Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 02:22 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I understand the need for fast charging in all-electric vehicles with large batteries: it solves the problem of long-distance travel. However, I do not understand what problem would be solved by having fast charging for a plug-in hybrid that only gets 25-30 miles per charge anyway. It might be convenient now and then, but it would add cost and complexity. What's the case for it?
Old 08-17-2018, 04:45 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
Sorry never saw this, did you figure it out? Can post a pic after work if you need it.
I haven't figure it out besides one fuse which blew and needed to be replace when I placed too much load on the 12v power outlet... A picture would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:42 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
I understand the need for fast charging in all-electric vehicles with large batteries: it solves the problem of long-distance travel. However, I do not understand what problem would be solved by having fast charging for a plug-in hybrid that only gets 25-30 miles per charge anyway. It might be convenient now and then, but it would add cost and complexity. What's the case for it?
As you say, it would be convenient to top up the battery when you stop at a Autobahn service station for fuel/comfort break/coffee etc. Given that Porsche and its collaborators are going to the trouble and expense of putting in these ultra fast charging stations, it would seem a bit stilly if we cannot take advantage of them.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sriklin- this is a beautiful car. I’m wondering what the outside and inside colors are ( it’s tough to tell on my iPad). Thx!
Old 08-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Can you please tell us the outside and inside colors? I love it!

Last edited by Matril01; 08-21-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Repeat
Old 08-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Matril01
Track Day

KW411- How do you like Saddle Brown/Luxor Beige Leather interior? Specifically, the Luxor beige? I'm about to place my order for a night blue Pan 4 E and am seriously considering Saddle Brown/Luxor Beige Leather...my issue is the Luxor Beige seems a bit too taupe...and not enough tan/ brown. Any thoughts or pix you might share with me would be appreciated. Thx!
Old 08-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Has anyone found a way to have the headlights come on as a default, with the ignition. I am going to Croatia and Bosnia soon, where use of dipped headlights is compulsory, day and night. On my 997 TT, which did not have daylight running lights, you could select on the PCM: Headlights always on, which I did. I am sure there must be a way of doing this on the Panamera but a good look through the manual, has not found it. Apparently you will be stopped by the police in Croatia or Bosnia, if you are not showing dipped headlights. Usually you will be given a gentle reminder but if you meet a policeman in a bad temper, he can fine you on the spot. Sooner or later I would forget to manually select headlights on with the lighting panel.

BTW it has proved impossible to get short term insurance cover for Bosnia-Herzogovina, which is not a member of the EU. The one people who told me two months ago that they could do it are Balkans Insurance (part of The Herts insurance group) but told me to phone back not more than a month before I needed it. Today they tell me they will not cover Porsches or in fact any high value vehicle. You can buy a green card at some border crossings, but in a perfect example of sod's law, not the one at Neum on the main Split to Dubrovnik road. I have therefore had to book another ferry to take me down to a the Pelješac Peninsula, which avoids the corridor of Bosnia between Split, where my ferry from Ancona arrives to Dubrovnik, where I am meeting my wife who has been on a cycling tour.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:46 AM
ReinoudW
8th Gear

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum. I am driving a Panamera S E-Hybrid currently and just this week ordered my new Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo. As most people here I gave a lot of thought on the specs of the car, this is what I ended up choosing:

Volcano Grey Metallic

Standard Interior in Black/Luxorbeige
Model Designation Painted (black)
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
20" Panamera Turbo Wheels
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Panorama Roof
Thermal and Noise Insulated Glass

Window Trim in Silver (High Gloss)
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Power Steering Plus
Burmester 3D High-End Surround Sound System
Old 08-24-2018, 07:14 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Matril01
KW411- How do you like Saddle Brown/Luxor Beige Leather interior? Specifically, the Luxor beige? I'm about to place my order for a night blue Pan 4 E and am seriously considering Saddle Brown/Luxor Beige Leather...my issue is the Luxor Beige seems a bit too taupe...and not enough tan/ brown. Any thoughts or pix you might share with me would be appreciated. Thx!
Ha! I got a little bit of all your exterior/interior choices in my driveway but none exactly the way you want it, lol. My 991 C2S Cabrio is Dark Blue Metallic, the Cayenne Diesel's interior is a Luxor Beige/Black and the Panny E-H ST's interior is a Saddle Brown/Black. Dunno if it would help you but here are my interiors:

I included the pic for my 991 because I don't like to mix cool color exteriors (blue, silver, grey, etc.) with a warm color interior. Plenty of people do it... I've had beige/black in the configurator contemplating it before I placed my order, but just decided it wasn't for me. So I went with a grey/black with the DBM exterior.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:22 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bosch
I haven't figure it out besides one fuse which blew and needed to be replace when I placed too much load on the 12v power outlet... A picture would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have the thinkware f770. So the hardwire goes to the opposite side for power thats always on and the passenger side has the ignition on fuses. If I remember right, I added that fuse there cause it was unused. No problems in 4 months
Old 08-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Anyone heard anything about a forthcoming recall, apparently to seal or remove cadmium, which is a potential carcinogen. This may only apply to German resident vehicles but it is currently being discussed with authorities in various countries. It would apply to all VW Group EV and PHEV vehicles. Given that my electric toothbrush, which I have used for years, contains a NiCad battery, which I put in my mouth a number of times a day, unlike any of the parts from my Panamera Hybrid, I am somewhat surprised I am not already dead. I also spent close to 50 years building racing and rally cars, using cadmium plated aircraft bolts and nuts and nobody has ever warned me about those.

Wilson
Old 08-27-2018, 05:50 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
I have the thinkware f770. So the hardwire goes to the opposite side for power thats always on and the passenger side has the ignition on fuses. If I remember right, I added that fuse there cause it was unused. No problems in 4 months
Thanks for the picture and help.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Ha! I got a little bit of all your exterior/interior choices in my driveway but none exactly the way you want it, lol. My 991 C2S Cabrio is Dark Blue Metallic, the Cayenne Diesel's interior is a Luxor Beige/Black and the Panny E-H ST's interior is a Saddle Brown/Black. Dunno if it would help you but here are my interiors:

I included the pic for my 991 because I don't like to mix cool color exteriors (blue, silver, grey, etc.) with a warm color interior. Plenty of people do it... I've had beige/black in the configurator contemplating it before I placed my order, but just decided it wasn't for me. So I went with a grey/black with the DBM exterior.
Thanks for the pictures...your cars look awesome! I placed the order today...ended up going with an Agate grey interior. My last/ current car is two tone brown, so I’m trying something different this time. Now the wait begins...hopefully sometime late November.

Last edited by Matril01; 08-27-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Additional comments.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:37 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

Sorry for the delay in replying, as I have been on holiday.

My Panamera is Night Blue, with the Black and Chalk interior. I have the satin platinum 21" wheels. I also opted for the black calipers. It gets lots of attention wherever I take it.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:21 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I just posted a report of my cross-country USA trip in my 2018 Sport Turismo as a new thread at https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...l#post15276301

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread