Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

WANTED TO BUY: 981 BOXSTER SPYDER PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 05:04 PM
Hercules Pappas
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED TO BUY: 981 BOXSTER SPYDER PARTS

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): Other Marques
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

Hello all. New to Porsche. Have a 2016 Boxster Spyder with some body damage. Bought it this way and am looking to put her back together. I need the following parts, if anyone has them and/or knows where to find them, I would greatly appreciate it. I know many of the parts are the same from the Boxster Spyder and Spyder S of this vintage. But some parts are unique to the Spyder. If any of you have any other leads or sites on which to look, that would be helpful, as well. Buying these parts oem from the dealer would simply be cost prohibitive. Thanks again.

The list is as follows:
  1. Passenger Door 981.531.912.04
  2. Passenger Door Air Bag
  3. Passenger Door Mirror
  4. Right Rear Quarter Panel
  5. Rear Tonneau Cover (Trunk Lid)
  6. Right Rear Tail Lamp
  7. Rear Bumper Cover
  8. Dashboard (top section - black)
  9. Passenger Seat (Black with red stitching)
  10. Fuel Filler Exterior Flap
  11. Passenger Rocker Panel/Side Skirt
  12. Convertible Top Mechanism (don't need soft top canvas, just armature)
  13. Dashboard Trim between glove compartment and top of dash - right most pieces to the right of the cupholders
  14. Passenger Seat Air Bag and cover panel for right side of seat (seat might be ok)
  15. Passenger Seatback hard plastic cover
  16. Right front fender reflector

I am formerly a bimmer guy and have a Lotus as well. I am familiar with these types of forums. There are always haters with negative commentary, etc. I know what I am getting into and I appreciate all of the concerns, but if possible, I would like to restrict this thread to some positive commentary on where I can get the parts. In return, people can get a little cash and some more room in their garages : )

Thank you so much and I look forward to being part of a club for one of the best cars out there!!

-Herc
Old 10-31-2017, 06:34 PM
tq.3z
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

This is going to be a difficult endeavor for you. With 800 of these in North America and most sitting in heated garages I can't imagine getting these parts second hand will be easy. I hope you got a great deal on the car and best of luck to you!
Old 10-31-2017, 06:47 PM
Hercules Pappas
6th Gear

Well, the problem I am having is that, before purchasing the car, I did all my research on finding parts. A salvage yard called L.A. Dismantlers (specializing in Porsche parts) told me they had all the parts I needed and gave me a price. Based upon that information, I made the purchase. After doing so, I contacted L.A.D. to order the parts. I was then informed that the person who told me that lied to me, that he no longer works there, and that they have three or four out of the 16 parts I need! Very frustrating. I hope I can recover from this. Thank you for your input.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:27 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tq.3z
This is going to be a difficult endeavor for you. With 800 of these in North America and most sitting in heated garages I can't imagine getting these parts second hand will be easy. I hope you got a great deal on the car and best of luck to you!
What he said.

Originally Posted by Hercules Pappas
Well, the problem I am having is that, before purchasing the car, I did all my research on finding parts. A salvage yard called L.A. Dismantlers (specializing in Porsche parts) told me they had all the parts I needed and gave me a price. Based upon that information, I made the purchase. After doing so, I contacted L.A.D. to order the parts. I was then informed that the person who told me that lied to me, that he no longer works there, and that they have three or four out of the 16 parts I need! Very frustrating. I hope I can recover from this. Thank you for your input.
That's really unfortunate. Sorry to hear this. Best of luck getting her all back together. Hope to see that happen sooner or later. Mind sharing any of the backstory here... info / pics of the car at hand. Curious to the actual amount of damage.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Hercules Pappas
6th Gear

Hit in passenger door/quarter panel area. Don't have any pics on my computer, but will upload if/when I do.

Thanks for the support, guys. Is there another forum where I might have more luck finding these parts? Or any special used porsche yards? Any info. would be helpful.

-Herc
Old 11-02-2017, 06:11 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Would buying new parts not be an option? You’d maybe end up with more $ in the car than if you’d bought a Spyder without accident damage?
Old 11-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Hercules Pappas
6th Gear

Very true, Mark. New parts would absolutely be cost prohibitive. If it comes to that, I will just sell it as a parts car. Considering the fact that I can't find any parts, that may actually turn out to be a lucrative endeavor. But I don't want to. I want the car : (
Old 11-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

It is the most incredible car I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned a lot of them including several air cooled 911’s, a GT3,and a couple 911 TT’s. Good luck. I hope you get to return it to driver status.

Quick Reply: WANTED TO BUY: 981 BOXSTER SPYDER PARTS