Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:56 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

My loaner car did not have that. The funny thing is that my Honda Civic Type R has it and I haven't tried it on the iPhone 8 yet.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:38 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200
Hi guys,

maybe it´s a stupid question, but couldn´t figure it out elsewhere: does the new Panamera have a wireless charging option/pad in the middle console somewhere?

I´m asking because I´m considering buying the iPhone 8 which is capable of this charging method. My previous Audi Q7 had this in the middle console, so I was wondering if the Panamera has it as well?

cheers, Hymo
Not as far as I know. Wasn’t told of anything at handover of the car and I haven’t read the manual.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:10 PM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know the status of EPA/CARB for the Panamera E Hybrid. My current build status is "Production Complete". I would expect it to reach San Diego around the end October and hoped in will not be sitting in port waiting for certification.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:10 PM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rklann
Does anyone know the status of EPA/CARB for the Panamera E Hybrid. My current build status is "Production Complete". I would expect it to reach San Diego around the end October and hoped in will not be sitting in port waiting for certification.
I heard from my dealer that E Hybrid won't be released until the end of this year or early next year. SaratogaLefty's car is already in San Diego since mid-September.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:27 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

So the story is the CARB has not yet received the necessary paperwork from Porsche to certify the E-Hybrid. Once they get it they will need about a month to issue their certification. As crack3rd mentioned my E-Hybrid arrived at San Diego on September 15th and has been sitting at the port. The build was completed in late June and it then sat around in Germany for about a month and then finally shipped. Porsche apparently devoted most of their efforts to the other Panamera models first as they are the higher volume vehicles. Not sure when my car will be released but end of October is probably optimistic at this point. Worried about the impact of the salt air on the car and also the tires sitting for that long in one position but not much I can do but sit and wait.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:58 PM
rklann
Intermediate

Thanks for the information SaratogaLefty. I wonder how many other people are in the same situation? BTW were did get the information about Porsche not yet submitting the proper paperwork?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:39 PM
soCali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just found out today that my cars birthday was on sept 20th. and it is supposed to ship here near the end of october also. We probably are going to be on the same boat. lol Hopefully they can do the inspections sooner than the end of the year.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:06 AM
appenzell
Track Day

Thanks for the information SaratogaLefty. I wonder how many other people are in the same situation? BTW were did get the information about Porsche not yet submitting the proper paperwork?
My Car is also sitting at the port of San Diego since September 15th. Had a June build that missed my July ED, then sat at the port in Emden for a few weeks. And now waiting in San Diego for the Porsche bureaucrats to their part in getting the EPA/CARB certification.

Question - has anyone of you received any compensation from PCNA for the 4 month delay? I am told Dec, most likely Jan for delivery.

So frustrated....
Old 09-27-2017, 05:26 AM
XT6Wagon
Intermediate

EPA has been largely defunded, which is likely the problem here. Enhanced review of car emissions with even fewer staff to deal with it.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:39 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Thor - let me know how you get on, I am told that the temporary fix is the same as they did before (i.e. a few day fix). Going to ring customer services to complain as it is really starting to grate on me!
Old 09-27-2017, 07:24 AM
rklann
Intermediate

It appears there are at least two of you who have cars sitting in port awaiting EPA/CARB certification (SaratogoLefty,appenzell) and two to be in that situation (soCai,rklann). I would hope the pressure on Porsche to get this issue resolved is increasing as more cars are trapped in port. With respect to compensation for the delay and frustration, I had heard PCNA was offering a 1 Year addition to the service package for customers who had been in this situation. In my case, since my E-hybrid has not offially been delayed, I do not have a issue yet! Have appenzell or SaratogaLefty had any discussion with your dealer about compensation?
Old 09-28-2017, 05:15 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Thor - let me know how you get on, I am told that the temporary fix is the same as they did before (i.e. a few day fix). Going to ring customer services to complain as it is really starting to grate on me!
will do of course! i'd also be interested in the outcome of your call with customer services.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:05 AM
appenzell
Track Day

It appears there are at least two of you who have cars sitting in port awaiting EPA/CARB certification (SaratogoLefty,appenzell) and two to be in that situation (soCai,rklann). I would hope the pressure on Porsche to get this issue resolved is increasing as more cars are trapped in port. With respect to compensation for the delay and frustration, I had heard PCNA was offering a 1 Year addition to the service package for customers who had been in this situation. In my case, since my E-hybrid has not offially been delayed, I do not have a issue yet! Have appenzell or SaratogaLefty had any discussion with your dealer about compensation?
really nothing so far. PCNA promised that they sent an LA Experience Voucher (has not arrived in 2 weeks) and Dealer is trying to come up with a solution for the last month.... my problem is that since I was suppose to European Delivery I already paid the car in full so in their mind I am a paid customer with little options....
Old 10-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Daddyo
1st Gear

Thanks to everyone for the great info. I am considering purchasing a new 2018 4E Hybrid (USA) and have read all the posts in this thread. Very helpful.

Just wanted to share that my Porsche code has two notices that pop up before the configuration is shown.

The first, which just recently appeared, is: "coming in early 2018". Looks like Porsche is now officially recognizing that there won't be any new 4E Hybrid deliveries until next year .

The second, which has been there for a while longer, is: "The calculation of fuel consumption and emission values for the vehicle is currently not possible.." That seems to be a reference to the EPA/CARB certification.

While neither is good news, it does seem like the unofficial and official explanations are aligned.

Just FYI, neither notice appears for the non-hybrid 4E.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:18 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Sorry to hear you guys in the US are having such a hard time of it. If you don't get more than the small rebate, there is no real incentive to go green[ish]...

Thor - I finally heard back from the service manager who confirmed what you told me. They let the car think it is awaiting a different service in X miles (or something like this) which apparently does not have the same fault associated with it. Taking her in first weekend of November.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread