Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 02:54 PM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, anybody of you knows what the latest point of time to make any changes in the specification before the car is gonna be built?

will ask my dealer tomorrow anyhow, the week of building/assembeling the car car is now 5 weeks away - would like to make still two minor changes in the specs, but not sure if it´s not to late already!?

as far as I know, there is a certain point of time where Porsche is closing the "window" of changes!?
Old 07-16-2017, 03:13 PM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200
Guys, anybody of you knows what the latest point of time to make any changes in the specification before the car is gonna be built?

will ask my dealer tomorrow anyhow, the week of building/assembeling the car car is now 5 weeks away - would like to make still two minor changes in the specs, but not sure if it´s not to late already!?

as far as I know, there is a certain point of time where Porsche is closing the "window" of changes!?
It's called the "lock in" date. Your dealer should've made you aware of that date. If he hasn't then I guess it hasn't passed and you'll be good to make more changes.

Over here in the U.K. the lock in date is also when I had to pay the rest of my deposit so I was acutely aware of the date.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:27 PM
tm20333
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to change some things, my spec went in lock down two weeks ago but still I managed to have the alloys changed a week after. My car is also going to be built in about 5 weeks.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:30 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stereo - Do not blame you but Bose is more than adequate if you like some bass-bumping nonsense. If you are looking for super high fidelity then nothing like the Burmester. I think excellent value for money if you really value the sound system but given I travel mostly with wife and baby, it's a but of a waste to spend £5k on something which is never going to be loud!

Interior - I have black/black with Alcantara and love it. I was very tempted by Carbon but did not like the lack of continuity of the carbon when it meets the screen and also the centre console (ash tray is carbon but that's it) made me stick with the black. Shame the black doesn't have the silver inserts though that carbon does, I really like that. Aluminium is also nice. Recommend the Porsche crest in head rests (sets it off!) and actually would have wanted some jazzed-up door threshold things (word escapes me). The standard is very plain.

Build changes - you will be right on the edge at 5 weeks but agree that you should have been told. Exciting times.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:42 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

guys, thanks for your feedback! just talked to my dealer, he looked it up in the system and told me that it is finally fixed, as building is scheduled in week 33, so it´s acutally only 4 weeks away. they said, that when it is finally closed, it also wouldn´t help to call at the factory, as everything is on track already. no big issue, will be happy with the current spec as well ;-)
Old 07-17-2017, 05:14 AM
thorfun
Racer

guys, thanks for your feedback! just talked to my dealer, he looked it up in the system and told me that it is finally fixed, as building is scheduled in week 33, so it´s acutally only 4 weeks away. they said, that when it is finally closed, it also wouldn´t help to call at the factory, as everything is on track already. no big issue, will be happy with the current spec as well ;-)
i believe that if you needed to make changes that you couldn't live without then you can still change them but your build slot would be pushed back. so, if you're happy with what you've got then don't change as your car may be delayed.

when i was speccing up my car i put an initially high spec in with the dealer so i had something in the system i would be very happy to own if things went pear shaped before lock in date and i couldn't change it.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Question people - can you close the book with the key? I can on X6 by holding it down but Panamera won't do it. Presume some safety nonsense?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:05 PM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Question people - can you close the book with the key? I can on X6 by holding it down but Panamera won't do it. Presume some safety nonsense?
hmmm....not actually tried. my wife's ML does but my old 420d didn't. maybe it's manufacturer specific and relates the their litigation aversion policy.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Which book...?
Old 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Which book...?
i assumed he meant boot.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Ha ha! Yes, I'm sure that you're right.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:44 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Hymo,
Are you getting a MY2018 Panamera E-Hybrid? Not sure how your car could be in the Body Shop infer weeks as I've been told all are on hold at this point. Met with my Dealer today and the Tracking Statement still shows completion on 9/29 and my car went into the Body Shop on 6/25. I believe the plant is on shutdown for the month of August?? Maybe it's different if you are buying a car for Europe as opposed to U.S.?? Have you actually seen your Tracking Statement?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:01 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Saratoga,
Yes, I should get the MY2018 and I talked to my dealer yesterday and he confirmed that the week of building is still week 33 (14-18. August). He said that this is actallulay the first week where they re-start work again after the plant shut-down before!

there are different informations flying around reg. delays, I´ve also read here somewhere that only planned builds before July has been delayed, but everything after that should be on track again.

hope that my dealer has all informations and not hiding something, but let´s see!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:41 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Boot indeed...thanks.

If it helps - when ours were delayed, they kept making them but then stuck them in a warehouse for the software update. By the time June came around, cars were getting update on the production line and then leaving before ours. No indication of any delay.

Thor - I had the error message cleared re the "Inspection Necessary". Porsche Reading said that Porsche Germany had issued a bulletin for this issue but no fix, so they think it will come back at some point...
Old 07-18-2017, 09:06 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

after urging my dealer yesterday for a second time, they tried to push my change via the general importeur in my country - after requesting the change from their side at the Porsche factory, they today confirmed the last-second change to be done. Just fyi, it was only 4 weeks before the building is supposed to be done ;-)

After getting the final confirmation now: it was not a smaller change but a rather tricky one: it was the colour! Having seen both of my very favourite colours (GT silver & Vulcano grey) side by side at my local dealer, I finally switched from GT silver to Vulcano grey. Although struggeling until the very last second, I decided for me the Vulcano grey will be the better fit! Although finding GT silver still amazing, at the end I´m rather the guy for grey colours ;-)

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread