Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 02:05 PM
KW411
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tp81

I consider ambient lighting is nice to have, but not a must. I have it on my other car, but only "play" with it once in the last 3 years......
Old 01-11-2018, 06:05 PM
tp81
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

KW thanks for the feedback. I have it on my M5 and it’s very subtle but does lift the cabin. Hopefully it is similar in the panamera.

On another issue, the Burmeister system is getting quite a lot of print space in magazines. I am really looking forward to this in my car but the configurator does say it compromises boot space. I can only assume this is due to the subwoofer in the boot. Speaking with my OPC they haven’t been able to say or tell my how much is lost. They haven’t delivered a hybrid with the system only std cars.

Does anyone on here have this on their car and can let me know how the boot is or better still take a picture ?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-11-2018, 06:19 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by porches
Our PCNA rep brought a Panamera 4 E-Hybrid to my dealership yesterday to give us all a demo, and although I've already been to the training class in Atlanta, we didn't get to do drive them. Wow is all I have to say. I've never stayed so planted through a turn in a Panamera before, and that launch control is a completely different experience. To anyone waiting on your cars, they'll 100% be worth the wait.
Are you a dealer? How does it compare with the 4S? I have driven the 4S but I didn't like the slight turbo lag in normal driving. I'm hoping the 4 E-Hybrid will have absolutely no turbo lag as the electric power should be instantaneous, correct?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spent about 5 hours with the dealer yesterday and reviewed everything I had questions and concerns about. I found the following:
Standard door sills are not illuminated.
Saw tinted and not tinted tail lights and decided with my Volcano Gray color I liked them tinted.
Listened to the Burmester system first and was WOWED by it. (Used to the Bose in my Audi) Then I listened to the Bose and was impressed with it, but could hear a difference between it and the Burmester.
Discussed the thermally and noise insulated glass. Dealer confirmed a reduction in Cell phone reception with this option. I was told that a signal booster was installed but the phone had to be set in a particular area in the center console. Not sure how true that is. There is supposed to be an area by the rear view mirror for EZ Pass. I did not see a model with tis option to give it a thorough evaluation.
I drove a 4S with the Sport Exhaust. I was expecting less but was impressed with what I heard. There was a significant difference and it can be turned off and on at the touch of a button (on the screen). More noticeable on the open road on acceleration and on downshifting.
I was wondering what the cost of the Rear Seat Entertainment was if completed later and the Preparation was installed at factory. The difference between the total package and the preparation was $2,200. The cost for one screen purchased after the fact was $2,100. Two screens would be $4,200 and probably a cost to install them.
I was led to believe the PDCC and the PTV is not offered on the E-Hybrid.
With all this new information and reviewing colors, here is the build I am most likely going to go with. Comments appreciated.
Volcano Grey Metallic Leather Interior in Black/Saddle Brown 21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels Assistance Package Night Vision Assist Lane Keep Assist (LKA) incl. Speed Limit IndicatorPorsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)Premium Package Plus LED-Matrix Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)Comfort Access Soft Close Doors Q2J Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package4-zone Climate Control Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Seat Ventilation (Front and Rear)Lane Change Assist (LCA) Burmester® 3D High-End Surround Sound SystemSportDesign Package Porsche Exclusive ManufakturTinted LED Taillights Porsche Exclusive ManufakturParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround ViewRear wiper Window Trim in Silver (High-Gloss) 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) Rear Axle Steering i.c.w. Power Steering PlusSport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Silver Porsche Exclusive ManufakturWheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche CrestIonizer Ambient Lighting incl. Interior Lighting Package for Rear CompartmentStorage Package Power Sunblind for Rear Compartment incl. Power Sunblind for Rear Side WindowsSteering Wheel Heating Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear) Porsche Exclusive ManufakturRoof Lining in Alcantara® Dark Walnut Interior Package Voice Control Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE) Porsche Exclusive ManufakturSupply Cable for Hardwired Installation Vehicle Cable (25 ft) 7.2 kW Onboard Charger Porsche Charging Dock for the Porsche Universal Charger (AC)

Working with my financing now before pulling the trigger.....

Old 01-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

General question to those who recently ordered their Panamera....
What kind of discount off the online build Price did you receive from your dealer ?
I noticed in entry #187 a post claimed 7% discount. Has anyone else gotten close to this. So far I am seeing from 1% to 2.5%. I am working on bettering this.
Thanks
Old 01-12-2018, 02:13 AM
KW411
Advanced

No discount for my order here in Vancouver, Canada!! The SA says the car is too much in demand and they don't offer any discount!#!$@

Canadian Rennlist members (esp the one in Vancouver) - am I being ripped off by my SA?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:09 AM
appenzell
Track Day

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Not sure who you talked to at PCNA but I doubt you will see your car in March. I have been in constant contact with PCNA and nobody is indicating March at this time. There was a letter that was sent to the dealers on or about 12/19 that did indicate March deliveries. However on 12/21 many of us received a letter from Simon Kuhnimhof, Vice President Customer Relations, PCNA, that specifically indicated "April soonest" for those living in states that don't require CARB certification, and "May soonest" for those who do need the CARB certification. I would very much like for the March date to be correct, but given the track record thus far from PCNA, I'm questioning whether even May in my case will happen. There has been a long series of estimates that have fallen by the wayside. My car was promised for August/September delivery, then slipped to October, then November, then December, March, and now May. The bottom line is PCNA for whatever reason is not tuned in to the real situation or has not been willing to share the real facts honestly with customers. Either way, a poor performance thus far by Porsche and PCNA.
I got an email from Lennon Stein at PCNA on 12/28 saying: "According to my internal resources, your vehicle is estimated to receive EPA and CARB certification in March. Once the vehicle receives this certification, you will take delivery of the vehicle shortly after.".

SaratogaLefty - As you know both our cars were on the same boat and sitting at the San Diego Port since mid September. My dealer lets me drive a 2017 Panamera 4S in the meantime, what is great (I did ED so the car is already paid). However I am just not sure that I want to take a car that sat at the port for 8+ months once we possibly get them in May.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pana - I like your style - if in doubt, spec it up. Will be a keeper for sure with all of those toys!

Screens come as a pair - so I think the price you quote is for 2 (your dealer is wrong).

Re boot space - I have eHybrid with Bose (sub is in the same place I think). Either the stereo or batteries but in total, you lose about an inch from the floor and the space over the wheel arches. Have done 2,000 miles with 3 adults a baby. Very very tight but doable.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:49 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by appenzell
I got an email from Lennon Stein at PCNA on 12/28 saying: "According to my internal resources, your vehicle is estimated to receive EPA and CARB certification in March. Once the vehicle receives this certification, you will take delivery of the vehicle shortly after.".

SaratogaLefty - As you know both our cars were on the same boat and sitting at the San Diego Port since mid September. My dealer lets me drive a 2017 Panamera 4S in the meantime, what is great (I did ED so the car is already paid). However I am just not sure that I want to take a car that sat at the port for 8+ months once we possibly get them in May.
I think maybe you should send Lennon Stein another email and ask him why Simon is saying May soonest and see what Lennon's response is. I really hope Lennon is correct but I think Simon outranks him. I'm also concerned about accepting the car with almost a year since it was built. I will make my decision when I actually see the car and inspect the paint, tires, etc. Also I'll be very curious to see what the mileage indicator reads with a fully charged lithium ion battery. Hopefully it will indicate something around 30 miles. I recognize that won't be the actual mileage I get but If it is significantly less than 30 I will have to wonder if the battery has been damaged by sitting unattended for that long a period. Not sure what else I can do. It has the 50,000 mile warranty and I have documented all of my concerns with PCNA through repeated emails so hopefully if I accept it I will be protected. I have to do some research regarding the "lemon law" here in California to see if that offers any additional protection.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

All, I did not like the way my build option list posted, I had it listed and when I sent it, it showed up consecutive horizontally instead as a columned list. Here is the link to the build code. Gives you a chance to see picture renditions too.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJQA42K4

aj, I asked the SA and he confirmed the cost of ONE screen is $2,100 through Porsche Tequipment site. Part number 971 044 920. If that is the cost for a pair of screens, that would be the way to go. I decided to order them and have them installed and functional from the factory.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I think maybe you should send Lennon Stein another email and ask him why Simon is saying May soonest and see what Lennon's response is. I really hope Lennon is correct but I think Simon outranks him. I'm also concerned about accepting the car with almost a year since it was built. I will make my decision when I actually see the car and inspect the paint, tires, etc. Also I'll be very curious to see what the mileage indicator reads with a fully charged lithium ion battery. Hopefully it will indicate something around 30 miles. I recognize that won't be the actual mileage I get but If it is significantly less than 30 I will have to wonder if the battery has been damaged by sitting unattended for that long a period. Not sure what else I can do. It has the 50,000 mile warranty and I have documented all of my concerns with PCNA through repeated emails so hopefully if I accept it I will be protected. I have to do some research regarding the "lemon law" here in California to see if that offers any additional protection.

Found this on Lemon Law:

California Lemon Law

The California Lemon Law (Civ. Code, § 1793.22) protects you when your vehicle is defective and cannot be repaired after a “reasonable” number of attempts. In such instances, the manufacturer must either replace or repurchase the vehicle—whichever you prefer.

So that makes me better about accepting the car.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:31 PM
njpanamera
Track Day

Would you mind sharing how you managed to get the dealer to put you in a Panamera 4S while you wait? I did ED on my e-hybrid in September and thus paid in full in August. Porsche has not put me in a Porsche loaner while my car is being held up. I have asked my NJ dealer for one, but was turned down, saying they do not have enough service vehicles. I have asked with the ED folks in Atlanta and they have said that they are working on it, but nothing has materialized. I have been offered a nominal dollar amount per day for a rental, which basically gets me an econobox, although I paid in full for a nicely loaded Panamera e-hybrid.
My understanding is that my car sits in Germany while they wait for the certification to pass. Since it already has some miles on it from ED, it depreciates in value each day.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:06 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Hi Everyone...Happy New Year 2018.

So I originally ordered a 2019 Porsche Panamera 4 E-hybrid Executive but I decided to go all out and called my sales rep that I want the 2019 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Executive. He said regardless I got until April to lock in my options. My business year end gave me an extra $850,000 additional profit on top of the $1.65 million usual business income since I was able to secure a big contract .

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJNXMLB7

What do you think guys... did I went overboard?
notable standard equipment on the Turbo S includes
1. PCCB (Carbon Brakes) $10,230
2. PCCB Sport w/ PTV Plus (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control) $5700
3. Rear Axle Steering
4. Premium Package w/ 4-Zone Climate Control
5. Electric roll-up sunblind for behind rear compartment and electric roll-up sun blind for rear side windows
6. 14 Way adjustable seats front and rear
7. Sport Chrono.
8 PDLS Plus

Major Options Lists
1. Premium Package Plus w/ Massage Seats (front & Rear) and PDLS in black $6560
2. Assistance Package $6120
3.SportDesign package painted in black (high-gloss) $ 6940
4. Sports Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black (high-gloss) $4400
5. Burmeister 3D High End Surround Sound $6780
6. PRSE $3010
7. 21" Exclusive Design wheels Painted in Jet Black Metallic $2200
8. Club Leather Interior in Cohiba Brown $2120
9. Chalk Exterior $3770
10 All leather interior extras $12,730
Old 01-13-2018, 04:56 PM
appenzell
Track Day

Originally Posted by njpanamera
Would you mind sharing how you managed to get the dealer to put you in a Panamera 4S while you wait? I did ED on my e-hybrid in September and thus paid in full in August. Porsche has not put me in a Porsche loaner while my car is being held up. I have asked my NJ dealer for one, but was turned down, saying they do not have enough service vehicles. I have asked with the ED folks in Atlanta and they have said that they are working on it, but nothing has materialized. I have been offered a nominal dollar amount per day for a rental, which basically gets me an econobox, although I paid in full for a nicely loaded Panamera e-hybrid.
My understanding is that my car sits in Germany while they wait for the certification to pass. Since it already has some miles on it from ED, it depreciates in value each day.
I was going to walk away and demanded a full refund. My car was not ready for the ED when I arrived in Germany so I never took delivery of it. They gave me another car while I was in Europe. I personally will wait until February and if they dont complete EPA by then, I will have to buy something else. This is getting to stressful for something that supposed to be fun and exciting.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:35 PM
njpanamera
Track Day

I was going to walk away and demanded a full refund. My car was not ready for the ED when I arrived in Germany so I never took delivery of it. They gave me another car while I was in Europe. I personally will wait until February and if they dont complete EPA by then, I will have to buy something else. This is getting to stressful for something that supposed to be fun and exciting.
Thanks for clarifying. The manner in which Porsche has handled this has been beyond ridiculous. I never actually got word from Porsche on the delay in delivery. At each stage, it is I who have had to inquire where the car is and I was flat out turned down by my NJ dealer when I asked for a loaner, even though I paid in full back in August. I have asked for a refund, but even that has not been honored - they seem to be stalling at every step, taking weeks to respond to each inquiry when it should be an immediate response. If this is not resolved this week, I will probably have to start looking at legal options. Truly disgraceful for a premium brand.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread