Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

TWM 3003 46mm ITB Throttle bodies

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 06:25 PM
moezilla
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TWM 3003 46mm ITB Throttle bodies

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price (no $ sign please): $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 914, 964
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

TWM 3003 ITB 46mm Weber Style EFI throttle bodies. $1000 or offer or trade for other parts to clutter my garage where I keep the money pit project.

If you are building a Porsche track car with a 2.7 to 3.6, with EFI, these may work for your megasquirt, motec, electromotive, or haltech EFI setup.

No linkage/ manifolds, but air horns (I also have rain hats)
These will fit std weber manifolds

Include TPS sensor and Porsche 944 injectors
I have included a link to the first time I started these with EFI from Electromotive.
Since then I had all of the shaft bushings rebuilt as these had vacuum leaks in the shafts. The new bushing material is far superior.

But I still could not get the idle down below 1300 when warm. Part of that issue is because of the throttle plates seating ( see light shining through in one photo)
I have since replaced these with $3400 plus tax PMOs, which are works of art in comparison to TWM. I still have work on the tuning for idle speed, but too late to go back. Unlike the PMOs with individual vacuum taps, I used a collector manifold tapped into new manifold taps for MAP, which works well.
These could be great for a track car with Tec3R, Motec, etc. or with any of the EFIs in a street car with a talented tuner, or fairing on the throttle plates for perfect seating.

But PMOs are definitely easier to tune idle on a street car. These were on Megasquirt prior to Electromotive. A complete assembled EFI computer less harness is $657. diy autotune web site has many cheaper options if you want to assemble. You can go DIY or pre-assembled turnkey. Full sequential coil on plug is an option on a 3.6. Electromotive is a lot more expensive, but not necessarily better, and a little more difficult to tune.

I got delayed on these for a few years as the 3.6 engine I purchased had so many issues from abuse. I have to pull the engine it again to redo faulty head gasket work,
but here is a video of these TWM ITBs at work. I have videos of these on an engine stand as well, but that is kind of useless compared to real-world use in a car under load.

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: TWM 3003 46mm ITB Throttle bodies