Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 01:54 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
Wow, Saratoga and AJ, thanks so much for taking the time to give me your feedback, much appreciated. I must say, I have thought that maybe I should wait for 2019, not sure what changes, if any, will be done to the '19's.... I would hate to miss the tax credit and not sure that I would get the extra years of maintenance if I were ordering now and not subject to the extreme delays that you guys have endured. It has to be painful and I feel for you. It is assuring to know that PCNA is making some kind of concessions. I am asking to meet with the local dealer here in Pittsburgh to ask him the relevant questions to see how I should move forward with that.

A) From the many videos I saw of the cars on YouTube, I do not believe the sills are illuminated. Not a showstopper for me, but my current Audi does have them and I grew accustomed to them. I doubt that I would put out the $1,380 to have them.
B) I am pretty much locked into Volcano Gray and I think the darker tail lights may look good. However, AJ, I am leaning toward the Silver Quad pipes.
C) The tinted glass is on my list to review with the Dealer. I am hoping to see with and without side by side to help me decide. I have not considered a radar detector, but maybe I should. Is the Valentine brand recommended?
D) Not sure I will get the Rear seat entertainment, but I think the $420 for prep now is worth it in case I do decide. I was just wondering what the after the fact cost would be in case that sways me to get it now.
E) I pretty much decided that the PSE is out. Thanks for both of your feedbacks.
F) I probably agree that the PDCC and PTV is not necessary, but from the videos and how good that they make it sound, I want to do my due diligence to see if it is an option I should consider.

So, I must say that the feedback so far has helped a lot. After I meet with the dealer and come to some final decisions, I will keep you posted and give you my build rundown. I must say, as pain staking as this is, it has been fun learning. I look forward to reading about your pending delivery in the very near future, good luck....
A) I have a 2018 4S and you are right. It does not come with illuminated door sills. I also wanted the Carbon Fiber Illuminated door sills but didn't want to pay $1380+.
B) I'm not sure whether it enhances the look but I love the standard light on my black car.
C) Yes, you are going to have problems using EZ pass/ Fastrak on it. I have tried placing all over the windshield. No luck so far.
D) Not sure.
E) I added the sports package so I'm not sure about this too.
F) My current car handles well without the PDCC and PTV but I haven't tried one with it so I am not sure about this too.

Hope this helps. Good luck
Old 01-09-2018, 04:23 AM
ajriches01
Racer

You are welcome - I spent weeks speccing mine - probably driving the dealer to drink. It's all part of the fun - something to be savoured.

2 extras I wish I had: 1. Matrix lights (not available for my order for stock reasons) as the LED PDLS + are pretty average; and 2. the Burmeister. But I keep thinking what else you can buy for £5k and it is a lot...
Old 01-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks again to AJ and to crack3rd... And yes, Crack, your input does help and it is appreciated. This morning I set up a meeting with the local dealer (about 40 miles from home) for tomorrow morning and hope to discuss and get some of the info I need to make some decisions. I will select the Matrix lights as they seem rather impressive. The issues with the EZ pass transponder with the noise isolating glass has me concerned, I hope to learn more tomorrow. AJ, I am with you on the Burmeister... You have no idea how many times I told myself to bite the bullet and order it, but like you, that $5,940 US, could be used elsewhere with the Bose sounding as good as it does (currently have the Bose in my Audi). Maybe I will compare the two side by side and have a revelation that I can't do without..... Stay posted.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:15 PM
P-Drooler
Track Day

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
I will select the Matrix lights as they seem rather impressive.
I am a hopeful 4 E-Hybrid purchaser still experimenting with the configurator, but I have gone through several builds with my local salesperson. He cautioned that the capability that makes the Matrix lights impressive (the ability for it to illuminate individual LEDs to highlight road signs, etc.) is not yet approved in the United States. Apparently, the Matrix light is considered to be a laser device which has delayed approval by whatever agency controls such devices. Three cheers for big government! I guess in the US, one has to spec this at their own risk of ultimate government approval and then for full function to be activated.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

P-Drooler (love the name), thanks for the input. I believe I have read about the legal issues with the Matrix lights several places. It is my hope that it will be resolved and when that time comes, I would rather be in position to flip the switch on with the option already in place. Good luck with your build, enjoy the experience.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:58 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and have been reading this thread with interest. We configured and ordered our 4 E-Hybrid in December (about three weeks ago). Yesterday the salesman told me that our order freeze date would be Jan 14th with expected delivery in Atlanta around April 6th. Some of you have apparently been told not to expect delivery until May, so I realize that April may be a bit optimistic. But I'm posting that information for what it's worth.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:53 PM
crack3rd
Advanced

Originally Posted by P-Drooler
I am a hopeful 4 E-Hybrid purchaser still experimenting with the configurator, but I have gone through several builds with my local salesperson. He cautioned that the capability that makes the Matrix lights impressive (the ability for it to illuminate individual LEDs to highlight road signs, etc.) is not yet approved in the United States. Apparently, the Matrix light is considered to be a laser device which has delayed approval by whatever agency controls such devices. Three cheers for big government! I guess in the US, one has to spec this at their own risk of ultimate government approval and then for full function to be activated.
Well said! I regretted so much that I didn't add the matrix head light. I'm asking my dealer whether I can order it. I have Burmester on my car and the sound quality is superb! I'm sure you will love it! Please let me know if you find more about the ezpass for the thermal glass.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:31 AM
ajriches01
Racer

If you can afford it - buy it. Best car stereo I have ever listened to and looks good.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:37 PM
P-Drooler
Track Day

Sorry for the quick (and undoubtedly dumb) question. Can you use the phone app to turn on the heat or A/C inside the E-Hybrid even when it is not plugged in?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:23 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and have been reading this thread with interest. We configured and ordered our 4 E-Hybrid in December (about three weeks ago). Yesterday the salesman told me that our order freeze date would be Jan 14th with expected delivery in Atlanta around April 6th. Some of you have apparently been told not to expect delivery until May, so I realize that April may be a bit optimistic. But I'm posting that information for what it's worth.
Those of us that have been told May have to have CARB (California Air Resources Board) certification as well as EPA. Many states (e.g. Texas) don't require CARB and those waiting for cars at Galveston have been told April while those of us that are subject to CARB have been told May. My guess is your car is not subject to CARB. I hope your salesperson is correct that your car will be ready for delivery on April 6th because that will mean those of us subject to CARB will be late April or early May. PCNA is erring on the side of allowing a month for CARB certification but my contact at CARB has told me once he receives the needed paperwork he can have everything done in two weeks.

Last edited by SaratogaLefty; 01-11-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 AM
appenzell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Those of us that have been told May have to have CARB (California Air Resources Board) certification as well as EPA. Many states (e.g. Texas) don't require CARB and those waiting for cars at Galveston have been told April while those of us that are subject to CARB have been told May. My guess is your car is not subject to CARB. I hope you salesperson is correct that your car will be ready for delivery on April 6th because that will mean those of us subject to CARB will be late April or early May. PCNA is erring on the side of allowing a month for CARB certification but my contact at CARB has told me once he receives the needed paperwork he can have everything done in two weeks.
Hmm I am still being told March for my 2018 e-hybrid delivery here in California. Never got any letters or emails but called PCNA in late December and was told March.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:16 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Originally Posted by P-Drooler
Sorry for the quick (and undoubtedly dumb) question. Can you use the phone app to turn on the heat or A/C inside the E-Hybrid even when it is not plugged in?
Yes - under the app - Climate Control. I think it works to whatever the car is set to (i.e. circa 21 degrees) - you cannot specify a particular temperature. But if the car has enough charge, you are welcomed by a cold/warm environment. One of the best (if not the) features of the Hybrid - did not have to defrost the car all winter.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:45 AM
porches
Advanced

Our PCNA rep brought a Panamera 4 E-Hybrid to my dealership yesterday to give us all a demo, and although I've already been to the training class in Atlanta, we didn't get to do drive them. Wow is all I have to say. I've never stayed so planted through a turn in a Panamera before, and that launch control is a completely different experience. To anyone waiting on your cars, they'll 100% be worth the wait.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:34 PM
tp81
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My car is ordered and build date confirmed for April. I have finalised the spec and added ambient lighting to the list. I hadn't considered this at first and only added this today. Can anyone provide some feedback on this option?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:02 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by appenzell
Hmm I am still being told March for my 2018 e-hybrid delivery here in California. Never got any letters or emails but called PCNA in late December and was told March.
Not sure who you talked to at PCNA but I doubt you will see your car in March. I have been in constant contact with PCNA and nobody is indicating March at this time. There was a letter that was sent to the dealers on or about 12/19 that did indicate March deliveries. However on 12/21 many of us received a letter from Simon Kuhnimhof, Vice President Customer Relations, PCNA, that specifically indicated "April soonest" for those living in states that don't require CARB certification, and "May soonest" for those who do need the CARB certification. I would very much like for the March date to be correct, but given the track record thus far from PCNA, I'm questioning whether even May in my case will happen. There has been a long series of estimates that have fallen by the wayside. My car was promised for August/September delivery, then slipped to October, then November, then December, March, and now May. The bottom line is PCNA for whatever reason is not tuned in to the real situation or has not been willing to share the real facts honestly with customers. Either way, a poor performance thus far by Porsche and PCNA.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread