Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

SoCal Local Pickup: BBS E88 5-lug for 997 Narrow-Body

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 10:54 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default SoCal Local Pickup: BBS E88 5-lug for 997 Narrow-Body

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $2500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 997
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Used

SOLD.

Preface: Please read. I will not answer any PMs with any questions that have been answered in this thread. Furthermore, low-ball offers will be ignored.

For sale: Used set of BBS E88s. They were used by a forum member previously and were painted in orange, so I had the centers re-powercoated in silver. Unfortunately, the powdercoating shop did not follow my instructions and failed to mask off the center of the wheel, so the bare metal ring right at the center of the wheel was powdercoated, along with the inner portion of the wheel that sits on the hub (although that's nothing a wire wheel won't fix). I think the shop sprayed the inner barrels a silver color as well, due to how messy they looked when I handed them over (or maybe it came like that from the previous owner and I just never noticed).

The wheels are 18x9 ET50 and 18x11 ET55, 5 lug bolt pattern for narrow body 997 models. Should fit 996's too, but check, I'm not positive on that front. I did the calculations once upon a time, and if my memory serves me correctly, if you want to go to the wider 18x12 that many people on this forum seem to run, all you have to do is replace the inner barrels of the rear wheels. Personally, I was going to use these as street wheels so the 18x11 is easier to find street tire sizes for. I have never driven on the wheels myself, and all I did was have the wheels test fitted on my car recently to see if they clear the OEM PCCB/380mm calipers. Good news is that they do in fact clear, although it is quite tight back there and you'll need some of those thinner wheel weights.

I recommend at least re-assembling the wheels, because the aforementioned asinine powdercoating shop went as far as to reuse the old sealing gaskets and bolts. I was going to do that, but decided to buy a set of HREs as a gift for a family member instead, and I'm already on HRE P40SCs and content with them. Given their non-showroom perfect condition and history, I am asking $2500, local pick-up in the Diamond Bar area of Southern California only, shipping will not be entertained at this time. Come see for yourself before you buy. First come, first serve basis. Please PM me if interested. Thank you.

Last edited by LateBraking; 07-21-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:39 AM
Lordbizness
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I’m interested in them but need to ask a few questions.

Can you please email me at Cscastasus@yahoo.com or can text me (626)391–7997 thanks

Chris

Quick Reply: SoCal Local Pickup: BBS E88 5-lug for 997 Narrow-Body