Notices
Parts Marketplace A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:



Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:


2001 3.6L engine

 
Old 07-24-2018, 02:03 PM
  #1  
Byprodriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.CA
Posts: 2,386
Default 2001 3.6L engine

Category: Engine - Complete
Price (no $ sign please): $15000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 986, 996
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Brand New



Some of the parts used, JE pistons & rings, heads by Costa Mesa R&D, balanced by RevCo


2001 rebuilt with LN 3.6L sleeves
Byprodriver is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 02:11 PM
  #2  
chsu74
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
chsu74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 7,747
Default

Nice motor. Can it run off the 3.4L stock ECU?
chsu74 is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 04:04 PM
  #3  
Byprodriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.CA
Posts: 2,386
Default

Originally Posted by chsu74 View Post
Nice motor. Can it run off the 3.4L stock ECU?
Yes no DME changes required.
Byprodriver is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
  #4  
Charles Navarro
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Charles Navarro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Momence, IL
Posts: 1,078
Default

This should be a good engine for someone. Bill took our hands-on classes in GA and used the best of everything in this build. His price is quite fair considering that includes the core engine he started with in that price!
Charles Navarro is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 05:49 PM
  #5  
Byprodriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.CA
Posts: 2,386
Default

Originally Posted by Charles Navarro View Post
This should be a good engine for someone. Bill took our hands-on classes in GA and used the best of everything in this build. His price is quite fair considering that includes the core engine he started with in that price!
Thanks for the vouch Charles.
Byprodriver is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 11:21 AM
  #6  
kon5t
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Socal/PRK
Posts: 185
Default

Hey there, any chance you could list the parts that went into the build?
kon5t is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 11:42 AM
  #7  
Coopduc
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 452
Default

Curious why you’re selling it.
Coopduc is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 03:11 PM
  #8  
Byprodriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.CA
Posts: 2,386
Default

Originally Posted by Coopduc View Post
Curious why youĺre selling it.
I built it to sell right after I rebuilt the engine in my car. 5 years ago no one could comprehend what it cost to improve a M96 engine. People are starting to realize if you just upgrade the weak points these cars are as enjoyable to drive as anything you can buy.
So I believe I can sell it for what it's worth now.
Byprodriver is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 03:30 PM
  #9  
Byprodriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.CA
Posts: 2,386
Default

Originally Posted by kon5t View Post
Hey there, any chance you could list the parts that went into the build?
Most of them are in the 1st picture: LN Engineering 99mm billet cylinder sleeves with JE pistons & rings, LN Triple Row IMSB, ARP rod bolts. New timing chains , guides & IMS chain paddle, cleaned & tested Vario-cam, Clean & tested lifters, replaced any questionable lifters. Heads rebuilt & reinforced to prevent cracks by Costa Mesa R &D. Engine balanced by Revco in Long Beach. All Parts Ultrasonic cleaned before assembly.

Balance marks on rods
Byprodriver is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 08:31 PM
  #10  
Brian in Tucson
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 224
Default

Yup, its worth it.
Brian in Tucson is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 09:13 PM
  #11  
mikefocke
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sanford NC
Posts: 779
Default

Triple row LN IMS bearing? I've heard of their single, dual, dual for single and flat bearing Solution. What have I missed?
mikefocke is offline  
Old 08-04-2018, 09:17 AM
  #12  
Charles Navarro
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Charles Navarro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Momence, IL
Posts: 1,078
Default

Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
Triple row LN IMS bearing? I've heard of their single, dual, dual for single and flat bearing Solution. What have I missed?
That was something we offered years ago, preceded by the quad row. These were offered before the advent of the IMS Retrofit and we did in-house.

We phased the triple row out when we released the Single Row Pro, back about 4-5 years ago.
Charles Navarro is offline  
Old 08-04-2018, 07:55 PM
  #13  
GVA-SFO
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,329
Default

..Makes a lot of envy !

I currently have the OEM 3.2 in my (2001) car, with Double Row Pro, new water pump (metal impeller !!), low temp thermostat, under drive pulley, (new serpentine), 1/2 quart sump extension, full metal "x51 type" oil baffle, all of that less than 3k miles, ..but the core has 65k miles !
(The only engine mod that could have add "1 or 2" hp is the IPD intake, with large throttle box, large intake tube (IPD) and performance filter.)

OK, in my last 3k miles, half of these are good (s)miles, i.e.: Laguna Seca ones !

I think, it would have been a 3.8, I may have "cracked for" !
And reading from Mr. Raby that now we can go to 4.0, it really makes me dreaming in this direction !

(I can also say that "preparing the landing" of a good engine, I have already Bilstein PSS9, adjustable lower arms (good negative camber), front Brembo big brake kit (with 6 pistons calipers), and, my "standard" tires are NT01.

Yes, I'm really looking for more "displacement" !
GVA-SFO is offline  
Old 08-04-2018, 09:33 PM
  #14  
Byprodriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.CA
Posts: 2,386
Default

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO View Post
..Makes a lot of envy !

I currently have the OEM 3.2 in my (2001) car, with Double Row Pro, new water pump (metal impeller !!), low temp thermostat, under drive pulley, (new serpentine), 1/2 quart sump extension, full metal "x51 type" oil baffle, all of that less than 3k miles, ..but the core has 65k miles !
(The only engine mod that could have add "1 or 2" hp is the IPD intake, with large throttle box, large intake tube (IPD) and performance filter.)

OK, in my last 3k miles, half of these are good (s)miles, i.e.: Laguna Seca ones !

I think, it would have been a 3.8, I may have "cracked for" !
And reading from Mr. Raby that now we can go to 4.0, it really makes me dreaming in this direction !

(I can also say that "preparing the landing" of a good engine, I have already Bilstein PSS9, adjustable lower arms (good negative camber), front Brembo big brake kit (with 6 pistons calipers), and, my "standard" tires are NT01.

Yes, I'm really looking for more "displacement" !
You can sell your engine for about $10,000 & buy mine to have a 3.6L. It will give you 40 ft. lbs more torque thru most of the rev range to come out of corners faster. I had to get a torque bias diff to be able to use the extra torque in my car.
Byprodriver is offline  
Old 08-04-2018, 09:42 PM
  #15  
GVA-SFO
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,329
Default

Well, ..shall I think about a trade in ?


(15-10=5)
GVA-SFO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 3.6L engine


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.