Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 05:59 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rsyed

but awesome looking car K777....
Cheers, I love it. I mean I really really love it.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:02 PM
KW411
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K777
1. Where is your key ? In the boot/trunk - or in the door and door open ?
2. I haven't used.
3. Does what it says, wipes the rear screen if you put in reverse, Mines turned off, I can make that decision myself, as I can going forward.
4. Don't think I have on my car (not ST), and I have sports exhaust - will double check

Hi K777,
1. I usually have my key in the pocket of my pant. I have comfort access and can open the door, but sometimes it won't start the car as it doesn't detect the key or sometimes when I am driving, the message pops up.
3. I checked the box, but don't see the wiper is moving when my put my gear in reverse.
4. Sometimes it will be nice to have engine sound even on electric mode (to alert the cyclists!!). But not sure why can't this option as it says in the manual.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:18 PM
K777
Racer

KW411
I will double check mine does actually work when putting into reverse, it did on the last one.
I know what you mean with cyclists, or some old ditherer wandering up the middle of a carpark, problem is you put the engine on by putting in sport and then its on for a while, maybe when not needed.
The alternative is just to give them a nudge. Tempting, but probably best not.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:33 PM
lverheul
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

With pleasure some pics I found on my phone. One sporting winter wheels, one with the turbo wheels that I love.

I have taken your car, K777, as an inspiration too but mainly for the front and the side views. Since I ordered a ST, Iverheul's car seems to be the one closest to what I have ordered :-)

Last edited by lverheul; 06-06-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-06-2018, 09:18 PM
NightHawk1520
AutoX

So I've noticed something interesting with the battery. When the car is fully charged and the AC is off, I'm seeing a range of 35 miles. When the car is fully charged and I turn the AC on, the miles drop 27. I'm not sure if the car can actually go 35 miles, and its way too hot right now to test it (I live in New Orleans). But once the weather gets cooler, I'm definitely gonna test this out. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:23 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NightHawk1520

So I've noticed something interesting with the battery. When the car is fully charged and the AC is off, I'm seeing a range of 35 miles. When the car is fully charged and I turn the AC on, the miles drop 27. I'm not sure if the car can actually go 35 miles, and its way too hot right now to test it (I live in New Orleans). But once the weather gets cooler, I'm definitely gonna test this out. Has anyone else noticed this?
interesting observation. I have always been seeing 26-29 miles indicated but to your point I have always had my system on Auto which does keep the a/c on. I will try turning it off after a full charge and see what happens.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:55 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lverheul

With pleasure some pics I found on my phone. One sporting winter wheels, one with the turbo wheels that I love.
OMG. Thank you. Looks amazing and you have just made my 4 week wait to delivery even tougher :-)
Old 06-07-2018, 04:59 AM
K777
Racer

OMG. Thank you. Looks amazing and you have just made my 4 week wait to delivery even tougher :-)
Looks good, my only suggestion is get the mirrors painted or wrapped.

My business partner has same car as me, but black handles and white mirrors.
He says the black mirrors are a better look on white car, and is going to get his painted prob.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:10 AM
rsyed
Racer

Hey K777 - this was the inspiration for my configuration. As you say: painted mirrors, black alloys and then the acid green calipers and the dark matrix lights (which is not the case here) together with darken rear lights and the black PORSCHE at the back. In a perfect world, I would have wanted red calipers but guess you can't customize "everything" at Porsche :-)

black handles is not an option for me because I remember from teh 90s, the lower spec cars had black plastic handles and you had to upgrade to a higher spec to get the handles painted. I am surely not paying money to get a "low spec option" from the 90s :-)

Old 06-07-2018, 05:23 AM
K777
Racer

I didn't consider the black handles either, but we had a demo in the crayon grey and it had black handles which looked pretty good, which is why he went that way, he regrets a bit now.

When we first ordered our 2015 panameras there wasn't an option to have black callipers, and we were always going to paint the green ones black.
When we got the cars we changed our minds as they look great with black wheels.

I actually make sure I wash my calipers every wash. They are one of the things people notice and comment on them (good comments)

Last edited by K777; 06-07-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:35 AM
rsyed
Racer

I just motivated to figure out a way to get the red calipers :-)
Old 06-07-2018, 10:45 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty

interesting observation. I have always been seeing 26-29 miles indicated but to your point I have always had my system on Auto which does keep the a/c on. I will try turning it off after a full charge and see what happens.
I checked this morning, after my batteries were fully charged: My personal settings have the AC on by default when the engine is turned on. My screen stated that I have 25 miles of all-electric range, which is typical (it's usually 25-27 miles). When I turned the AC off, it immediately jumped to 27. I turned the AC back on, and it jumped back to 25 miles estimated range. I'll be curious to see if I change the personal setting to AC off (instead of on) *before* charging, to see what happens.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:51 AM
NightHawk1520
AutoX

Originally Posted by cometguy
I checked this morning, after my batteries were fully charged: My personal settings have the AC on by default when the engine is turned on. My screen stated that I have 25 miles of all-electric range, which is typical (it's usually 25-27 miles). When I turned the AC off, it immediately jumped to 27. I turned the AC back on, and it jumped back to 25 miles estimated range. I'll be curious to see if I change the personal setting to AC off (instead of on) *before* charging, to see what happens.

That is exactly what I noticed and I changed my starting setting to have the AC off. Once I did that, I started getting 31 miles to show. From there its been going up and now shows 35 miles. I really want to test and see if I can actually go 35 miles, but the heat here is just too intense lol.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:37 AM
lverheul
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K777
Looks good, my only suggestion is get the mirrors painted or wrapped.

My business partner has same car as me, but black handles and white mirrors.
He says the black mirrors are a better look on white car, and is going to get his painted prob.
I thought just a little bit of contrast would be enough, so I will keep the white mirrors. I will take some more pics when I get the car back tomorrow afternoon from the repair shop

Old 06-08-2018, 09:13 AM
K777
Racer

Originally Posted by KW411
Hi K777,
1. I usually have my key in the pocket of my pant. I have comfort access and can open the door, but sometimes it won't start the car as it doesn't detect the key or sometimes when I am driving, the message pops up.
3. I checked the box, but don't see the wiper is moving when my put my gear in reverse.
4. Sometimes it will be nice to have engine sound even on electric mode (to alert the cyclists!!). But not sure why can't this option as it says in the manual.
checked my rear wipe, doesn't work when ticked either like yours.
Not issue I guess as I wouldn't want it anyway.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread