Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 07:40 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't know if it is out yet but there is a software update due, which amongst other things, corrects the main digital speedometer, which does not change to KPH when you change the units on the PCM to KM. Obviously important for those in the USA who travel to Canada or if you are really brave, to Mexico. This was apparently an oversight/error by Porsche for MPH standard cars in the USA and UK. The analogue speedometer is a useless ornament and could have been dispensed with for some more useful display.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:09 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
I don't know if it is out yet but there is a software update due, which amongst other things, corrects the main digital speedometer, which does not change to KPH when you change the units on the PCM to KM. Obviously important for those in the USA who travel to Canada or if you are really brave, to Mexico. This was apparently an oversight/error by Porsche for MPH standard cars in the USA and UK. The analogue speedometer is a useless ornament and could have been dispensed with for some more useful display.
Exactly! As I think I've said before, I wish that they copied the instrument circle to the right of the tachometer to the instrument circle to the left -- so that you could have two right-circle windows open simultaneously on either side of the tachometer. It would be nice to see trip range or engine temp or gas-tank level or motor-battery level to the left when you are using the right side for the map or night vision or some other function. They have heaped too many things on the right side of the tach and left too few options on the left side.

Last edited by cometguy; 04-29-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:11 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Saratoga, when you were using Sport Plus to charge the batteries back to full, approximately how long did that take, in miles or minutes?
Old 04-29-2018, 11:30 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I tried charging in Sport mode (not Sport Plus) when driving down to the south of France two weeks ago. It charged at approximately 1 km added to range for every 10-12 minutes, so not fast. Now there were loads of gendarmes around with cameras, so I was setting my cruise control only to 140kph (about 138 true), which you will get away with and at that speed the engine in 8th gear is not turning over very fast. Does sport plus lock out 8th gear, as if so, that might boost the charge rate a bit?
Old 04-29-2018, 02:24 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Saratoga, when you were using Sport Plus to charge the batteries back to full, approximately how long did that take, in miles or minutes?
I'm not really sure how long it took. Initially it started out pretty slow and then seemed to increase a little faster. Definitely took about a half hour to 45 minutes to get back up to 22 miles. When I was at the LA Driving Experience my instructor told me the car always keeps a reserve of battery power for the rapid acceleration or hard driving where the car needs both the batteries and the gas engine. Not sure how many miles that translates to?? When I get the car back from the detailer in about a week I will do some experiments while driving at more reasonable speeds. From my limited research I believe you can get the maximum electric mileage driving the same as you would with a gas engine trying to maximize the mpg. 55-60 on the highways and minimize acceleration around town. Then I may be able to see 30 miles but no way driving at 85 mph.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:51 PM
soCali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my car on friday, 165 miles so far and am in absolute LOVE. Its everything i wanted and more. And its beautiful. So many compliments so far.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:10 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

What do you guys think of this spec?: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJUW7573

Keep in mind I never use cruise control (I know I should), or any of the other 'safety features', like LKA. The plastic on Porsches really bothers me, so I try to get rid of much of it as possible.

Below is a picture of what the deviated leather center seats I optioned might look like..

Old 04-29-2018, 08:08 PM
ftrengineer82
5th Gear

Originally Posted by soCali

Got my car on friday, 165 miles so far and am in absolute LOVE. Its everything i wanted and more. And its beautiful. So many compliments so far.
First post from a long time lurker. I have a virtually identical external build coming in July and I just had to say that this looks incredible and I'm glad that you are enjoying it. The wait is killing me, and my wife will definitely be sick and tired about hearing more about this car.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:40 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by soCali

Beautiful!!! Really like that electric blue color. With my aggressive driving that would get me too many tickets!! Enjoy!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:51 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by ssiminou
What do you guys think of this spec?: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJUW7573

Keep in mind I never use cruise control (I know I should), or any of the other 'safety features', like LKA. The plastic on Porsches really bothers me, so I try to get rid of much of it as possible.

Below is a picture of what the deviated leather center seats I optioned might look like..

Wow!! That deviated leather looks really fantastic! I don't remember seeing that option when I ordered my car. Also some other features on your build are different from when I ordered mine as well (e.g. the four zone climate control and cooled rear seats are included in your Premium Plus Package where on mine they had to be ordered separately. I like the Dolomite Silver and it appears to work well with the Hybrid green calipers. I opted for the black calipers as I didn't like the look with the Chalk paint. I think you have a good build but I would recommend you get the Adaptive Cruise Control even if you don't think you will use it. It is really quite good especially when you are in very slow moving traffic. Also I think it will be a negative if you don't have it when/if you sell or trade in the car as almost all cars (even the low priced ones) have it. Just my two cents worth.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:42 AM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Black and Maroon interior looks very classy, yet sporty. If they had black and maybe blue/Navy, or black and Chauk, I would consider that next time.

For all that haven't ordered yet, please choose the 25 foot cable for your charger. Its free and my salesperson didn't choose it. Also, I don't have voice activation which is also a free option. Uggh on these freebies I didn't get. My charging cable is too short and if your order one online, it looks like its over $500.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:54 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Big Ben, why don't you call Porsche and ask them to give you a free cable? Since it's now a free option, they might give it to you. For voice activation, I'm not sure if it's just software, or you have to have a different Signal Stock with the Voice Control button on the end.

I just wish Porsche would offer a rear painted diffuser option; it looks so much better when the rear is painted and not in plastic, but 6k for the full sport design pack is a lot.

I think the regular red/black interior features too much red, and even though it'll be a lot cheaper to get, the deviated red leather with those black streaks in them should look really nice and unique. I'll then set the ambient lighting to red to match Do you guys think I should add the Porsche Crest or Model Name on the front console too?

Just to confirm, does the car come with a charger that can plug into a regular US 110 outlet? I plan to use the 110 near my sprinkler system and have the upgraded charger cut the time in half (to 6 hours, which is how long I think it goes down to)

Here's a render of the deviated leather in the back seats:
Old 04-30-2018, 04:55 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red and black ok with a complimentary outside colour but not the wood...
Old 04-30-2018, 06:50 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sriklin
Make sure and check out your GPS fully before you take delivery. Porsche is having MAJOR issues with its new GPS modules and antenna for the 2018 Panamera. When I picked up my 2018 e-hybrid Panamera, the GPS showed the car was still in Germany rather than Houston, Texas. After a bit of driving during the first training session, the GPS found its way to Houston, but was off by several miles. The car spent two days in the shop the second week I had it to fix this. It was determined that the GPS module, antenna or both were defective, and parts were ordered. In fact, both of the first two 2018 e-hybrid Panameras that the dealer delivered had similar GPS issues, so parts were ordered for both. The parts came in on 4/23, and the dealership is installing them. This is a Major issue, as there are several functionalities that feed off of the GPS. If the GPS is inop, you loose all.
UPDATE: I just hung up with my service rep, who is known to be the best in Houston. He is very frustrated as the new module shipped in to replace the original defective module will not program. He has ordered a second replacement GPS module. Normally, Porsche will give him and expected ETA on the part, but not now. I have not had my 2018 e-hybrid Panamera for a month yet, and it is still not right. This is a major failure for Porsche.
Over 3 months without my GPS and still waiting for an antenna, latest news is they have arrived at Porsche AG but waiting testing before releasing - not hopeful as I know they have rejected at least 2 batches previously.

Currently I am in Leeds UK, yet GPS is now showing me in France after driving across the Channel. - Discovered when my clock changed time zones and my headlights automatically swapped to left hand drive ( which I then manually changed back)

Only my GPS / Satnav isn't working - what other functions are you saying don't work ? I don't seem to have lost anything else.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:01 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So yours also not working without Google maps being used? Porsche Reading said to try this and see if it makes a difference so they can try and isolate the cause. As per GPS thread, I had mine replaced but it is much WORSE than it was before - not occasionally losing but now completely. Will be back in for the third time soon.

Very very tiresome - please keep us in the loop so we can share the solution, more information on here than most of the dealers seem to be aware of.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread