Panamera 2010-Current

2017 Panamera Trapped in PDI

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 05:27 PM
AJRDU
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Panamera Trapped in PDI

The wait was finally over--or so I thought. 10 days and counting since the ship docked and no signs that my 4S is getting out of PDI purgatory anytime soon. It officially went in on 4.10 (just a little behind the anticipated date); it changed to NA15 - "Port Handling-Quality Action" and has been there ever since. The dealer has been invoiced and the car loaded into their inventory. My SA is awesome and has been extremely helpful and patient with all my questions the entire time. Apparently SAs don't have as much visibility as they did the last time I ordered a Porsche 5-6 years ago and he hasn't been able to get any information other than what the tracker shows.

Has anyone else been in NA15 status? Does anyone know if there is something they are fixing on all the cars or is mine "special" (perhaps damaged in transit?). I wish PCNA would just be more communicative to the dealers--even if they weren't to the customers. It's not a good feeling to have put down sizable money, signed paperwork, and then have no idea when your product will arrive.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same for 911 in Jax. .
Old 04-17-2017, 06:35 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

My car went through exactly the same routine. After NA15, it was at the port for just about exactly one month. That was right at the time that Porsche got the final release from the EPA to ship the cars to dealers, so I assume that my car was at the back end of the initial backlog. I would guess that the wait now should be somewhat shorter.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:43 PM
AJRDU
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fgv1it
My car went through exactly the same routine. After NA15, it was at the port for just about exactly one month. That was right at the time that Porsche got the final release from the EPA to ship the cars to dealers, so I assume that my car was at the back end of the initial backlog. I would guess that the wait now should be somewhat shorter.
With cars arriving at dealers regularly now, I'm just surprised that we are still dealing with waits. Thanks for the information. This would be a lot easier if PCNA would just say "it's going to be a while".

Quick Reply: 2017 Panamera Trapped in PDI