Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread - Page 119 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 06:19 PM
pietpara
User

Hi,
I can't say that ithad become worse, but I do recognise your observations. Clunkiness is less but indeed breaking more spongy at times. I have not yet discovered exactly when it is firm and when spongy. Maybe the "heuristic" is more of a short term thing... if you drive sporty for a minute it will adapt and switch back as soon as you drive more relaxed.

I don't have experience with other hybrids, except a Prius , so can't say if the hybrid management was superior. But indeed the ICE switching is now more sensitive, it seems. Just as with the yellow warning in your face for a car in front that I mentioned before. A bit annoying and totally unnecessary, I can the car in front for myself.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:56 PM
wmfrog
User

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty View Post
My car just went if to have the sun visor replaced (the little clip broke off). While it was there they also did the PDK Transmission software update. I wasn't really having any problem with the PDK except that when I was coming to a stop the shift into first gear sometimes made the car lurch forward somewhat and that could be disconcerting if I didn't have my foot on the brake hard. Now with the software update the lurch has gone away and it is very smooth. I never did hear any clunking as others have reported but I didn't like the lurching so I'm glad that has been eradicated.
My dealer claims to have never heard of PDK or brake software updates.
Do you by chance have your invoice to see what they put down for the service request?
Thanks!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:19 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
User

Originally Posted by wmfrog View Post
My dealer claims to have never heard of PDK or brake software updates.
Do you by chance have your invoice to see what they put down for the service request?
Thanks!
The reference numbers for the warranty campaign/recall for the hybrid management, brakes and steering are:
1) AJ13
2) WJ83

The steering one was apparently the urgent one, as the steering, while travelling on battery, it could momentarily lose its power assistance, which I imagine would be pretty alarming.

Wilson

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: