Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Panamera I picked up in Feb 2018 came with the book and the desk thingy (pic) and the Panamera I picked up in October 2018 just came with the book ?? weird.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:42 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Galavanta
My Panamera I picked up in Feb 2018 came with the book and the desk thingy (pic) and the Panamera I picked up in October 2018 just came with the book ?? weird.
Desk thingy??? What kind of Panamera did you get in Feb. 2018?
Old 03-14-2019, 11:51 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

I ordered my Panamera E-Hybrid in June 2017, due to the EPA hold it was delivered in Feb 2018 and had been sitting outside in Halifax dock the entire winter so I said I wanted a new one, my local dealer was kind enough to let me drive my original order for a month or so and then order a replacement with any "tweaks" that I wanted so I ordered my 2nd Panamera 4-E-Hybrid in May 2018 (I have an AWESOME dealer)
Old 03-15-2019, 12:27 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I ordered my Panamera E-Hybrid in June 2017, due to the EPA hold it was delivered in Feb 2018 and had been sitting outside in Halifax dock the entire winter so I said I wanted a new one, my local dealer was kind enough to let me drive my original order for a month or so and then order a replacement with any "tweaks" that I wanted so I ordered my 2nd Panamera 4-E-Hybrid in May 2018 (I have an AWESOME dealer)
Wow... who's your dealer?
Did anybody else here get a nice desk paperweight with their car? I sure didn't!

On another note, I just posted this on the Panamera thread regarding high-mileage Panameras. But it might be of more interest to readers of this thread, so here it is again:

I'm very curious to see how long the new Panamera E-Hybrid engines will last. My ICE has been off for about 1/3 of my 18k miles so far, since I bought the car new last May. If that rate were to continue for 100k miles, it would mean that the engine would be on for only about 65k-70k miles at that point. The engine does turn on and off a lot more than in an ICE-only vehicle, but much less than in a "mild hybrid" (non-PHEV hybrid); not sure what that turning on and off will do over long periods of time... An interesting statistic recorded by my car is that, even though 1/3 of the miles were driven in electric-only (E-Power) mode, 235 of the first 439 hours driven were in all-electric mode (called "Zero Emission" mode in the computer), which is well over half of the driven hours.

I wonder if there are any older (first-gen) Panamera S E-Hybrid owners on Rennlist who still have their cars after 100k-plus miles?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:34 AM
Galavanta
Intermediate

https://porschevictoria.com
If I told you everything they did/do for me no one would believe me, they really are amazing. I know of a couple of guys (one on this forum) that have come across from Vancouver to the island to little old Victoria to buy from this dealer.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:03 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Got a paperweight with mine in Dec 17.
Didn't get with one in July15

Actually I hadn't noticed before that it had my name and vin on.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:54 PM
KW411
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are only two dealerships in the entire metro Vancouver - Vancouver and Langley. The one in Vancouver really sucks. SA are arrogant, service team knows nothing. When I got my e-hybrid early last year, they didn't even know how to reset the odometer??!!!

Most people (including me) regret buying car from there.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KW411
There are only two dealerships in the entire metro Vancouver - Vancouver and Langley. The one in Vancouver really sucks. SA are arrogant, service team knows nothing. When I got my e-hybrid early last year, they didn't even know how to reset the odometer??!!!

Most people (including me) regret buying car from there.
I have heard that so many times, living on the island really sucks for shopping but I guess Porsche is the exception :-)
Old 03-15-2019, 03:04 PM
KW411
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I placed my order of ST ehybrid back in Aug 17, I asked the sales is there any discount and he bluntly said that the car is in high demand and no reason to give any discount!! Even now in Vancouver, there are certainly quite a lot of 2nd gen Panamera, but not that many ST. I don't know where that high demand comes from.......
Old 03-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KW411
When I placed my order of ST ehybrid back in Aug 17, I asked the sales is there any discount and he bluntly said that the car is in high demand and no reason to give any discount!! Even now in Vancouver, there are certainly quite a lot of 2nd gen Panamera, but not that many ST. I don't know where that high demand comes from.......
Apart from the many things that were thrown in for free I received a $2000 discount and I ordered in June 2017 before the vehicle was on the market and demand was high, you should chat to the Victoria guys before you buy again.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Apart from the many things that were thrown in for free I received a $2000 discount and I ordered in June 2017 before the vehicle was on the market and demand was high, you should chat to the Victoria guys before you buy again.
Do many of you BC'ers come down to Bellingham (Roger Jobs Porsche)? I've always assumed the reason Bellingham has a Porsche dealer is Canadian buyers, but don't know how much difficulty there is in cross-border buying.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:06 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Brett - 1996 C4
Do many of you BC'ers come down to Bellingham (Roger Jobs Porsche)? I've always assumed the reason Bellingham has a Porsche dealer is Canadian buyers, but don't know how much difficulty there is in cross-border buying.
As far as I know Porsche won't allow new car sales in the US to Canadians, I could be wrong.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting. Doesn't make a lot of sense for Porsche to put a dealer up in Bellingham, can't imagine all the wealthy vacation homeowners in the San Juans are buying in Bellingham, only to drive their Porsches around the limited amount of roadway on Orcas or Lopez. Or there are enough rich retirees in Bellingham and Port Townsend to justify it.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:21 PM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Porsche apparently have a test for the Panamera charging port door and if it passes, they will not replace it. They get a 500 pound gorilla to thump it - if it opens = pass. Mine is even worse after service adjustment a few weeks ago. It also sticks shut in frosty weather and then if you leave it open overnight to charge, the locking pin socket fills up with snow, which then freezes solid and the door will not latch shut. I have fixed a small flap of rubber above the socket with double sided tape, which you bend back to shut the door but when down, prevents water and snow from entering the socket. All very Rube Goldberg/Heath Robinson but it works. The charge and fuel port doors are the sort of design one used to expect from British Leyland but it is very disappointing to find them on a Porsche. The water drain in the charge port is far too small and very easily becomes blocked with leaf debris, etc. You then have to use an air line to clear it.

Wilson
I had the same test done at my dealer and our had passed their test but still stuck. So I complained and they then replaced the entire unit and gave me a nice 911 to drive that day. This completely solves the problem of sticking and having to bang the door to open or closer it.
Of course, it does not solve the other issue Wilson mentions with snow etc.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:32 PM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Missing nice-to-have functions

A few things I would have liked to have seen in the hybrid

- a counter for the distance driven electric since last charge or at least for the day, not reset after some amount of time., as it currently is.
- the amount charged per charge and cumulative since last reset. It would allow monitoring the home charging costs.
- the instantaneous fuel consumption, not just average.
- something that would count the fuel you save when standing still at traffic lights or traffic jams, when driving in hybrid mode.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread