Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Easiest way to get to the next preset station on a 2017

Old 06-05-2017, 10:40 PM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Easiest way to get to the next preset station on a 2017

What is the easiest way to change to the next preset radio station? If the main screen is on anything else besides MEDIA. I have to push 1. MEDIA. 2. FAVORITE. 3. then scroll to one of my preset stations. I can't imagine I have to do all of this just to scroll to my next preset.

Am I missing something?

This is just one of my many issues with the current infotainment platform.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:14 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

The easiest way I have found is to configure the home screen to show a large, vertical media widget, and then to put your favorites on that widget. Your favorites (i.e. presets) will then show up as a list on the home screen, six or seven of them will fit into the large widget, and all you have to do to select one is to tap it. One click.
Another option is to program the diamond button on the steering wheel to change up to the next preset. I believe you have a choice to have it change to the next station, or the next preset, but I am not sure. Look in the menus.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:53 AM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok. Thanks, I will take a look
Old 06-09-2017, 10:50 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Zelement, I do it like you. What's even more annoying is THEN 4) you have to hit "Play" if you want to see who/what's playing...ugh!
Old 06-10-2017, 01:40 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Default Selecting Stations

Here is a picture (sorry for the poor quality) of my home screen:

The top left widget shows what's playing now, the arrows select the next station in the frequency (not necessarily a preset). The right side widget has the favorites (i.e. presets), so they can be selected directly by a single touch. Note that FM stations and satellite stations are listed together. A USB stick or SD card will get its own list of favorites on this same widget as well, if you happen to be playing from that source.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:06 PM
kmwnaz
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this idea. Why Porsche choose to use all that space for "Frequents" on the media page above "Favorites" is beyond me. The only problem, with the above solution, is it does show what channel you are on but does not show what is actually playing. Porsche could have easily made your "Favorites a left side vertical scroll of stations and on the right side, the station actually playing, artist, song and art. In fact, there is probably enough room to show what is actually playing on the station while you are scrolling. Oh well.

p.s. I could be happier if at least something scrolled my favorites and not just each station.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:20 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Originally Posted by kmwnaz
I like this idea. Why Porsche choose to use all that space for "Frequents" on the media page above "Favorites" is beyond me. The only problem, with the above solution, is it does show what channel you are on but does not show what is actually playing.
Since posting the above picture of the home screen, I found an option for the "media" tile on the home screen that DOES show the song currently playing, along with the name of the artist. The display area is small, so some names get truncated, but you usually get enough info to know what's playing. Look in the "configure home screen" mode, and try the various options for the media tile display until you find it. It is not obvious from the menus, but it is there.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:59 AM
kmwnaz
Track Day

I will. thanks.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:33 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

I have the 970.1 PCM version...do you no longer have the audio screen in the multifunction display on the instrument cluster? on these older models you can just thumb through the presets on the steering wheel. A nice and easy feature I hope they didn't get rid of.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:29 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996
I have the 970.1 PCM version...do you no longer have the audio screen in the multifunction display on the instrument cluster? on these older models you can just thumb through the presets on the steering wheel. A nice and easy feature I hope they didn't get rid of.
Unfortunately, they did get rid of that function. They left the volume adjustment on the steering wheel, but not the ability to scroll through the stations. Not the most ergonomic design.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:00 PM
kmwnaz
Track Day

Also is there not a way to select which group you want the "advance to next station" control (arrows)? I want to only advance in Favorites vs. next on Satelite List. I thought it would only advance on the stations I had in favorites but I seem to get the next station in the channel list instead.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Easiest way to get to the next preset station on a 2017