Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 06:37 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DogWood
was this by the same people that told you they can't fix the PCM?

I have adaptive Cruise Control on my car, wasn't a feature I was originally looking for, but now that I have it I love it. all I need now is some radar guided missiles
No - the information on retrofitting the adaptive cruise control came from the excellent and knowledgeable service folk at my local dealer. The poor performance on the PCM software update comes from Porsche UK.

Wilson
Old 01-09-2019, 08:02 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by K777
Yeah nice, just like the demo one I had.

Its a shame that the US have to have the indicator/reflector in the bumper, the block of orange does spoil it a bit. (but only a tiny bit ! )

My painted side markers in volcano grey just arrived today to replace the orange indicators when my MY19 arrives in 3 weeks. Ordered online and you can PM if you have questions.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
No - the information on retrofitting the adaptive cruise control came from the excellent and knowledgeable service folk at my local dealer. The poor performance on the PCM software update comes from Porsche UK.

Wilson
Sorry Wilson, that was meant more as joke than a serious question, should have put a smiley face next to it.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:54 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FriscoTexasGuy
My painted side markers in volcano grey just arrived today to replace the orange indicators when my MY19 arrives in 3 weeks. Ordered online and you can PM if you have questions.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:16 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by pietpara
Btw, I do like the sports exhaust, especially in an indoor parking garage where the low ruffle sound is more pronounced with it on.
Also, the ACC ... hmmm... I still find it weird that it takes control when you don't expect it and starts breaking for cars in front way to far behind them even in shortest distance setting. If you want to push through traffic on fast lane by getting people to move to the slow lane, it doesn't help.
But I guess I still need to get used to it.
This is not what I find with my ACC at all. It is actually very sophisticated, and I'm very impressed. I vary the 5-graded distance frequently when in lots of traffic, but I'll keep the maximum distance when traffic is light. It's very relaxing to know it's working, and after a trip of thousands of miles of using ACC, it's actually very sobering to go back to driving in heavy traffic without ACC on. I have found that ACC gets a little over-anxious when in a sharp curve on multi-laned expressways, not sure sometimes what to do when it detects a car in the next lane over; and it also gets testy sometimes when somebody strays too close to the line (or crosses it briefly) in front of you. But over all, I'm very happy with my ACC and would never get another car without it.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Taxdr1965
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish my car had it. I would retrofit it if I could
Old 01-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Rupdog
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sottozero 2's and Spyder wheels came into dealer today and their collabs in rim painting and repair now replicating the gloss black with the diamond cut rim - can't wait to see these on the Cararra White car (and do a bit of skidding about in our falling temperatures!) Other tyres going to hotel with storage and 2 x annual swaps included... eventually decided that with vat and ct benefit on the spend it was decent value over the next 3 years. Also some guarantees buying via dealer etc

btw any UK folk with a SIM - look up SMARTY - January sale on LARGE DATA sim only £15 8GB 3g/4g with 2 months free - going to cancel my Plusnet, just not enough data for streaming - and will not out of principle be ripped off by Vodafone/VW Group!!
Old 01-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Rupdog
AutoX

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pietpara
I asked today at the Porsche centre what a complete set of winter tyres on 20" rims would cost.
In the Netherlands that would be €5.3k for the Panamera Turbo design with Michelin Pilot Alpin tyres.

The ones I like, however, are the platinum Panamera exclusive design and cost 7.6k.
per post ended up biting the bullet and getting new rims and tyres package - I think it's for the best, Went for RS Spyder design (I have Turbos) for a change - and having black gloss with diamond cut (which wasn't available on package) just like the factory model. Should be sweet! £4,600 and £380 for the rim prep. Pirelli's Sottozero fitted which are expensive by themselves. They review well.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:49 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
This is not what I find with my ACC at all. It is actually very sophisticated, and I'm very impressed. I vary the 5-graded distance frequently when in lots of traffic, but I'll keep the maximum distance when traffic is light. It's very relaxing to know it's working, and after a trip of thousands of miles of using ACC, it's actually very sobering to go back to driving in heavy traffic without ACC on. I have found that ACC gets a little over-anxious when in a sharp curve on multi-laned expressways, not sure sometimes what to do when it detects a car in the next lane over; and it also gets testy sometimes when somebody strays too close to the line (or crosses it briefly) in front of you. But over all, I'm very happy with my ACC and would never get another car without it.
It can also be fun when heading towards a roundabout - suddenly there is no car in front of you and it will accelerate, which can be real fun if you have the speed set fairly high :-)
Old 01-14-2019, 03:33 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Default Glovebox

I’ve got a question for the collective wisdom of the group. I’m getting into the weeds a little bit here but I would thought I would ask anyways. I’ve been chasing down a rattle in my new car. It seems to be coming from the front passenger side/glove compartment area. As I was taking a closer look this morning inside the glove box I noticed a couple things and I’m wondering what they are. The first item is a round **** inside the glove box. You are able to rotate the **** clockwise and counterclockwise and when you turn it, air flows...so it seems to be some sort of a vent like thing...I have no idea why there would be a vent inside the glovebox. The other item inside the glove box is a little bracket on the glove box door. it appears to be something to hold a pen or maybe a tire pressure gauge. The Porsche manual is silent on both these items... thus my questions. Thx in advance.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The vent is to allow A/C into the glove box. I guess it's to keep the manual fresh.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:57 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Matril01
I’ve got a question for the collective wisdom of the group. I’m getting into the weeds a little bit here but I would thought I would ask anyways. I’ve been chasing down a rattle in my new car. It seems to be coming from the front passenger side/glove compartment area. As I was taking a closer look this morning inside the glove box I noticed a couple things and I’m wondering what they are. The first item is a round **** inside the glove box. You are able to rotate the **** clockwise and counterclockwise and when you turn it, air flows...so it seems to be some sort of a vent like thing...I have no idea why there would be a vent inside the glovebox. The other item inside the glove box is a little bracket on the glove box door. it appears to be something to hold a pen or maybe a tire pressure gauge. The Porsche manual is silent on both these items... thus my questions. Thx in advance.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...r-Conditioning
Old 01-15-2019, 06:06 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
The vent is to allow A/C into the glove box. I guess it's to keep the manual fresh.
Given the proportion of space in the glovebox, the manual occupies, it might have been an idea to have put a compartment for the manual in the side walls of the luggage area. If I have all the supplied manuals in the leather folder, including the list of Porsche dealers in everywhere from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, I cannot even close the glovebox door. It would be nice to have enough space to use the cooled compartment for the purpose for which it was designed.

Wilson
Old 01-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Default Electric Milage

I’ve got a question for the group about what sort of mileage they’re getting on battery only. I drove from my house to the airport today on battery only. On a. lmost exclusively highway, the distance was 13 miles with no traffic, speed was around 60mph. The air temperature here in Chicago was approximately 25°F. When I left the house, I had a full charge. I can’t say it was at 100% because my indicator never seems to reach maximum full but it was pretty close. When I arrived at the airport 13 miles later my battery was totally discharged. I’m pretty disappointed about this. I’m hopeful that the cold air temperature is playing a big role, but this is obviously no where near the advertised 30 miles per charge. My car is 1 month old with 600 miles on it. Maybe I’ve got a bad battery? Not sure.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:59 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

just managed the other day :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread