Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 09:19 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

So to be fair, when I placed my order back in March I was aware that I would not be receiving the car until late August because I was ordering a 2018 model. Here in the US we were not able to order any 2017 E-Hybrids for some reason; not sure why that was?? So assuming the delay is in fact 8-12 weeks it is not the worst thing that could happen. That said, my Lexus was on lease and went back a few weeks ago and now I am driving a beat up 2004 Cadillac!! The Panamera can't come too soon!!
Old 08-23-2017, 03:38 AM
GTZ22
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

wonder if we'll get loaner cars

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9985...r#post14399276
Old 08-23-2017, 05:30 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
So to be fair, when I placed my order back in March I was aware that I would not be receiving the car until late August because I was ordering a 2018 model. Here in the US we were not able to order any 2017 E-Hybrids for some reason; not sure why that was?? So assuming the delay is in fact 8-12 weeks it is not the worst thing that could happen. That said, my Lexus was on lease and went back a few weeks ago and now I am driving a beat up 2004 Cadillac!! The Panamera can't come too soon!!
look at in on the bright side, the difference between those cars cant be larger so your first miles will be epic
Old 08-23-2017, 05:43 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So yesterday I received a personal email from Porsche US. It indicated that my car (2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid) has been delayed 8-12 weeks from the original planned delivery date. It did not specify what is causing the delay, but from other posts on this forum I'm assuming it has to do with the EPA and CARB certifications. My order was placed last March and I was told I had an early June build date. My car actually went into the Body Shop on June 25th, but was caught up in the earlier delay for which I posted the email to Dealers from Corbett Head. The latest tracking statement shows my original planned dealer delivery date as August 25th, but an estimated date of September 22nd. That was before I received the email yesterday so I'm now assuming sometime between October 20th and November 20th!! If that is the case it will have taken eight months from order to delivery!!
To the best of my knowledge no US bound 2018 E-Hybrids have left Germany thus far. Not sure how they actually perform the EPA certification?? Does anyone know how it is completed?
that sucks!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:04 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

really seem to be an US issue. having read all these news regarding delays, I was frightned as well, awaiting my built for August.

thanks good no delay, today is THE day, currently sitting in the train to my dealer and pickung up the car ;-))

also my swith will be epic, as I sold my previous car in June, commuting the last 3 months with the Ford Fiesta from my grandpa ;-)

will post some pictures soon!

thanks for the heads up, thorfun & AJ!!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:09 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by hymo1200
really seem to be an US issue. having read all these news regarding delays, I was frightned as well, awaiting my built for August.

thanks good no delay, today is THE day, currently sitting in the train to my dealer and pickung up the car ;-))

also my swith will be epic, as I sold my previous car in June, commuting the last 3 months with the Ford Fiesta from my grandpa ;-)

will post some pictures soon!

thanks for the heads up, thorfun & AJ!!
enjoy!
Old 08-23-2017, 12:36 PM
appenzell
Track Day

So yesterday I received a personal email from Porsche US. It indicated that my car (2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid) has been delayed 8-12 weeks from the original planned delivery date. It did not specify what is causing the delay, but from other posts on this forum I'm assuming it has to do with the EPA and CARB certifications. My order was placed last March and I was told I had an early June build date. My car actually went into the Body Shop on June 25th, but was caught up in the earlier delay for which I posted the email to Dealers from Corbett Head. The latest tracking statement shows my original planned dealer delivery date as August 25th, but an estimated date of September 22nd. That was before I received the email yesterday so I'm now assuming sometime between October 20th and November 20th!! If that is the case it will have taken eight months from order to delivery!!
To the best of my knowledge no US bound 2018 E-Hybrids have left Germany thus far. Not sure how they actually perform the EPA certification?? Does anyone know how it is completed?
The same for me. April Order of a 2018 e-Hybrid with a end of July ED in Leipzig. A week prior my ED I was informed that my car would not be ready, so they gave me a "loaner" while in Germany. Now the car is sitting at the Port in Emden since the beginning of August with no vessel assigned. No official word from Porsche. My dealer did confirm the EPA delay. What gets me most upset is that I already paid for the car in full since I was suppose to do an European Delivery. Really frustrating....
Old 08-23-2017, 12:48 PM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by appenzell
What gets me most upset is that I already paid for the car in full since I was suppose to do an European Delivery. Really frustrating....
wow! i'd be asking for a loaner from your dealer or some major compensation. that's a lot of money that could be earning you interest.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:45 PM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, finally - it‘s done

Picked it up today, done my first 300KM with it and more than happy so far!

More about my experiences during the next days...
Attached Images       
Old 08-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Many congrats, hymo! Looks amazing! And you definitely picked the best wheel design!
Old 08-23-2017, 06:15 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Great looking car! And beautiful country to have some mountain fun
Old 08-24-2017, 12:53 PM
thorfun
Racer

congraulations hymo. that is one beautiful looking car! those tailpipes really do look good. a bit gutted i couldn't get them when i ordered mine.

I agree with Wing Commander as well.....best wheel design.

it's also very shiny! what covering/finish did you have done on it?
Old 08-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by thorfun
those tailpipes really do look good. a bit gutted i couldn't get them when i ordered mine.

I agree with Wing Commander as well.....best wheel design.

+1 on the tailpipes! Seriously thinking of retro-fitting sport tailpipes on mine...
Old 08-24-2017, 08:20 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
+1 on the tailpipes! Seriously thinking of retro-fitting sport tailpipes on mine...
Beautiful!! I'm glad you weren't impacted by our crazy US delays!! Keep posting your thoughts and if you get a chance put up a video with good sound of the sports exhaust please.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:52 PM
soCali
Track Day

Just got an update from my sales adviser. I guess you guys are all correct about the CARB delays. None are supposed to be released until january now. He said he has one customer that is supposed to arrive in two weeks and is already on the boat over, but even that will have to sit in port until january as they await all the tests. Damn. Anyone know any dealerships giving 6 month leases? lol

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread