Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: 996 TT Working Rear Spoiler Hydraulics - pump & rams

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 08:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,170 Likes on 3,934 Posts
Default FS: 996 TT Working Rear Spoiler Hydraulics - pump & rams

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $525
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996, 997
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

I just replaced the 996TT active aero rear spoiler hydraulic system I had on my RUF 997 with Rennkit's Eram setup as I wanted more spoiler height than the standard hydraulics provided so I'm putting them up for sale in case someone's 996 setup (or 997 setup) has failed or for someone doing a TT decklid conversion on a non-turbo car (like I did on my wife's C2S).

I purchased them used a couple years ago and when I installed them I put in new hydraulic fluid and they've worked fine for the time I've had them installed.

A few things -
  1. the PO didn't use the proper pin wrench when he removed them from his car so there are some light scratches on the cylinders and though I was originally concerned about them they did not effect proper functionality at all.
  2. To use them with my RUF decklid and wing, I had to modify the top mounts, but you can reuse your tops by simply removing the snap ring with a set of snap-ring pliers, pulling out the top assemblies and installing the ones from your failed rams. If you'll be using these on a 997 (mounting bolt pattern is the same for both cars) you can simply replace the bolt I have under the caps with an M10x1.25 socket cap screw which will then thread into the 997 wing.
  3. The spring clip at the bottom of one of the rams is bent an loose. If you push the ram down from the top and install the bottom cap, it holds it in the proper position, but without the bottom cap installed, the spring will pop it up a little, and that will make the wing sit uneven. Really, the hydraulic line should be taken loose and the spring clip on the bottom replaced and then you'll be all set, but I figured the new owner would rather open the hydraulics to know it was done right than have me do it prior to sale.
  4. The limit switches are installed and included and when I cut the wires to use with my Erams, I left enough length so you could tie back into them or if you have your wiring harness, you can just pop your switches back into the passenger side ram. The switch cover and bottom ram caps are all included.

Feel free to ask any questions or make offers, but as others who've bought parts from me here in the past can attest, I try to accurately describe my items so there aren't any surprises when you receive and go to install them.

Pics of them on the car.

Shipping is included in the US via UPS Ground and payment will be via PayPal Friends & Family (for regular PayPal, add 4%).

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:15 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,170 Likes on 3,934 Posts
Default SOLD

SOLD

Quick Reply: FS: 996 TT Working Rear Spoiler Hydraulics - pump & rams