Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 07:45 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 618 Likes on 394 Posts
Default ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Brand New

APEX 18” Porsche Wheel Group Buy

6/28 Update - The deal has successfully reached the max discount tier of $300 Off + Free Shipping*. We will continue to accept pledges/orders until the deal closes tonight, at 11:59 PM PST. Congratulations to everyone that joined!

VISIT THE GROUP BUY PAGE HERE

Thousands of you took our survey and shared invaluable information that influenced what’s included in this deal. We're happy to announce that our Porsche pre-order Group Buy is now live.

The ability to bring these wheels to fruition is dependent on your pre-order Group Buy participation. We're committed to each specific fitment and finish so long as there is enough interest for each. This Group Buy allows you to pre-order with the potential for the deepest discounts we'll ever offer. You can view all sizes, pricing, and details on the Group Buy site linked below. Participate, spread the word, and rejoice that our Porsche wheels are finally near.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here, reach out directly, or submit them through the Group Buy platform.

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to - even if you’re the first participant. Pledging is risk free!

How do I participate?
Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GangUp.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What if I have some questions?
No problem! You can simply contact us by clicking “Message Vendor” on the deal page or via groupbuys@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

What’s different about our Group Buy?
Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GangUp.com where you can pay, follow, and discuss the deal’s status.

Want to see how they look?

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 06-28-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:52 PM
dmcampbell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What are the available sizes? Looking for Narrow body 996 GT3 sizes/offsets. Thanks, Mike
Old 04-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dmcampbell
What are the available sizes? Looking for Narrow body 996 GT3 sizes/offsets. Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike,

By clicking "SHOW YOUR INTEREST" above, you'll be brought to the Group Buy homepage. When there, all specifications and details can be seen under the "Deal Overview" tab on the left. There is a lot of information, so please feel free to scroll through to the bottom. The Group Buy page can be seen HERE, too.

Final production will be determined by those who officially pledge their interest in the group buy. Availability is prioritized and shipped in the order of which these pledges are received. If you're interested, please select your sizes, preferences, and accepted discount tier, and submit your interest on the Group Buy site.

Please reach out with any additional questions!
Old 05-01-2018, 03:11 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 592 Likes on 332 Posts

I'd be in if these were offered in some different color options other than the standard plain choices...
Old 05-01-2018, 03:16 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

wish these were 19s
Old 05-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MotoJB
I'd be in if these were offered in some different color options other than the standard plain choices...
The main issue with optional color choices or a plethora of color options would be our wheel replacement program. If your APEX's endure ANY damage whatsoever (on track or otherwise) you can return the wheel and are likely eligible to purchase the same wheel (finish, diameter, width, offset) at a 50% discount. On a case by case basis, this would be difficult to fulfill if we do not have the specialty color in stock or painted.

Our wheels are stocked on the shelf in great quantity and ready to ship in less than a day’s notice. We’re able to bypass the notorious 6-8 week lead time required by many companies, which has allowed us to get racers their wheels before a track weekend without hiccup.

Originally Posted by bronz
wish these were 19s
Our 19" wheels will be available after this current Group Buy comes to an end. Timing has yet to be determined, but I'll surely update as that development progresses. Note that our 18" wheels can fit 380mm rotor 6-piston brake kits (PCCB and aftermarket), so do not be forced into running a larger diameter than desired due to inferior brake clearance.

Thank you for your comments. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:44 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
The main issue with optional color choices or a plethora of color options would be our wheel replacement program. If your APEX's endure ANY damage whatsoever (on track or otherwise) you can return the wheel and are likely eligible to purchase the same wheel (finish, diameter, width, offset) at a 50% discount. On a case by case basis, this would be difficult to fulfill if we do not have the specialty color in stock or painted.

Our wheels are stocked on the shelf in great quantity and ready to ship in less than a day’s notice. We’re able to bypass the notorious 6-8 week lead time required by many companies, which has allowed us to get racers their wheels before a track weekend without hiccup.

Thank you for your comments. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks for the response. I understand and that's your prerogative/business model. That's a great service to your customers.

BTW, I wouldn't be interested in a "plethora" of choices...but a couple of extra paint or powder coat options might be considered. I'm pretty sure (if you're catering to the BMW crowd and/or track/race crowd), that a good number of people would be interested in other colors. Gold and Red perhaps? Lastly, you could always declare up front that the replacement options/service is either not available or is different with the "custom" colors.

Simply offering up ideas to broaden your market/appeal. I just don't desire any of the color options you're currently offering (I've either run them previously or I already have them with my other sets of wheels).

Thank you.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the response. I understand and that's your prerogative/business model. That's a great service to your customers.

BTW, I wouldn't be interested in a "plethora" of choices...but a couple of extra paint or powder coat options might be considered. I'm pretty sure (if you're catering to the BMW crowd and/or track/race crowd), that a good number of people would be interested in other colors. Gold and Red perhaps? Lastly, you could always declare up front that the replacement options/service is either not available or is different with the "custom" colors.

Simply offering up ideas to broaden your market/appeal. I just don't desire any of the color options you're currently offering (I've either run them previously or I already have them with my other sets of wheels).

Thank you.
Greatly appreciate your thoughts. They're all valid points. We do offer matte bronze on certain BMW fitments as of last year - which can be done with our Porsche wheels, too. Although the three finishes in this Group Buy (Race Silver, Anthracite, Satin Black) seem to remain the best sellers even after our introduction of matte bronze, we're open to offering matte bronze sooner than later if it is met with ample support.

To stay in the loop for alternative SM-10 finish options, please feel free to add yourself onto the interested list. This does not bind you to your spec'd set, but will keep you directly informed via email with any updates regarding this development.

Enthusiast feedback shapes our product development, so thank you for sharing!
Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
Greatly appreciate your thoughts. They're all valid points. We do offer matte bronze on certain BMW fitments as of last year - which can be done with our Porsche wheels, too. Although the three finishes in this Group Buy (Race Silver, Anthracite, Satin Black) seem to remain the best sellers even after our introduction of matte bronze, we're open to offering matte bronze sooner than later if it is met with ample support.

To stay in the loop for alternative SM-10 finish options, please feel free to add yourself onto the interested list. This does not bind you to your spec'd set, but will keep you directly informed via email with any updates regarding this development.

Enthusiast feedback shapes our product development, so thank you for sharing!
Thanks for being open to the input.

I can see how the "fringe" colors will be less popular than standard finishes. For sure, not all car colors work with bronze or gold, for example.

I found your BMW threads from last year.

I still vote for offering these colors but perhaps alter your wheel replacement service for "special order colors".

I would be interested in the Gold or Matte Bronze. Please let me know if either color is an option for the SM-10 group buy. Thank you.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:00 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i suspect the answer is no but does the 18 diameter rim fit a 997 GT2 over its factory ceramic brake rotors and calipers?
Old 05-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for being open to the input.

I can see how the "fringe" colors will be less popular than standard finishes. For sure, not all car colors work with bronze or gold, for example.

I found your BMW threads from last year.

I still vote for offering these colors but perhaps alter your wheel replacement service for "special order colors".

I would be interested in the Gold or Matte Bronze. Please let me know if either color is an option for the SM-10 group buy. Thank you.
I'll certainly explore this possibility and will report back with any news. Thank you, sir!

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
i suspect the answer is no but does the 18 diameter rim fit a 997 GT2 over its factory ceramic brake rotors and calipers?
Our 18x8.5" ET42 and 18x9" ET46 SM-10 will clear 380mm rotor 6-piston front brake kits; factory PCCB included. We're unable to source the 997 GT2's OEM brake template PDF (or any OEM templates for that matter), so we've historically resorted to on-car testing for confirmation. We've conducted on-car testing on a .1 GT3RS equipped with these PCCB, but have not conducted on-car testing on a GT2. To my knowledge, the GT3RS/GT2 share the same PCCB dimensions. If this stands true, they will fit.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:36 AM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

So...no Bronze option for the GB? Also, I'm in San Ramon. Can I stop by to check out the rims/finishes in person?
Old 05-08-2018, 09:42 AM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Pledge in, looking forward to getting some nice light wheels.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:11 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Question for Apex: the anthracite wheels looks mainly gray in the separate photos, but look bronze-ish in the photos on the cars, especially the yellow cars. Are they different finishes shown, are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is it a visual effect from being contrasted with the color of the vehicle? I have my first choice as anthracite now based on the photo with the yellow 981.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So...no Bronze option for the GB? Also, I'm in San Ramon. Can I stop by to check out the rims/finishes in person?
Nice chatting with you via PM. I'll mention the nuts & bolts of our conversation here for others to see. We'll have samples wheels in all concavity profiles and finishes on hand in the coming weeks. We'll be taking loads of photography; both on-car and of individual wheels.

Those who are in the Bay Area and would like to see these in person are more than welcome. There are a few chassis that we'd like to install these sample SM-10's on for professional photography, so please reach out if you're willing.

Looking forward to seeing these on your TT!

Originally Posted by PorscheAddict
Pledge in, looking forward to getting some nice light wheels.
Originally Posted by PorscheAddict
Question for Apex: the anthracite wheels looks mainly gray in the separate photos, but look bronze-ish in the photos on the cars, especially the yellow cars. Are they different finishes shown, are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is it a visual effect from being contrasted with the color of the vehicle? I have my first choice as anthracite now based on the photo with the yellow 981.
Thank you for your participation!

Anthracite is by far and away the most difficult finish to accurately capture. In person, they do not have a bronze hue. Here are a few pictures that represent their true shade. Keep in mind these are our 5x120 BMW SM-10, and while most all of the wheel aspects differ, the Anthracite finish remains the same.

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 05-09-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply: ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy