Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote climate control timer

I have been having a hard time getting my car warmed up remotely. Most of the time the Car Connect/ Climate Control app on my phone works to warm up the car. But I have not yet been able to get the timer function to work on the app. I always get an error code. Anybody else out there having this problem?
Old 01-27-2019, 05:05 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Matril01
I have been having a hard time getting my car warmed up remotely. Most of the time the Car Connect/ Climate Control app on my phone works to warm up the car. But I have not yet been able to get the timer function to work on the app. I always get an error code. Anybody else out there having this problem?
I don't think the remote setting up of the charge timer from the phone app works. I have tried a few times, even sitting in the vehicle and it just doesn't work. I assume they got Microsoft to write the app.

Wilson
Old 01-27-2019, 07:07 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

So I don't use the remote warm up features at all because my car stays in the garage and it doesn't get that cold here. However I have found a problem using the Connect App's timer function to delay charging of the car if I try to invoke it while sitting in the car with my phone still connected to the internal PSM via Bluetooth. To solve this problem I turn off the bluetooth capability on my phone and switch to LTE. Once that is done, the timer delay function works perfectly. Perhaps that could be a solution for the warming function as well???
Old 01-28-2019, 04:30 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

I have just set the charge timer up on the PCM, which does work and is remembered. In the UK, there is a big difference between the cost of nighttime electricity and daytime, so I always charge during the cheap rate period, using the timer. In France there is nothing like the same difference, so I usually just press the charge now button after plugging in the charge cable. Also in the UK I am charging at the 7.2 kW/H rate, against just 3 kW/H rate in France.

Wilson
Old 01-28-2019, 04:54 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

deleted, read above timer post wrong.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:07 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

The waterproofing on the latch of the charge port door seems almost wholly ineffective. For the last few days we have had heavy rain or wet snow in the evening, followed by a hard frost (for the south of England) of -6º to -7º C during the night. This morning, I came out to find the charge plug frozen solid into the charge socket. With a bit of wiggling, I managed to break it free but the charge port door absolutely refused to latch shut. I sprayed a whole lot of windscreen defroster fluid in with no improvement and in the end had to get a hot air gun to defrost it, so that it would latch shut. This is far from the first time I have had this problem. There does seem to be a small spring loaded plunger/door, which shuts off the latch recess, when the door is open for charging but this must be almost wholly ineffective. Are others having this problem? I have already had to have the charge port and fuelling doors and latches replaced once, because of erratic operation and jamming shut, so I could neither charge nor refuel. For the moment, I have filled up the latch with WD40, in the faint hope that it will limit water ingress. My Panamera is going in next Monday to the local Porsche dealer, for the recall to update the steering software. I will mention the charge port problems to them - again!

Wilson
Old 01-30-2019, 12:14 PM
K777
Racer

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
The waterproofing on the latch of the charge port door seems almost wholly ineffective. For the last few days we have had heavy rain or wet snow in the evening, followed by a hard frost (for the south of England) of -6º to -7º C during the night. This morning, I came out to find the charge plug frozen solid into the charge socket. With a bit of wiggling, I managed to break it free but the charge port door absolutely refused to latch shut. I sprayed a whole lot of windscreen defroster fluid in with no improvement and in the end had to get a hot air gun to defrost it, so that it would latch shut. This is far from the first time I have had this problem. There does seem to be a small spring loaded plunger/door, which shuts off the latch recess, when the door is open for charging but this must be almost wholly ineffective. Are others having this problem? I have already had to have the charge port and fuelling doors and latches replaced once, because of erratic operation and jamming shut, so I could neither charge nor refuel. For the moment, I have filled up the latch with WD40, in the faint hope that it will limit water ingress. My Panamera is going in next Monday to the local Porsche dealer, for the recall to update the steering software. I will mention the charge port problems to them - again!

Wilson
Had same last year, ended up pouring luke warm water on the latch.

I think there's a mod for the door, maybe ask them about it when its in for the recall. I need to book my in for that too and will mention it. Seems to be more to do with the flap being a little proud of the panel when shut though from what I recall. I am sick of banging mine several times to make it shut, it must be comical to the neighbours.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:28 PM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by K777

I think there's a mod for the door, maybe ask them about it when its in for the recall. I need to book my in for that too and will mention it. Seems to be more to do with the flap being a little proud of the panel when shut though from what I recall. I am sick of banging mine several times to make it shut, it must be comical to the neighbours.
i went for the recall last Monday. They changed something about the latch/panel, it's a bit more flush with the body, but i still have to bang our press quite hard to open or close it.
Not very amusing indeed. Why is it so difficult to make it work just as with any other car? I have softclose on the doors and then I'm banging on the panel.
About the steering sw update, the only thing i noticed is that it felt that the feedback from the lane keep assist is not as strong as before. But it may be subjective.

Also the PDK update was done. The clunkiness when shifting down is now gone. Good!
And, the PASM update. Also here I seem to feel that in toughest suspension mode it is now less hard. Again, possibly subjective.
Then, the yellow warning sign for a car driving close in front of you now comes up frequently ( driving 50kmh at say 8 to 10m behind), whereas it hardly did before.
Also breaking pedal tactile response seems now more consistent than before. Before the feedback feeling in your foot depended a lot on the circumstance like emode or not, and speed... sometimes more spongy then more mechanical and other times more abrupt. An improvement now.

cheers
Old 01-30-2019, 03:46 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by pietpara
i went for the recall last Monday. They changed something about the latch/panel, it's a bit more flush with the body, but i still have to bang our press quite hard to open or close it.
Not very amusing indeed. Why is it so difficult to make it work just as with any other car? I have softclose on the doors and then I'm banging on the panel.
About the steering sw update, the only thing i noticed is that it felt that the feedback from the lane keep assist is not as strong as before. But it may be subjective.

Also the PDK update was done. The clunkiness when shifting down is now gone. Good!
And, the PASM update. Also here I seem to feel that in toughest suspension mode it is now less hard. Again, possibly subjective.
Then, the yellow warning sign for a car driving close in front of you now comes up frequently ( driving 50kmh at say 8 to 10m behind), whereas it hardly did before.
Also breaking pedal tactile response seems now more consistent than before. Before the feedback feeling in your foot depended a lot on the circumstance like emode or not, and speed... sometimes more spongy then more mechanical and other times more abrupt. An improvement now.

cheers
Yes, it would be nice if Porsche had a soft-close (automatic) door on the charge-port door. And they really should seal the compartment better so that water doesn't get in when it rains or when you wash your car; that's a real head-scratcher. I also have troubles sometimes opening it. I haven't noticed the same problem on the gas-port door, but then again I use it about 30-40 times less often than I use the charge-port door!

That's interesting about all the changes you've noticed after software updates. I'm due for another routine maintenance in a couple months, so will see what updates are done then. The gear shifting seemed to improve after my last routine maintenance/update.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:09 PM
Taxdr1965
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So the update helps the brakes?
Old 01-31-2019, 05:50 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Originally Posted by K777
That's brave with 400V DC on the socket!

Wilson
Old 01-31-2019, 11:52 AM
K777
Racer

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
That's brave with 400V DC on the socket!

Wilson
I had my wellies on.

Joking aside, obviously I was very careful, but needs must, didn't fancy getting a hair dryer, or driving down the street with people either pipping me or laughing at the flash w*****r that cant even close his flap.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:54 AM
K777
Racer

Originally Posted by pietpara

cheers
Yeah, interesting.
My list for Porsche to attend to has just grown - thanks for the reminder.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:08 AM
tp81
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Electric cable release button frozen solid this morning, standing pouring hot water onto the button just seems so wrong. Such a poor system, car goes in again on Monday to have the flap mechanism looked at. My car has been in once for the mechanism to be changed, a few days later same issue. I questioned Porsche and they said they had only adjusted the mechanism rather than replace it......it is procedure and their workshop manager felt it worked sufficiently well. Car then went in and this time they said it was replaced, looked exactly the same to me. It is now not working again hence going back in. Wish I had stuck with my M5 at times.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:12 AM
hull22
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the charge port cover supposed to be so difficult to close? I’ve struggling with this since I got my car last year. It always takes several attempts. Maybe I’m pushing on the wrong part to close it. I just thought it was a poor design issue. Should I be taking it to the dealer to address?

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread