Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS in NorCal - 930 tub - or complete roller w/wheels/suspension/996tt brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:01 PM
deathbyspoon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS in NorCal - 930 tub - or complete roller w/wheels/suspension/996tt brakes

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $5000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

Had this ad up on Pelican, thought I may have some interest on here. Trying to sell the tub, or as a complete roller with suspension/brakes/wheels. I wont sell anything that will take away from the car's abiliity to roll unless the tub sells first.

Details:
1983 Porsche 930. Clean CA title and current registration (needs smog). I am in Santa Clara, though the car is 100 miles away in Sonoma County. It appears at though the passenger rear quarter was replaced at some point. It was a decent job, and I didn’t even know until a member pointed out a slight misalignment in a trunk seam. All doors and everything line, all suspension tolerances appear to be spot on. I’d prefer to deal with a local buyer, but will ship, as long as buyer understands what they’re getting.
Completely gutted interior. All wiring has been removed. Slant nose kit sold, original whale tale sold, 930 brakes and torsion bars sold. All gauges except speedo sold.

I also have a freshly rebuilt 930 4 speed late bellhousing, with OS Giken Super Lock lsd and California Motorsports billet side plate. - $5500.

I’D PREFER TO SELL THE CAR WITH ALL THE SUSPENSION PRODUCTS MENTIONED BELOW AS A PACKAGE. I would consider $14k for everything below, with the car body/title. $12k without the 996tt brake package.
Note: Purchasing without the 996tt brake setup would require a donor set of 930 hubs/rotors/spacers to get the front rolling.

The tub on it's own is for sale at $5,000 OBO.

Suspension:

Rear turbo trailing arms with Elephant Racing mono *****, completely stripped, blasted, and powder coated clear. Parts and labor: $800
Elephant racing front poly bronze bushings: $260
Elephant Racing ASP kit - $1200 ELEPHANT RACING ASP Adjustable Spring Plate for Porsche 911/912/930
Elephant racing bladed sway bars - $1980 with rear weld-in mounts (included)
ELEPHANT RACING Blade Type adjustable sway bars for Porsche 911 912 and 930
Elephant Racing Poly Bronze rear bushings: $315 ELEPHANT RACING Polybronze Suspension Bearings for Porsche 911/912/930
(note – one of the brass surfaces on mine is a little marred from trying to clamp something, but does not affect performance at all)
Elephant Racing bump steer kit, installed with lower gussets: - $360 ELEPHANT RACING Adjustable Bump Steer Kits for Porsche 911/912/930

RSR Products Strut Modification, spindles raised 30mm, reinforcement gussets added $220

RSR Bilstein Adjustable Rear Shock *single adjustable 6 position w/ spring hardware - 450 lb rear springs - $1000
RSR Rear Upper Clevis Adaptor (pair)
 $140
RSR Front Coil Over Kit for 911 (*installed on struts) - 300 lb front springs - $320
Custom re-valved Bilstein inserts: $180
Custom modified front control arms with rod end ball joint to allow for camber adjustment - $800 with hardware
Total: $7575

Wheels:

CCW Classic 3 piece – 17x8 front, 17x11.5 rear, turbo offset (factory spacers req’d) - $2300
Total: $2300 + $7575 - $9875

Brakes:

996TT Front and Rear calipers, Instant-G conversion adapters, brand new 996tt rotors - $2500 . *note: one of the brake bleeder screws stripped the thread a little upon removal. I took it to a Porsche shop who cleaned up the threads, and said there’s enough bite to safely hold the bleeder or brake line in place.
I believe the only uninstalled parts are the sway bars/rear sway bar mounting tabs, and the brakes. The car currently does roll with the above parts installed.

<END BRAKES AND SUSPENSION – Total: $9875 + $2500 = $12,375> -

More Parts:

I also have a pair of rear 930 fiberglass fenders from Dawe’s Motorsport, which have been widened ever so slightly, and raised to allow for wheel travel.
Stock hood.
Getty fiberglass roof skin (not installed, still have sunroof parts and sunroof, albeit missing hardware) $659
Getty ducktail $529 new
Stock doors with some prior modifications for speakers. Power windows are there, though I do have manual cross arm regulators which I planned to convert.
RS America style door panels with black vinyl, with green door pulls.
Rs America lightweight carpet kit (black) $546 combined panels and carpet (Appbiz)

All original glass except windshield which was cracked.

Some more parts…serious buyers inquire.

I’d love to make somebody a deal on the whole project listed above. If I cant get the car sold as a roller, I’m going to hold onto it and put it away for a few months until I can find another way to gain some momentum back.
Unfortunately, I don’t have many recent pics of the car, but here’s what I have:

Suspension:

Bodywork:

Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
deathbyspoon
Track Day

Just a friendly bump. The roller is still for sale - I'm trying to keep it rolling as much as possible, so I won't sell the suspension stuff until the tub sells first.

The wheels, trailing arms, front and rear coilovers, and front control arms already have a waiting list of buyers.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by deathbyspoon; 12-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Chris Fanning
Advanced

Work me out a deal on the entire break an suspension setup
Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
ritter4242
Track Day

Hey I love the look of this roller, I have an 81 911 SC in need of a new body, everything else on the car is good, well maybe not the front end. is this car still for sale?
my email is georgep@iastate.edu feel free to email me, just put something about a 911 in the subject line.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
deathbyspoon
Track Day

Still for sale. Looking for the right buyer for the tub first, or the whole roller as listed above.

NOT PARTING OUT UNTIL THE TUB TELLS. I HAVE A WAITING LIST OF BUYERS FOR ALMOST EVERY PART ON THIS CAR.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 PM
deathbyspoon
Track Day

Bump. $11375 firm with everything except the elephant racing front bushings.

Please dont message me unless you are serious with cash in hand.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM
deathbyspoon
Track Day

SOLD!!

Quick Reply: FS in NorCal - 930 tub - or complete roller w/wheels/suspension/996tt brakes