Panamera 2010-Current

Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 08:00 PM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers

Drove car in rain first time today and the wipers are noisy as hell. They also drag on the windscreen in both directions. Not sure if it's because the wiper blades are new or wiper arms applying too much pressure but it's quite distracting and noisy.

Had similar issue on a cayenne few years ago and Porsche replaced the blades twice at which point issue was not resolved so I bought some after market Bosch blades that solved the problem.

I might also see what coating detailer applied to windscreen in case that is causing the drag but I would imagine if there was an issue with the gtechniq glass products given their popularity they'd have seen similar issues before.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:18 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No issue with mine.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:47 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

mine neither (not that i've noticed anyway).
Old 07-05-2017, 07:23 AM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for replies. chatted to the detailer and they said the coating they apply to the glass takes a couple of days to settle and its normal. have to admit its chucking it down today again and they do seem a bit less "juddery" than yesterday so sounds like the detailer knows what they are talking about. i'll give it a week and see how it goes if it does not settle down i'll get the coating taken off the windscreen.

Quick Reply: Wipers