Car Detailing - PureGuard - Gtechniq Ceramic

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 09:12 AM
David Patel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Detailing - PureGuard - Gtechniq Ceramic

Hi Guys
My car has come with PureGuard 1 Kit treatment and i have a certificate which indicates it has.

the question i have is who has opted for the Gtechniq Ceramic coverign. Reading about it lots of people have and it seems worth it.

the pureguard thing was done at £400 whereas Gtechniq is a lot more. Is one definitely worth it?

my car will be more or less a daily driver and hence i definitely want what would be best.

Any thoughts?

Tx
Old 05-29-2017, 10:15 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have GTECT on both of my Porsche's. My local detailing person did the cars for around $400 each - but that is probably because I am a regular customer. I would not use the Porsche dealer - way too expensive for the same product
Old 05-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Planning on getting my car detailed professionally with Gtechniq for around £666 as an existing customer of a detailer near me. Includes removing and detailing the wheels.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the best way to do it. . I did not have my wheels taken off. My detailer wanted to, but I declined - really didn't want anyone but a technician fooling around with the wheels
J
Old 05-29-2017, 03:13 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Good point. However, the guy that I've used has a great reputation. He is a real professional and regularly works on exotica including Ferraris and GT3 RSs etc. I would honestly trust him as much as a Porsche technician when it comes to things like removing & replacing the wheels. :-)
Old 05-29-2017, 03:56 PM
David Patel
Intermediate

Wing commander, I'm assuming he is up near you?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Yep. Based near Trowbridge in Wiltshire, but some folks do travel quite some distance for his craftsmanship. Www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk
Old 05-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Tjlees
Track Day

I've used gtech ceramic via Justin exclusive car care in the U.K.

I've had it on the car for three years. It helps keep the car clean, makes cleaning easier and helps prevent whirling. Recommended as is Justin

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/

However the chip protection is very limited (if any), so if you want that I was advised to have expel or suntek paintshield.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:33 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Agreed. It is Justin's website that I included above.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

looking to have my car treated to the full GTECHNIQ Crystel Serum black coverage soon as it arrives. also think i'm going to have the front end suntek PPF kit applied. been quoted £1400-exVAT for the SunTek front end PPF. trawling other forums that seems about the going rate for full front end inc bumper, bonnet, wings, mirrors, lights etc.

interested in other experiences of PPF? worth it? all the stuff I can find on YouTube etc seems overwhelmingly positive but like all things I find myself wondering if the cost is worth it but the stone chip protection alone I think makes it worth it and the new Panamera definitely has a lot of paint in front of that windscreen.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:16 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've declined all paint treatment packages from my dealer. I had my old Aston V8 Vantage paint protected when I bought it second hand from the dealer. when I came to sell it a couple of years later it still had paint chips around the wheel arches and so I took it to be detailed. the detailer said those paint treatments aren't really worth it and after seeing his work from the detailing it looked so much better than before I bought it!
so, from now on I'm saving my money on the paint treatment and will put it towards detailing.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Tjlees
Track Day

I've used 3m venture shield, expel, suntek, gtech ceramic, lifetime shine and just good old polish.

As usual it's how you use the vehicle that for me decides the approach.

Gtech ceramic and lifetime keeps it clean for longer, makes cleaning easy and minimises whirls but provides no stonechip protection.

For my last two garage queens autogym polish (filler rather than abrasive) kept it looking surperb with little or no whirling. Very limited trackdays and motorway mileage meant the stone chips were minimal. PPF and expensive detailing/protection would have been a waste.

For my track car, which had nothing other than the mechanicals kept in A1 condition, the frame got absolutely pummelled. It will probably cost 100hrs strip down/re-assemble and a £2k powercoat. Wish I'd put on PPF.

On my load Lugger, I have pre-cut suntek on the front and doors. It's good, stopping all stone chips and nicks from parking. Even stopped a wooden gate damaging the bumper and, though the rest of mirror broke, stopped the mirror cover from getting damaged.

I now have pre-cut expel on the garage queen, because I'm going to do a lot more trackdays. So far so good.

On other-half's car, I've used pre-cut 3m venture shield - cheap and despite what people say, very good. Polishes up well. No self-heal but a hairdryer and t-cut got out a graze with a gatepost.

It's difficult to say which PPF is the best, because a lot of it is down to the installer. The expel was put on by Justin in exclusive car care. He has dust filtration, dust curtains and a heated workshop. The result was surperb. Very little stretch, one dust speck trapped and one/two air bubbles gone after two weeks.

According to Justin, expel is more difficult to work with but gives better protection particularly for track work. Suntek is less likely to suffer from stretching because it easier to apply but gives less protection.

I can certainly say that suntek is more likely to suffer from permanent stone marks compared to 3m. I've gained three or four marks in 43k compared to nothing of note over 95k with 3m.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:26 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I ve used C quartz coating myself a few times. Helps a little but If you lease like me it s not worth the cost of paying someone.
Stone chips etc are normal wear and tear on a lease program.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:47 PM
David Patel
Intermediate

Default GTechniq oR KAMAKIZE

OK SO I WAS LOOKING AT THE GEETECHBUT THEN SOMEONE SUGGESTED I MAY FIND THE KAMAKAIZE PRODUCT BETTER?

Any comments

oops soz for caps
Old 06-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Have heard numerous good reports of Gtechniq.

Not sure about Kamakaize? 🤔

Quick Reply: Car Detailing - PureGuard - Gtechniq Ceramic