Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Share your impressions of the 2017/2018 Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Rossww
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked mine up on Friday and love it! 4S/Volcanic Grey almost fully loaded.
The fingerprint magnet stuff doesn't bother me. I keep a small cloth in the console and will wipe when needed. It will help keep the inside looking clean and new.

I disagree with The other comment about needing to look at the screen to change channels. You can just turn the little **** to the right or left and push down and it accomplishes the same thing. There is a small learning curve to get use to the system, but I think I got it now.

I really do miss the voice control (had an Audi 7, which was great), but think I can adapt to "hey Siri" to make calls hands free. Though I will miss hands free nav...and not a fan of entering address in this NAV compared to the Audi

I also 100% agree with the OP's comment about the SA not knowing all of the features, but it's a brand new car...so I'll cut them some slack.

The drive on this car is insane and feels more like a small sports car than a four door saloon. It's the best driving car I've ever had (owned Audi and BMW in past) as the car just screams to be driven on an open road. Everything from the feel of the road, to the handling to the sound, especially with the exhaust in Sport mode.

My only regret is choosing the Power 14 way adjustable seats over the adaptive 18 way as I'd prefer more personal settings. I had to cut back somewhere and now wish I hadn't.

Overall, I'd give the car an A++ with the only real knock (so far) is the lack of voice control, but everything else about the car more than makes up for it.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks . . appreciate the update. . let's keep them coming!!
J
Old 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

"My only regret is choosing the Power 14 way adjustable seats over the adaptive 18 way as I'd prefer more personal settings. I had to cut back somewhere and now wish I hadn't."

I have voice control on my 2017 4S...when I ordered it, my SA said he added it ...it was a no cost option
Old 05-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

My guys have said that voice control only works with Siri on a Panamera - that there is no freestanding voice control available???
On the 911 it had to be ordered as a no cost option
J
Old 05-16-2017, 09:48 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Voice control works on mine - you just had to pick the no-charge option. You aren't missing much.

So my regret at this point is the long wait on a boat to come from Europe with it!! It's a cruel 6 weeks...
Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 PM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

Believe it or not, the screen actually doesn't pick up finger prints. The console is where all your finger prints show up.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:02 PM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Can you program the start stop to default off with the memory setting on the 4S. I forgot to check that during the test drive. I don't know if the turbo is default off but it's annoying.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:25 PM
zelement
Instructor

That would be huge! I cannot stand the auto start stop function.

Also, what kind of MPG are you guys getting?

I have not seen anything over 18mpg
Old 05-19-2017, 09:40 PM
lee_337
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

I just test drove the 4S yesterday.

I was really impressed with the flexibility of the car, it's kind of whatever you want it to be. The steering was great, the power delivery is fantastic once you are moving, it is not as snappy off the line as I was expecting, but then it is a 4000+ pound car. Once it was up to pace it was amazingly nimble and more than fast enough for my needs. The transmission was fantastic and I enjoyed how it held the gear in the corner.

Here is the car I drove;

Base - Panamera 4S
1NP - Wheel Center Caps With Colored Porsche Crest
2T - Jet Black Metallic
3Y8 - Power Sunblind For Rear Compartment Incl. Power Sunblind For Rear Side Windows
44E - 21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels
4M1 - Cupholder Covers (front)
5ZF - Porsche Crest Embossed On Headrests
8A4 - ParkAssist (Front And Rear) Incl. Surround View
9AH - 4-zone Climate Control
9JB - Smoking Package
BB - Leather Interior In Black/Bordeaux Red
P51 - Premium Package Plus
P53 - Sport Package
QE1 - Storage Package

It was a pretty well optioned car, it did have the voice control, which did not work when I tried to use it to enter several addresses. I did not try using the infotainment while driving, but it would be unfortunate if it locks when in motion. I usually use Waze for navigation though. Heads up display would be a welcome addition.

I would have been interested to see how well the Adaptive Cruse Control works, I have it in my wagon and love it. I am also wondering how well the Lane Keeping Assist works.

My lease is up in a year and a half on my BMW 3 Series wagon and it seems BMW is not importing any more wagons into North America after 2018. I like the BMW but not enough to get another, and I am not enamored with the direction of their design or driving dynamics. This is my daily driver, and I do a couple of cross country trips with my dog copilots every year. The BMW, of course does not compare to the Panamera, getting back in my little wagon was a bummer after driving the Panamera.

I am expecting delays and nonsense with any new model so I figured I would get my order in for a E-Hybrid Sport Turismo early. I am hoping for September 2019 European Delivery.

B.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

A few things for folks on this post.
Auto-stop: Set up individual settings with Auto-stop defeated. That way you will always have normal without auto-stop; in sports mode it is defeated
Voice control - works great with car play and Siri
J
Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 PM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lee_337
I just test drove the 4S yesterday.

The BMW, of course does not compare to the Panamera, getting back in my little wagon was a bummer after driving the Panamera.
i've recently handed back my 4 series Grand coupe. when i test drove the Panamera i also felt a real come down getting back into the BMW. a car that i'd previously thought was very well built and luxurious.

the Panamera is in a whole different league!
Old 05-20-2017, 08:45 PM
zelement
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
A few things for folks on this post.
Auto-stop: Set up individual settings with Auto-stop defeated. That way you will always have normal without auto-stop; in sports mode it is defeated
Voice control - works great with car play and Siri
J
Can you default to have the car start in the Individual setting each time? Is it done with pressing the key button on the door?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by zelement
Can you default to have the car start in the Individual setting each time? Is it done with pressing the key button on the door?
Yes
Old 05-21-2017, 05:30 PM
zelement
Instructor

Nice.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:08 PM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

I spec'd out a Panamera 4S in November and then switched to a Panamera Turbo configuration in December. Jet Black - with black interior - platinum satin wheels and the regular brakes. I spec'd it out pretty nicely, sports exhaust, sport chrono., etc. and I love the thing so much. I put 600 miles on it in less than a week. The power is astonishing and it's unlike anything else I have ever driven. The sports response button on the steering wheel is a very nice touch as well - the power that button releases is epic. I have previously owned a Panamera 4/4S and I can honestly say they are the best driving sedans I have ever driven. Stellar performance and looks wise IMO as well. If this car is this great I can't wait for my GT3.2 to arrive in December.

Quick Reply: Share your impressions of the 2017/2018 Panamera