Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 11:21 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, Mutiny. I figured they would have to go Diagonal. Glad to know I will not have to put the back seat down. I can fit my bag in my Audi A6 diagonally only and I think the Panamera measures about the same as the Audi. Now if I can only learn how to use the clubs in the bag....
Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
Thanks, Mutiny. I figured they would have to go Diagonal. Glad to know I will not have to put the back seat down. I can fit my bag in my Audi A6 diagonally only and I think the Panamera measures about the same as the Audi. Now if I can only learn how to use the clubs in the bag....
I store my clubs at my CC. However, I did take them down to LA when I went to pick up my car and thus I drove back with them in the car. Because I also had some baggage, I did put the back seats down. If I remove the driver, three wood, and 3 Hybrid, the clubs will fit diagonally and then I just lay the removed clubs over the bag. Not sure I could fit two bags in without putting down at least one of the rear seats or at a minimum removing the rear cover.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:10 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

I've been keeping track to try to estimate how much energy it takes to do a full charge with the 240V outlet. I checked the meter reading last night just before I plugged in the car and again this morning when I unplugged it. We had the TV on for a few hours after connecting the car and my wife runs an air purifier in our bedroom at night so some impact from those two items. Anyway, the meter increased overnight by about 15 kWh. My "off peak" rate at night is $.32/kWh so that works out to $4.80 to go 23 miles. The reality in my particular case is it costs me nothing to charge up the car because my solar panels are consistently generating more power than we consume and thus my electricity bill is only about $120/year (PG&E charges a fixed $10 per month). Without solar panels I'm not sure given the above it makes sense to have a plug in hybrid.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:15 PM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked out mine to be about 30 pence/50 cents an hour. X6 is 1.80/3 dollars. Shouldn't take the full 6 hours so would anticipate less.
​​​
Old 05-10-2018, 02:11 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I've been keeping track to try to estimate how much energy it takes to do a full charge with the 240V outlet. I checked the meter reading last night just before I plugged in the car and again this morning when I unplugged it. We had the TV on for a few hours after connecting the car and my wife runs an air purifier in our bedroom at night so some impact from those two items. Anyway, the meter increased overnight by about 15 kWh. My "off peak" rate at night is $.32/kWh so that works out to $4.80 to go 23 miles. The reality in my particular case is it costs me nothing to charge up the car because my solar panels are consistently generating more power than we consume and thus my electricity bill is only about $120/year (PG&E charges a fixed $10 per month). Without solar panels I'm not sure given the above it makes sense to have a plug in hybrid.
For me here in Beverly Hills, it’s $.13/kWh so I’m sure that justifies having a hybrid. Maybe there is a lower rate if you have an electric car?
Old 05-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my area, Pittsburgh, PA, I am paying between $.06 and $.07 per kWh. I look forward to the savings...
Old 05-10-2018, 03:11 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Default Check Engine Light Just Came On!!

Originally Posted by rklann
I am also having the same issue with the "Check Engine" light. It has been two weeks since I pick up my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and the issue with the check engine light staying on happened yesterday. This appears to be more than just an isolated issue. I will contact the dealership on Monday and keep you all informed.
So my Check Engine Light just came on this morning and is staying on. Has anyone figured out what is causing this? I have a call into the dealer to bring it in. I will try removing the gas cap and putting it back on again.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am moving to a new office building. I have asked for a plug for my parking space. It so happens there is a 14-50R plug next to the parking spot they will give me. In any case, did anybody buy a charging station to be used with their Panamera that they can recommend. My goal is to charge it at work and at home. My office will only be 5 miles away from home. I would like the charging station to be able to be fully covered and locked so other tenants insist I give up my parking spot in the future.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:14 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

So my Check Engine Light just came on this morning and is staying on. Has anyone figured out what is causing this? I have a call into the dealer to bring it in. I will try removing the gas cap and putting it back on again.
Just opened the gas cap and put it back on and the Check Engine Light is still on. Has anyone yet figured this out???
Old 05-10-2018, 03:28 PM
mutiny22183
Intermediate

Where do you live with an off peak rate at $0.32/kwh?! Also, you were pretty close with the battery charge, the battery capacity is 14 kWh. Where I live (Chicago) off-peak is about $0.05 cents/kwh.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Just opened the gas cap and put it back on and the Check Engine Light is still on. Has anyone yet figured this out???
So I was just getting ready to take the car over to the dealer and lo and behold when I turned the key on the check engine light is now off. The only thing I did earlier was open the gas cap and put it back on but that didn't help immediately so now I have no idea why the light just went off??? But I'm glad it did.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:28 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by mutiny22183
Where do you live with an off peak rate at $0.32/kwh?! Also, you were pretty close with the battery charge, the battery capacity is 14 kWh. Where I live (Chicago) off-peak is about $0.05 cents/kwh.
I live in Saratoga which is a suburb of San Jose. The PG&E rate schedule for solar users is called E-TOU A and is a mandatory rate plan for residential solar panel installations. The "Peak Rate" for that plan is $0.39479/kWh (3:00 - 8:00 pm M-F) and "Off Peak" is $0.31921/kWh (all other times). There is a baseline credit of approximately $.09/kWh so the effective rates are $.30/kWh for "Peak" and $.23/kWh for "Off Peak". If you buy a plug in hybrid you can switch to the EV rates. I was going to make the switch but the solar expert at PG&E advised me to stay with the E-TOU A rate for a month and see what happens since I am over producing. If I switch to the EV rates then my Summer "Peak" rate would be $0.45389/kWh (2:00 pm - 9:00 pm M-F and 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm Weekends and Holidays); the "Part-Peak" rate would be $0.24986/kWh (7:00 am - 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm Monday through Friday, except Holidays). All other times are "Off Peak with a rate of $0.12225/kWh. The EV rates do not get the $.09 baseline credit. Not sure it really matters which way I go as PG&E doesn't really pay you for over producing. Anyone in the Bay Area have an opinion??
Old 05-10-2018, 10:04 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Default Garage Door Opener - HomeLink

I have tried everything but I can't even get started on linking my garage door opener to the car. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with Homelink support. I gave them the model number of my Chamberlain Lift Master garage door opener and the model number of my "clicker". I also watched the Ocala Porsche video but my problem is I can't even get the blinking orange light to turn green at the beginning of the process. I press the clicker button after telling the "wizard" I want to program button 1 and hold it pointed at the overhead console and finally the system just times out and says failure to connect. I tried using other buttons on the console and on the "clicker" and even tried my other "clicker" with no success. The Homelink person suggested I try installing brand new batteries in the "clicker" so I will give that a try tomorrow. I am going to go the dealer next week anyway so hopefully they can figure something out. Any advice based on your experience will be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:57 PM
mutiny22183
Intermediate

I have tried everything but I can't even get started on linking my garage door opener to the car. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with Homelink support. I gave them the model number of my Chamberlain Lift Master garage door opener and the model number of my "clicker". I also watched the Ocala Porsche video but my problem is I can't even get the blinking orange light to turn green at the beginning of the process. I press the clicker button after telling the "wizard" I want to program button 1 and hold it pointed at the overhead console and finally the system just times out and says failure to connect. I tried using other buttons on the console and on the "clicker" and even tried my other "clicker" with no success. The Homelink person suggested I try installing brand new batteries in the "clicker" so I will give that a try tomorrow. I am going to go the dealer next week anyway so hopefully they can figure something out. Any advice based on your experience will be appreciated.
i had the same problem, took it to the dealer and they couldn’t figure it out. I asked the service advisor to check the technical bulletin and they found a known issue with homelink and LCA (lane change assist) signal interference. The fix is to pull the fuse for LCA, program the garage door opener (it should work with the LCA fuse pulled), put the LCA fuse back, and you should be good to go.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:18 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

So I was just getting ready to take the car over to the dealer and lo and behold when I turned the key on the check engine light is now off. The only thing I did earlier was open the gas cap and put it back on but that didn't help immediately so now I have no idea why the light just went off??? But I'm glad it did.
Please keep us in the loop if it comes on again. My E-Hybrid is due to arrive in two weeks, and I'm getting nervous reading all this "check engine light" business posted by so many new owners.
Nobody needs or wants that kind of aggravation in the first few weeks of getting the car, and I hope a fix comes quickly from Porsche. I'm guessing that this is an E-Hybrid problem that doesn't surface in ICE-only Panameras? I wonder if it has to do with the engine turning on and off frequently.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread