Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: FIKSE FM10 - 3pc LIGHT WEIGHT WHEELS!! 17x9 & 17X8, 5x130, fit 964, 993 - $1950

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
jibberjive
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: FIKSE FM10 - 3pc LIGHT WEIGHT WHEELS!! 17x9 & 17X8, 5x130, fit 964, 993 - $1950

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $1950
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 964, 986, 993
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

For sale is a set of the legendary FIKSE FM10 race wheels! Price is $1950 obo including Bridgestone Pole Position Tires!! (not including shipping or paypal fees). They are literally the lightest 17" wheels I have ever lifted. Sizes are 17x9 ~et55 & 17X8 ~et57, with a 5x130 bolt pattern. These should fit 964 and 993 narrowbody cars, and I heard they should also fit 986's. I also heard that narrowbody 996's are a possibility with a spacer in the rear. You will want to verify that the offset will fit your car before purchase though. Located in Salt Lake City, UT, 84108.

jibberjive@gmail.com

See pics below!

Quick details:
-The wheels are currently media-blasted perfectly clean, in preparation of powdercoating or polishing.
-All wheels straight (previous owner had 3 wheels checked, and I had the last wheel checked when I had a very minor superficial repair completed [see below])
-One wheel had a very minor bend in the superficial part of the lip (I've got pre-repair pics as well, so you can see that it really was minor), which I had repaired. They just bent the lip back into shape and did some very fine sanding. There were no cracks/welds or anything of the like, just a minor bend-back. It looks excellent, like the other wheels, and when powdercoated or polished, it should be indistinguishable.
-Current condition of the set is pretty darn good, say 8.5-9/10, and after powder coating or polishing they should be a 9-9.5/10
-I've also got a set of tires with good tread as well (see pics below), Bridgestone Pole Position RE050a's, 205/50R17 in front, 255/40R17 in the rear
- They come with all of the center caps, media blasted as well.

1st set of PICS:

(this is the one that had the repair, the shiny-ness that you see is from the light sanding they did, and it stands out because the texture of the rest of the wheel is different because of the previous media blasting. It'll look the same as the others once polished or powdercoated.)

Here's a pic of it pre-repair, so you can see how minor and superficial the bend was. It was just on the outer lip (that bump you see below it here was just a puddle from a shoddy rattle-can paint job).

Wheels pic set #2 (these were taken at a different time than above, so the numbers don't correlate with each other):

Tires:
(not including the one with the tag)

Rear

Front

I was initially going to get them powder coated and sell them for $2450 (considering how expensive they were new and how rare they are), but it would probably be better for the buyer to get them powdercoated locally, so that it lessens the chance of cosmetic damage to the finish of the wheels during shipping. This also also allows the purchaser to get them coated the color they want, rather than myself having to guess what color someone might want. So, since they are not coated, I'm dropping the price to $1950 obo + shipping and paypal (if you pay via paypal). I was going to charge +$200 for the tires, but I found something I'm going to buy with this money, so I am throwing the tires in for free! These are priced to go quickly, and I just listed them everywhere, so let me know if you're interested! Thanks!

jibberjive@gmail.com

BTW, I didn't just sign up for Rennlist so that I can post in the classifieds for my first post; I'm actually an Audi guy currently in pursuit of a 996tt

See my buyer/seller feedback here: http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...ction=readfeed

Last edited by jibberjive; 03-24-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:04 AM
phi baggins
4th Gear

Are these wheels still for sale?

Cheers,

Phil
Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 AM
jibberjive
5th Gear

Replied to your email. Yes the wheels are available, but they are currently in the process of having the lips polished and the centers coated flat gunmetal. They will likely be done by the end of the week, and I plan on making a new classified ad for a higher price for the re-finished wheels. Keep your eye on the forums, or shoot me a reply to the email if you're interested. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM
llusk
Advanced

DO you still have the Fikse wheels?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 PM
fizzledorf
Advanced

Any pictures of these on your car?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 AM
jibberjive
5th Gear

Yes, the wheels are still available, but as mentioned above, the pictures and price in the original ad are no longer representative of the wheels. The lips are now polished and the centers are currently in the process of being coated flat gunmetal. I've got two other interested parties right now (one local), but if if you want to pm me your email address, I'll be sure to get in touch with you if those fall through.

And as for pictures, I don't have any of them on my car, but here are some pics of almost the exact wheel specs on a 964 track car that I took from a previous for sale ad of user Jeff Curtis. Beautiful wheels.

Quick Reply: FS: FIKSE FM10 - 3pc LIGHT WEIGHT WHEELS!! 17x9 & 17X8, 5x130, fit 964, 993 - $1950