Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Cayman "S" Track / Rebuild / Upgrade Goodies - Gen. 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Cayman "S" Track / Rebuild / Upgrade Goodies - Gen. 1

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 987, Cayman, Race Car
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

I have a 2006 Cayman S, a full ITC build.

Recently I've decided to convert the car to a 2009+ drivetrain.

I purchased a 19K mi. 2009 PDK Boxster S and am currently mining the entire wiring harness, immobilizer, ignition, ECU/trans. computer...everything down to the tub.

I'm also harvesting the front fenders, headlights/tailights so I have that full Gen. II look, I have purchased used front/rear bumper covers as well.

With THAT said, I'll be selling:

Complete Gen. 1 Wiring Harness (M97 Engine, "S", manual)
Includes fuse box and all connectors intact, this was a NON-TPMS/NON-NAV vehicle - $1500

***I would consider parting out harness as it is in 3 major sections, front, main and rear - please inquire AFTER checking factory pricing/other sources.***

3 Factory ECUs: one is factory, one is "cloned" with no tunes, one is "cloned" with ITC Gen.1 tune. (If you don't want to go thru re-cloning for your Cayman S, you'll need my immobilizer, ignition, key, alarm unit.) - $500 / $800 / $500, or $2200 for all three plus immobilizer, ignition switch, keys and complete steering column. (easy change out)

Factory immobilizer, ignition switch, ONE key with "pill", ONE cut key blank (no "pill"), original ECU and associated alarm control module and COMPLETE steering column. (it's coded to immobilizer) - $1,000

Gen. 1 Rear Bumper Cover: w/factory supports for vents/exhaust exit. Excellent condition. - $700 with ALL accessories (brackets, bumperettes, lower exhaust support and trim)

Gen. 1 Headlights:
RIGHT side is a factory HID Xenon with ballast / bulbs and works perfectly, in excellent condition. - $800
LEFT side is factory Halogen unit, works perfectly, great cond. - $350
In the pictures, both headlights currently have yellow Lamin-X on them for protection. The Lamin-X film is easily removed to reveal a PERFECT headlight lens...which is the product's intended purpose, besides looking cool because they're yellow.
Again, the Lamin-X peels right off, it does the job it's supposed to do.

Gen. 1 Front Fenders: right side = PERFECT, left side has a very slight indention right by the signal/repeater towards the headlight, most of it popped right out when I removed the fenders (4/8/14). BOTH are factory Carrera White and in otherwise excellent condition. - $300 EACH/$500 for the pair.

I do my best to keep prices reasonable. While I'm not a business, I do have a TON (literally) of parts I need to get OUT OF MY SHOP and storage building!! Please check with your local dealership and compare pricing/actual part# before considering offers.

Feel free to PM or CALL if interested (757)286-five eight five seven.
I can ship or possibly provide FREE transport within my scope of travel, please inquire.

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 06-03-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Here are a few pics of the body parts I have available, again these are for 2006 - 2008 Gen. 1 Cayman. The fenders, headlights/taillights will also fit a 2005-2008 Boxster, the bumper covers are styled differently for a Boxster.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 06-03-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 PM
rotaz
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you have the stock exhaust system by chance? If so please PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:51 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread Hi-Jack Warning:

Jeff, what kind of lift do you have and what is your ceiling height? Just picked up an '09 Cayman w/PDK I'm planning on modifying.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Junky, I was robbed by 4" by the builder, he did not take my 12' requirement seriously. In the end, it didn't matter as total height for the lift posts is 12' 4". It's a Quality Q10, Rotary's lower line.
Lesson Learned: get a Rotary.

I poked the posts thru the drywall ceiling and someday...some...day, I will trim (using same baseboard/crown trim) around the holes so it looks all neat n' stuff.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

As of 4/9/14, front fenders, headlights and COMPLETE wiring harness have been removed from the vehicle, and nose has been SOLD.

There are a few options on the wiring harness and ECUs available.

Please read COMPLETE description of headlights prior to inquiring as the right one is an HID/Xenon, the left, a Halogen unit...both are in excellent condition, because they are both Lamin-X'd. (peels off easily, revealing a PERFECT headlight lens) PLEASE stop with the concerns of peeling off the Lamin-X, it does it's job and peels right off if you don't like it.

NO, I will not photograph the lights without the Lamin-X.

The fenders are ready to "bolt on", with no scratches or major dings, etc. The rear bumper cover is absolutely beautiful, COMPLETE with every factory bracket, support, etc. NOT AN EBAY stripped down cover, READ THEIR ADS CLOSELY!!
...you'll spend another $700 on brackets and such with purchasing a used eBay bumper as the body shops strip these parts off to transfer to the replacement bumper. NOT the case here.

As always, shipping on larger/heavier items COULD be FREE, as I travel frequently to race tracks along the East Coast and beyond and can always "relay" the parts to your area. Please inquire for details.

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 06-03-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

6/3/14, the headlights, front fenders, rear bumper cover (with ALL support brackets/trim), complete wiring harness/ECU/ignition/immobilizer and steering column remain.

I will be attending NASA's Hyperfest event this weekend (June 6th-8th), the PCA Club Race at VIR (June 20th-22nd) and NASA's Summer Slam at VIR (July 18th-20th) and would gladly bring any of the items along for the trip to hand over to YOU or a friend who's attending.

PM if interested, or call (757) 286-five-eight-five-seven.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

As of 8/18/14 I have a left Xenon headlight in excellent condition for a Gen. 1 (taken in trade for the right side unit I had), both front fenders and perfect rear bumper cover with grille supports, brackets, exhaust trim and bumper "buffers"/brackets for a Gen. 1.

I also have the immobilizer, 2 keys, steering column, TWO ECUs and COMPLETE factory wiring harness available...ECUs are Gen.1 and matched to the previously mentioned components.

I'll be in NoVa mid-September and VIR first weekend in October...can bring larger items along for FREE transport.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 AM
The Youngn
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about those wing brackets?
Old 08-31-2014, 10:24 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

FYI, as of September 1st, 2014, I have two front fenders, a left (Driver side) Xenon headlight, a rear bumper cover and two ECUs w/ignition switch/steering column/immobilizer set remaining.

I also have an ENTIRE wiring harness for a Gen. 1 Cayman w/out TPMS/NAV. It is in excellent condition.

The fenders, rear bumper cover and headlight are in excellent condition.

The two ECUs will be sold as a PAIR, as they are matched to the Immobilizer/Ign.Switch/Steering Column Module (you can elect to have entire steering column or I can send you just the magnetic lock module that unbolts from the column. Either way, your choice.

I'll take reasonable offers but please don't hit me with "those sell for $XXXXXX on eBay" - this aint eBay.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

As of 9 April 2015, I have these parts remaining from the original post:

Gen. 1 wiring harness (complete) - $1500
right front fender, excellent condition - $400
2 matching/cloned ECUs, ignition interlock/immobilizer/keys - $1500
***ECUs are available separately as are keys/ignition/immobilizer

Also, I have decided to sell my ITC wing, pictured above and in my profile picture. These are $4200 new and about a 30 day waiting period.
I'll offer this one, with tension cables and all, complete, in excellent condition for $3200. - I am simply going in another direction with the car.

SEVERAL interiors worth of Caymans, black, gray and sandbeige...to include seats, glove boxes, cup holders, center consoles...airbags.

For seats I have two sets of gray in VERY nice condition, a set of black and a set of black perforated with Porsche emblem embossed (all factory)

I also have MANY MANY factory 18" / 19" wheel sets, to include a set of 10-spoke sport wheels (refinished) and beautiful! Ad posted here on RL. Any questions/inquiries, feel free to PM or call Jeff (757)286-5857
Old 05-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Right front fender for Gen.1 987.1 Cayman/Boxster (perfect cond.) in Carrera White w/fuel door. - $400

NEW Right side grill/foglight available. - $200

ITC Carbon Fiber Wing, complete with tensioner wire setup - $3200

Gen.1 ECU (works for all Gen.1 987S (2005 - 2008) - $600
Gen.1 ECU w/Immobiliser, 1 key and steering column and/or column lock - $1200
^^^ Both ECUs are "matched/cloned" if purchased both w/key/ignition/immobiliser and steering column - $1500

Gen.1 987/987S wiring harness, complete, for BOSE/Xenon optioned vehicles (NO TPMS/Chrono) - $1500

SEVERAL Interior items remain, mostly beige, gray and black including seats, door panels and misc. dashboard and carpet pieces - please inquire.

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 09-24-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:17 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 173 Posts

PM Sent
Old 10-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

I have some items remaining, please refer to the list, two posts up.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:54 PM
parts4porsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harness

hi, I have an 3.8 X51 engine 381 HP from a 2005 911 S car and I also have an boxster 2014 PDK transmission, My dream is to make it work together, is your harness for me? do you know what I need to have to make both work together?

thank you very much
Tadashi

Quick Reply: Cayman "S" Track / Rebuild / Upgrade Goodies - Gen. 1