Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 03:29 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Don't you find that black leather upholstery gets painfully hot if left parked in the sun? Back in the mid 2000's, I had a Silver 996 Turbo which had black upholstery and the carbon interior kit/steering wheel. I have no garage at my south of France house and no matter where I park it next to trees, at some point it is going to get sun on the interior. I found it got hot enough to be painful if I got in wearing short trousers/pants. I used to have to drape a cloth over the black carbon steering wheel when parked, as it got hot enough to burn your hands.

Back in August 2017, when I originally ordered an e-Hybrid Sport Turismo and then discovered the magic moving delivery date, which ended up months beyond the date, when I had committed to pass on my 997 Turbo S to its new owner, I started to look at what might be available as ex-dealer demo Panameras, e-Hybrid, diesel or Turbo. In the UK over 90% of these demo cars had black upholstery, which from past experience in France, ruled them out for me. Ideally I would have like the chalk two tone interior but the cancelled order I came across at my dealer, with the brick red leather is OK in France, as long as I remember to shut the two roof blinds.

Wilson
I've not had too much problem with seats being too hot, and I supposed that the agate grey upholstery would be about the same as black in that regard. I won't get light-colored upholstery simply because it shows dirt too easily -- been there, done that. And living in New England, we don't have many hot months anyway to be concerned with; I might feel differently if I lived in Florida. It's presumably way better to have black upholstery in the winter, and given that our deep cold is much more uncomfortable than our summer heat, I'll opt for the darker interior every time.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:03 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Quick Question for current E-Hybrid owners:

How long does it actually take for your car to charge on 110v without the upgraded charger option (not that it makes a difference, but still)? I have a Cayenne Hybrid on the way and only a 110 outlet out front, and it would cost me ~$2k to install the upgraded outdoor outlet, and since I’m planning on rebuilding my home eventually, I want to see how well the 110 will do while I’m still home and where I plan to move during construction.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:20 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

It takes about 12 hours to fully charge my 2018 Pan4 E-H (same 14-kWh battery pack as the 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid) from scratch using my standard 110/120-volt outlet in my garage. For me, this is fine, as I just charge overnight, and in a year, I've rarely wished I could charge it faster. If I upgrade to a PHEV with a battery capacity twice as large, or a BEV with capacity several times larger, I might consider upgrading my garage to 240 volts, but for now it's not necessary. And I didn't order the optional onboard 7.2-kW charger, to cut down on the options costs in my special-order. I think you really need 240 volts to make the 7.2-kW charger practical.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:21 AM
ScreaM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K777
I agree with Johnny5alive

I opted for PDLS+ purely for looks and darker headlamps. Don't really use it.
4 zone is pointless unless you have kids or passengers in the back a lot. There's just two in my car mostly ( +the dog in the boot)

Sports exhaust, its definitely different to standard, I previously had a 2015 S E-hybrid, sports exhaust was first thing I ticked on the build.
I agree - not cheap but it puts more smiles on my face than anything else.

I have ambient colour changing, but again, once you set your colours, its not like you ever bother changing it - in hindsight I would swap this for heated steering wheel.
It was only ordered to make my car close cost to my biz partners car.

Power steering+ , not sure why you would need this unless for health reasons to park easier, and you will lose some driver feel.

Someone once pointed out "cost per use" to me ( actually not about cars), but on this car I considered it. - cost per use versus external looks and smiles on my face.
Ok I've nixed PDLS+, enough persuasion

I will keep 4-zone climate control with my 4-yo daughter will be in the back most of the time. Same reason for sunblind on rear side windows.

I added Black/Chalk full leather - really looks stunning! I have white leather in my current BMW for two years and it's holding well so far.

Ambient Lighting was done quite poorly in the Panamera in my opinion, but still plan to keep it for resale.

I will pass on the Sport Exhaust - it's a PHEV after all, and wife could care less. I will remember to tick it for my next P-car.

Removed Assistance Package and added ACC instead. Read mixed review on PID/LKA and I need to control the cost.

For 2019, I learned that the charging dock is now standard (no longer listed as option, checked with dealer).

Final build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKG8KKS0.

MSRP: $130800, managed to keep the first three digits under 130.

Will have a final round of negotiation with dealers then order goes in. Thanks everyone for providing your inputs!
Old 02-27-2019, 12:29 AM
ScreaM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ssiminou
Quick Question for current E-Hybrid owners:

How long does it actually take for your car to charge on 110v without the upgraded charger option (not that it makes a difference, but still)? I have a Cayenne Hybrid on the way and only a 110 outlet out front, and it would cost me ~$2k to install the upgraded outdoor outlet, and since I’m planning on rebuilding my home eventually, I want to see how well the 110 will do while I’m still home and where I plan to move during construction.
We currently have a 2016 X5 40e PHEV and only uses 110V for charging. Plan to do the same for the new Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. Charging is mostly done overnight at home so 110V is perfectly fine. Plus you can always install 240V charger later if it's truly necessary.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:45 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaM

I will keep 4-zone climate control with my 4-yo daughter will be in the back most of the time. Same reason for sunblind on rear side windows.
when my 10-yo daughter (then 9) found out about 4 zone it became a "requirement"
Old 02-27-2019, 05:29 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I added Black/Chalk full leather - really looks stunning! I have white leather in my current BMW for two years and it's holding well so far.

Ambient Lighting was done quite poorly in the Panamera in my opinion, but still plan to keep it for resale.

I will pass on the Sport Exhaust - it's a PHEV after all, and wife could care less. I will remember to tick it for my next P-car.

Removed Assistance Package and added ACC instead. Read mixed review on PID/LKA and I need to control the cost.

For 2019, I learned that the charging dock is now standard (no longer listed as option, checked with dealer).

Will have a final round of negotiation with dealers then order goes in. Thanks everyone for providing your inputs!
I also have a 4 year old and the thing that he loves is the rear seat entertainment. He does not use it for prime or netflix or youtube but mainly to open up the maps to give me "pseudo" directions :-) We have one kid so a full RSE is pointless - I took the preparation and had one screen retrofitted at time of the delivery. was over 1k cheaper than taking the complete factory options.

I have 2 friends who have PID on their Panamera ST - both regret taking it. So good call.

As for the sports exhaust - i thought the same like you (after 10k miles, 60% of it was done without sound) but i am going to fork out lots of money next week to have the sports exhaust retrofitted. Every time I heard the exhaust in the normal cold mode, I loved it and fancied hearing more of it especially the blub blub, so I am having it retrofitted.

I took pdls+ the looks because i wanted the black lights. If not, i would have taken the standard lighting. Living in the city, high end LEDs are pointless.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:01 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Galavanta
Don't forget about the Car Connect Climate Control, I use mine all the time but for the opposite reason, I'm in the snow in Canada and when we visit friends and have to park on the street there is nothing better than running the climate control app 1/2 hour before you leave and then jumping into a toasty warm car :-) I love that option.
Strangely I remember this when the car is cold but seem to forget to cool the car down when it is hot. As long as I remember to shut the blinds on the sun roofs, with the brick red upholstery, my Panamera does not get hot enough to be painful like the 996 TTS did.

Now that I have finally got my Morgan Three Wheeler back after a second total rebuild with a new replacement chassis (this time by the factory), I tend to use it for most of my shorter journeys in France. I am taking the Morgan up to the transport contractors in south London this afternoon, to go on a truck down to the south of France, ready for the summer. I wanted to get it our there before potential Brexit problems. I tried to register it in France a few years ago and the local taxation office took one look at it and fell about laughing. They had no idea how to deal with it - is it a car, a motor cycle or a motorcycle and sidecar?

Wilson
Old 02-27-2019, 07:52 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know what you think of the sports exhaust v standard. Is it worth £3k...? I would have got it from new but now I cannot justify £3k over actually anything else. If it is life changing...maybe it rises above "have a pond installed in the garden" on the list of priorities.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:15 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I would very much rather not have had the sports exhaust on mine. I felt it was £2500 thrown away and the options I would much rather have had would have been active cruise control, 4 wheel steering and a wiper for the rear screen.

Wilson
Old 02-27-2019, 08:32 AM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I was not aware that the charging dock is now standard. I will let my dealer know since I take delivery the week of March 17th on my MY19 E-Hybrid.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:00 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sports Exhaust is awesome... love it when I put it in sports mode.... slowly getting used to driving around without any sound on pure electric mode, but coming from a Maserati with its amazing exhaust tone, the PSE is great when ICE kicks in..
Old 02-27-2019, 08:31 PM
ScreaM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FriscoTexasGuy

I was not aware that the charging dock is now standard. I will let my dealer know since I take delivery the week of March 17th on my MY19 E-Hybrid.
I actually got that info from ParkPlace Dallas - was there last week. The MSRP of MY19 went up quite a bit, so it better includes more standard options.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:35 PM
ScreaM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rsyed
I also have a 4 year old and the thing that he loves is the rear seat entertainment. He does not use it for prime or netflix or youtube but mainly to open up the maps to give me "pseudo" directions :-) We have one kid so a full RSE is pointless - I took the preparation and had one screen retrofitted at time of the delivery. was over 1k cheaper than taking the complete factory options.

I have 2 friends who have PID on their Panamera ST - both regret taking it. So good call.

As for the sports exhaust - i thought the same like you (after 10k miles, 60% of it was done without sound) but i am going to fork out lots of money next week to have the sports exhaust retrofitted. Every time I heard the exhaust in the normal cold mode, I loved it and fancied hearing more of it especially the blub blub, so I am having it retrofitted.

I took pdls+ the looks because i wanted the black lights. If not, i would have taken the standard lighting. Living in the city, high end LEDs are pointless.
My daughter has her own iPad, I figure for the cost of PRSE we could get quite a few new iPads
Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 PM
ScreaM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bosch
The Sports Exhaust is awesome... love it when I put it in sports mode.... slowly getting used to driving around without any sound on pure electric mode, but coming from a Maserati with its amazing exhaust tone, the PSE is great when ICE kicks in..
I drive a BMW M550 which has the V8 growl that I like, but it's not loud. Current X5 40e has a 2.0L turbo which sounds horrible. When we test drove the Panamera I thought it sounds pretty good already. Much better sounding 6-cyl compared to BMW's I6.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread