Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:46 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Just spoke with my General Sales Manager. He told me the car arrived today. It is in the service bay and will be detailed tomorrow. Picking it up on Thursday!! It's been a long 13 months!!!
Finally, congrats!!
Old 04-25-2018, 03:05 AM
soCali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so maybe I am officially the last one left haha. Mine is still awaiting delivery apparently....
Old 04-25-2018, 04:46 AM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
Big Ben, thanks so much for sharing your very personal story and you are right, God does work in mysterious ways and He is helping your Dad share your excitement from above. I love hearing how things go Full Circle and now of all days, you are being rewarded with your prize car. Can't wait to see pictures. Would love to hear if you talk to the Supra Guy. Try to get some sleep tonight and enjoy your delivery tomorrow knowing your father is smiling with you. Celebrate the new and better life your Dad is enjoying. Best of luck.
Thank you for your reply Pana TJ

I finally got the E Hybrid. It only had 14 miles of E-Charge when I left the dealership. While on the freeway at 67 mph the whole way, it did 14.7 miles of all Electric driving. By the time I got home about 30 miles total, it was 54 mpg trip. To my surprise, I thought I had a 220 all ready, but my wife told me it was 220 pre-wired. I guess we have to call the electrician out. I will leave it charging all night a day tomorrow at 120v.

Most impressed feature - it drove so smooth.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:39 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Ben
Thank you for your reply Pana TJ

I finally got the E Hybrid. It only had 14 miles of E-Charge when I left the dealership. While on the freeway at 67 mph the whole way, it did 14.7 miles of all Electric driving. By the time I got home about 30 miles total, it was 54 mpg trip. To my surprise, I thought I had a 220 all ready, but my wife told me it was 220 pre-wired. I guess we have to call the electrician out. I will leave it charging all night a day tomorrow at 120v.

Most impressed feature - it drove so smooth.
Your dad must've been smiling.

I too lost my father recently. I also have an ST E-H on order to be delivered sometime in mid-July... probably being bolted together in Leipzig as I type this. Unfortunately, he was NOT a car guy and frugal to the end. When I drive my new ride home from the dealership (all of 1.5 miles), dad will be screaming in both my ears how I could possibly blow that kind of wad on a stupid car! lol

I miss him all the same.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:52 AM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Smile

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Your dad must've been smiling.

I too lost my father recently. I also have an ST E-H on order to be delivered sometime in mid-July... probably being bolted together in Leipzig as I type this. Unfortunately, he was NOT a car guy and frugal to the end. When I drive my new ride home from the dealership (all of 1.5 miles), dad will be screaming in both my ears how I could possibly blow that kind of wad on a stupid car! lol

I miss him all the same.
Thank you for the nice and encouraging words. Before I picked up the car, I was being followed by the car my dad bought my mom that brought the most joy in our family. 1984 Volvo DL 240. I don't remember the last time I have ever seen one. Same color inside and out. Then on the way to the dealership, I didn't see a Toyota Celica Supra, but I did see a 1968 Toyota Celica. Again, I don't remember the last time I have seen that car since the last decade. Kinda comforting.

Yes, my dad would have said the same thing... why do you spend so much money on a car??
Old 04-25-2018, 07:17 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The E-Hybrid forum has taken a very touching turn - best wishes to all.

Saratoga - we are all very excited for you and definitely expect 100s of pictures and a full write-up!!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:37 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=ajriches01;14965990]The E-Hybrid forum has taken a very touching turn - best wishes to all./QUOTE]

It's never been my thing to share much of my personal details/experiences on the internet. Even on Facebook, to me it seems a little strange and artificial to share that kind of stuff with 500 of your closest "virtual friends." Must be an age thing.

But Big Ben's experience and proximity of my dad's passing (Feb 28th) must've triggered something.

I will say one thing about my taste in cars that probably evolved partially as a result of my parents' choices in vehicle purchases while I was a kid. From the age of 10 all the way past my college years they've bought station wagons one after the other. Beginning in the mid-70s all the way through the early-90s, they've owned a succession of GM full size wagons... Olds Custom Wagon, Buick Delta Wagon, whatever Chevy's version of the car was... all PsOS, all with the fake wood on the side. I think their last one was a Toyota Camry wagon. Then having made frequent trips in my 30s and 40s to Europe, where wagons (or estates in Euro-speak) are common, I fell in love with them but never quite got a serious urge to get one. Over the last 10 years I've lusted over RS4s, RS6s, C63s, E63s, M3s, M5s, all in wagon/estate form, most of which you couldn't get in the US. So when the Sport Turismo came out, of course it was one of the best looking cars I'd ever seen and I just had to have it.

So in a way, I do have my parents to thank for this rather ill-advised purchase.

Sharing over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming, lol.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:58 PM
bosch
Advanced

Originally Posted by sriklin
The car has been a lot of fun this week. I have used predominantly e-power to get a feel for the distance it will cover with a charge. Although when fully charged, it says it will make 26 miles, it has driven further than that. I believe it is an estimate taking into consideration the heat in Houston, use of air conditioning and other factors that I hope to figure out. I have been intentionally fully discharging the battery to then fully recharge it, with the expectation that this will help to condition the battery to use every bit of power storage its got. So far I have done this three times, with the first time having it tell me that e-power was no longer available as I pulled into my garage. Today I used Hybrid auto mode, as I had a meeting on the other side of town. Unless you continuously scan the tach, you will never know when it switches back and forth between the electric and gas motors. I was able to get 62.5 mpg with a mix of street and highway driving in Hybrid auto. I believe that 55-65 will be the norm, in spite of the 46 mpg on the Maroney Sticker. Initially I charged the car on 110v, which took 12 hours. I had a 220v, 50 amp. line put in, and that takes just under 4 hours to charge the car.

The only issue I have had is with the GPS. When I picked the car up, the Nav showed me to be in Germany for a day. The second day, the Nav showed me to be in Houston, but half a mile from my true location. The dealership is going to service it next week. I suspect the satellite receiver will need to be replaced. I also have to have the full bra reapplied at the left front wheel wheel, as it is coming undone. Minor stuff so far...

To all who are waiting, it is so worth it. The performance and electronics are state of the art. Enjoy a great holiday weekend. It promises to be a beautiful weekend for driving here.
Did you have the 7.2 kW Onboard Charger option or the standard 3.6kW onboard charger?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:54 PM
appenzell
Track Day

Originally Posted by soCali
so maybe I am officially the last one left haha. Mine is still awaiting delivery apparently....
You are not alone. I am still waiting too...
Old 04-25-2018, 08:50 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Just spoke with my General Sales Manager. He told me the car arrived today. It is in the service bay and will be detailed tomorrow. Picking it up on Thursday!! It's been a long 13 months!!!
Tomorrows the big day, enjoy, for me it was worth the wait.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:12 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
The E-Hybrid forum has taken a very touching turn - best wishes to all.

Saratoga - we are all very excited for you and definitely expect 100s of pictures and a full write-up!!
Thanks AJ. I'm picking it up tomorrow in LA and I'll try to grab a few quick shots,. On Friday I'm enrolled at the LA Porsche Driving Experience In Torrance. My 90 minute session starts at 9:00 am. I'll be driving their E-Hybrid and hopefully maybe the Turbo S Hybrid as well. Directly after the session I'm heading back up to the Bay Area (about 400 miles of mostly interstate highway). My original plan was to drive north up the coast most of the way but key stretches of the road are closed due to extensive slides. So taking the fast route up Interstate 5. Going to try to keep draining and charging the batteries over and over using E mode and E-Charge to condition them fully. Not sure if I will be able to vary my speeds like the manual says since it is typically a 75-85 mph drive, but if I use manual mode while in E-Charge I guess I can just keep changing gears to vary the rpms. I think the manual says not to exceed 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles or so?? Did you break your's in or just not worry about it?
I will try to grab a few shots at the Dealership tomorrow and maybe post them up tomorrow night. I am delivering the car straight to my Detailer on Sunday morning for a full Xpel Ultimate clear bra on the front up to the A pillars including the mirrors and the trunk area as well, and then a Ceramic Pro treatment on the entire car. The Detailer gave me a bunch of Xpel Ultimate scraps which he told me to put on the front immediately after I pick it up tomorrow to avoid any rock chips or scratches for the 400 mile drive. I'm sure it will look terrible once i put the film on since I have no idea what I'm doing. He told me just peel and stick as best I can and he will remove it all when he gets the car on Sunday. Anyway, serious photos will come after the detailing is completed.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 PM
P-Drooler
Track Day

Thanks AJ. I'm picking it up tomorrow in LA and I'll try to grab a few quick shots,. On Friday I'm enrolled at the LA Porsche Driving Experience In Torrance. My 90 minute session starts at 9:00 am. I'll be driving their E-Hybrid and hopefully maybe the Turbo S Hybrid as well. Directly after the session I'm heading back up to the Bay Area (about 400 miles of mostly interstate highway). My original plan was to drive north up the coast most of the way but key stretches of the road are closed due to extensive slides. So taking the fast route up Interstate 5. Going to try to keep draining and charging the batteries over and over using E mode and E-Charge to condition them fully. Not sure if I will be able to vary my speeds like the manual says since it is typically a 75-85 mph drive, but if I use manual mode while in E-Charge I guess I can just keep changing gears to vary the rpms. I think the manual says not to exceed 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles or so?? Did you break your's in or just not worry about it?
I will try to grab a few shots at the Dealership tomorrow and maybe post them up tomorrow night. I am delivering the car straight to my Detailer on Sunday morning for a full Xpel Ultimate clear bra on the front up to the A pillars including the mirrors and the trunk area as well, and then a Ceramic Pro treatment on the entire car. The Detailer gave me a bunch of Xpel Ultimate scraps which he told me to put on the front immediately after I pick it up tomorrow to avoid any rock chips or scratches for the 400 mile drive. I'm sure it will look terrible once i put the film on since I have no idea what I'm doing. He told me just peel and stick as best I can and he will remove it all when he gets the car on Sunday. Anyway, serious photos will come after the detailing is completed.
Congrats! That sounds like an awesome adventure. I bet in a couple of years you will think about that first drive and chuckle, heartily.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:01 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

FYI: With 120v at at 0%, after 12 hours, I got up to 80% or so and 25 mile e-Range according to the panel. Just had the electrician put in the 220v today. The supplied chord is too short since my plug is on the right side of the car and the plug on the car is on the left side. This may require a purchase of an in home charger or another cable from Porsche that is longer.

Again, only driving 30 miles last night and now fully charged my battery all day, it is showing 30 mile range. I will try to deplete it as recommended by another member here. Can we hope to get to the magical 31 mile range?
Old 04-26-2018, 04:13 AM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Picked up my Panamera this morning. So far I'm loving it!

Old 04-26-2018, 04:14 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Saratoga, that sounds like an awesome day, although dangerous to drive the Turbo S at the same time...please do not put in an order for another car for a while, not sure we could take the stress. I might look into some kind of clear coat, be good to really protect and shine.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread