Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsyed

have you saved your settings once you ticked the checkbox (by pressing the set key and then the key button)?

i just tried what you suggested and it worked as you pointed out. Seems silly that Porsche makes you do this extra step when it’s an option in the menu...but whatvever, mission accomplished. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:07 PM
BC Eddie
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Matril01

i just tried what you suggested and it worked as you pointed out. Seems silly that Porsche makes you do this extra step when it’s an option in the menu...but whatvever, mission accomplished. Thank you.
I think the point is to allow two different drivers (i.e., two different keys) to save a different selection of presets..
Old 12-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Default Toll Pass Transponder Mounting

I’m curious if anyone has tried to mount their toll pass transponder in a less conspicuous spot than inside top of the windshield for internal transponders or screwed onto the front license plate for external transponders? It would be nice to somehow mount it inside the engine bay someplace...maybe on the inside of the grill. I currently have mine screwed onto the front license plate (I live in Illinois where front plates are required)...and I think it adversely affects the beauty of the nose of the car.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:16 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know what is symbol is suppose to be? Never seen this before. It's a symbol with a fan and wiggly lines. Drove the car like normal on e-mode.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:35 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Rysed is correct. Once you have all your settings the way you want them (including having the mirrors fold in on locking) you do need to push the Set button and the Key button before you turn off the car.
Agreed! Porsche has trained me to do this every time I fiddle with a setting.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:32 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Originally Posted by bosch
Anyone know what is symbol is suppose to be? Never seen this before. It's a symbol with a fan and wiggly lines. Drove the car like normal on e-mode.
My guess is that it's indicating the fan is still on to help cool down the car after you turn it off. I added this "turbo timer" feature on my Stealth years ago... Damn, verifying this in the online manual is a pain!
Old 12-12-2018, 05:27 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MKC91
My guess is that it's indicating the fan is still on to help cool down the car after you turn it off. I added this "turbo timer" feature on my Stealth years ago... Damn, verifying this in the online manual is a pain!
I was still driving when this symbol showed up, so it's not cooling down the car. I read that it's indicating an auxiliary heater kicking in to heat up the cabin as there is no engine heat to heat up the air coming in. Makes sense since it's cold out and I was driving in e-mode...
Old 12-12-2018, 05:27 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by Bladerunner1963
I got an average of 28 mpg on my recent trip. It was very mixed driving conditions, and there were times I used e-charge to give the battery some range.

To me, the car seems to operate better when it has sufficient battery for at least a few miles range. It’s smoother off the line and much more responsive. Given this, I used e-hold quite a bit on the trip. As hybrid auto allowed the battery to deplete, I engaged e-hold to keep the charge at about 5 miles range. Once I got into town centers, this was perfect because I could operate on EV mode, then e-charge the battery back up to that range while back on the highway.

It’s really a good bit of fun experimenting with all the options we have in this car. I dont use sport of sport plus as much yet. But I always drive with the car in lowered suspension.
In the spring I plan on driving a tank of gas each in Hybrid, Sport and Sport Plus modes just to see what kind of mileage I would get as my driving habits are quite fixed.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:07 PM
MKC91
Instructor

I LOVE learning new things about this car! :-)
Old 12-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bosch
I was still driving when this symbol showed up, so it's not cooling down the car. I read that it's indicating an auxiliary heater kicking in to heat up the cabin as there is no engine heat to heat up the air coming in. Makes sense since it's cold out and I was driving in e-mode...
I think I can confirm this. I did an experiment and started the Preheat function from my phone's Porsche Connect App. When I went out to the car, the same symbol was on my dashboard, but in a different spot. It was in the lower left of the instrument panel. The car was not running, but the heat was turned on. When I turned the preheat off on the App, the heat turned off and the symbol went away. Attached is a picture, but it is not very clear, my apologies. Nice observation, Bosch. Never noticed until you pointed it out. (having problems getting picture to attach...…)
Old 12-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 12-13-2018, 04:27 AM
Bladerunner1963
AutoX

So true. I love that we have so many options. The car is so flexible. In the past week I've learned how to balance EV and Auto Hybrid modes to maximize my MPG. I've started using sport mode for more spirited driving when I am less concerned about consumption. All great fun.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:01 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

The Porsche Smart Mobility Connect people in Europe need to sharpen up their act - a lot! I have now finished my free year of the data service. I decided after some thought, that I would renew the 7GB/month data package, although the per/GB price is extremely expensive compared with what mobile phone operators charge (over double). However my MasterCharge card expired at the renewal date for the data service. Because the new card has the same 16 digit number but a different expiry date and CCV, this appears to have totally baffled their system and is rejected. I have now been trying to get them to sort out, what they admit is an internal problem, since mid-November and it still does not work. They never contact me back to let me know what is happening, I always have to phone them and every time I phone them I have to go through the lengthy explanation of the problem, only to be told there is no progress. Meanwhile I have no data service. They seem to have no method of switching back on my data service, while they sort out their payment systems (or more likely cannot be bothered). In addition, there is no means of deleting expired or cancelled payment methods, so expired, cancelled or changed cards remain on their system, it appears, for ever. If you had a card cancelled because of fraud/misuse/cloning, this would be a risk for the customer, for this to be stored on their system and they must implement a way of deleting previous payment methods.

Someone higher up at Porsche needs to get in to their Berlin HQ and kick some butt. Disgraceful service that would not be acceptable on a low end Kia, let alone an expensive Porsche.

Wilson
Old 12-14-2018, 10:09 AM
griffith_500
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear that, but why wouldn‘t you just buy a cheap data SIM card and use that instead instead of paying for an overpriced service? My mobile contract allows me to get additional SIM cards at no cost so I‘m using one of these since day one.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:07 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by griffith_500
Sorry to hear that, but why wouldn‘t you just buy a cheap data SIM card and use that instead instead of paying for an overpriced service? My mobile contract allows me to get additional SIM cards at no cost so I‘m using one of these since day one.
On UK cars, I don't think you can get at the built in SIM to change it for your own one or I would do that. I will ask my dealer if he will let me know where the SIM is, maybe behind a panel, so that I can get at it and change it.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread