Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:51 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Who is your dealer? Where are you located? Why would there be a holdup by the EPA on certifying the e-hybrids?
Old 08-14-2017, 04:28 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad our feedback on the RWS has been seconded - it is surprisingly manoeuvrable! Personally, I find the Sports Design adds more presence to the car, makes it look more hunkered down and dangerous. In black - more like the batmobile then an executive saloon. The PCCB looks amazing but is it not a circa $6,000 option?!

You could keep the acid green if you want the contrast and save the $$$? Especially as you don't use the actual brakes 90% of the time.

But if cash is no concern then get the dream build!

Sorry to hear about these possible delays - the timing certainly sounds very excessive and hopefully a swift resolution.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:42 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
You could keep the acid green if you want the contrast and save the $$$? Especially as you don't use the actual brakes 90% of the time.
that's what i did! i love the contrast between the acid green and the black.

it being free was a nice bonus (not much is free on a Porsche!)
Old 08-14-2017, 05:44 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Looking good!

The Matrix lights just look that little bit cooler. Annoying they risked delaying by so long (even though I know others on the same delivery got them).
Old 08-14-2017, 05:49 AM
thorfun
Racer

Looking good!

The Matrix lights just look that little bit cooler. Annoying they risked delaying by so long (even though I know others on the same delivery got them).
it's a real shame that you couldn't get them they are great headlights.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I went back to the dealer today to get rid of my second thoughts
They luckily had a load of cars in showroom and also ready for delivery to other customers so I could check most of the options in real life. Basically I went outside with the same configuration I already ordered. The Sportdesign package, even on black, adds loads of extra sportiness to the exterior. I keep the acid green as I saw a hybrid with black rims and honestly it looks very good, the ceramics come with too much downsides to consider them without any regrets afterwards.

I also had the chance to drive with a Panamera Turbo with RWS and I noticed a positive effect, not a completely different car but surely a worthy option in my book. So I kept that one and also added the carbon floor mats to complete the design

Car is expected in October
Old 08-14-2017, 01:44 PM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by Yoeris
Ok I went back to the dealer today to get rid of my second thoughts
They luckily had a load of cars in showroom and also ready for delivery to other customers so I could check most of the options in real life. Basically I went outside with the same configuration I already ordered. The Sportdesign package, even on black, adds loads of extra sportiness to the exterior. I keep the acid green as I saw a hybrid with black rims and honestly it looks very good, the ceramics come with too much downsides to consider them without any regrets afterwards.

I also had the chance to drive with a Panamera Turbo with RWS and I noticed a positive effect, not a completely different car but surely a worthy option in my book. So I kept that one and also added the carbon floor mats to complete the design

Car is expected in October
sounds great! You're going to love it.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:04 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,177 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
So some disappointing news, Just went to the dealership and received this email " PAG has advised options OP8 (Sports Exhaust System Including Tailpipes in Silver) and OP9 (Sports Exhaust System Including Tailpipes in Black) are causing production delays up to six months in relation to the currently listed completion date in PVMS."

So basically my vehicle build could be delayed unto 6 months cause of the damn sports exhaust. pretty annoying to say the least. I talked to my manager and they're looking into ordering the exhaust and retro fittings or just biting the bullet and possible getting a fabspeed or some other brand on there. Ridiculous that its delayed that much tho.

This chimes with the Tequipment site, where the Sports Exhaust is now shown as a retro-fit option (UK) with part number and price, but says not available until February 2018.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

I also have the sports exhaust equipped in my order, but the dealer hasn't mentioned any delay...?
Old 08-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Might be worth giving the dealer a call to double check...
Old 08-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Order was checked today and sent to Porsche. They also checked with the importer for the production date in September and no one mentioned any delay...
If it was a global issue then the order system should automatically mention it I think? I saw in the dealer screen several options (exclusive) that only became available starting at November, but the sports exhaust wasn't one of them.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Fingers crossed that your car will be fine. But in view of the post above about the 6 month wait time for the sports exhaust, it has to be worth a quick call to your dealer specifically about the sports exhaust, just to put your mind at rest.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:11 AM
soCali
Track Day

Just placed my order today for the ehybrid, I asked them about all the delay issues, and they said they were not aware of any of them. They were showing me all the corporate latest corporate emails, and some new cars actually got released today from port. So hopefully itll all be solved. Right now mine is slated for a november build and eta in los angeles is 12/22. But they are hoping to get me into an earlier allocation spot that they had, for a 11/17 eta. Fingers crossed it all happens. Heres the build code, let me know what you think. PJJPHC76. On top of that I also added the model badge in black.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:26 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Looks like a really nicely balanced spec (not OTT!).

Have you considered:

1. Full leather
2. Panoramic roof
3. Porsche cress embossed on seats (cheap addition and really adds a smile/something special!)
4. Tinted rear light - if you're going for black everywhere else it would look cool on the lights also
5. Tinted windows (although cannot see this as an option so maybe standard in US?).
6. Park assist with surround view (A MUST WITH A CAR THIS SIZE!).
7. Power Steering Plus - makes it easier to move around a car park.
8. ACC - especially if you have land change assist - although wow an expensive option in the US.

Have taken your sensible build and added $15k... sorry! At least get the cameras and the crests.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:33 AM
thorfun
Racer

Have taken your sensible build and added $15k... sorry!
ha ha ha.....it's so easily done!

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread