Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

2013 Panamera MF Steering Wheel Pinout?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM
squawbum
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 Panamera MF Steering Wheel Pinout?

Hello all. This is a multi-function steering wheel from a 2013 Panamera. The orange connector in the photo is the main connector. Does anyone have the pinout diagram for that connector or can lead me in the right direction to find the wiring diagram for that connector. I need to know which is power, ground and can high and can low, or whatever the pins may lead to.

I'm trying to retrofit that steering wheel into my 996 and get the controls to work with my head unit. I can get it to physically fit with an adapter and want to understand the wiring. I'm assuming the steering wheel buttons are CAN-bus because I took apart the steering wheel to see how the buttons worked and they're soldered directly to circuit boards-one on each side. The left circuit board is wired directly to the right circuit board and then the right circuit board is wired to the orange connector. I know 4 of those wires are for the airbag. I know the other 8 mapping to the circuit board because I took it apart and physically mapped them, but I don't know what each does. I'm assuming that the circuit board that the buttons are soldered to is some sort of integrated can-bus controller.

Anyways, any help to find the diagram would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2017, 12:54 PM
squawbum
Instructor

Anybody?

Well, by luck, I discovered what pin 1 and 7 do and 10 and 12. Pin 1 and 7 have 1 resistance, but when the PDK button is pulled they go to 0 resistance. the PDK button pull is an on/off switch to pin 1 and 7. Pin 1 also connected to the black wire that is with the airbag connectors, so I'm guessing pin 1 is a ground wire.

Pine 10 and 12 are activated when I push the PDK button. It consistently produces a resistance of 12.8 k Ohms.

I know that pins 3,4,5 and 6 are for the airbag wires.

So that leaves pins 2, 8, 9 and 11.

Interestingly, this Panamera wheel fits perfectly on the 997 clockspring I have and the wireing on this steering wheel seems to match up with the 997 wiring.

I saw a 997 diagram where pin 8 and 9 were komfort canbus high and low. anyone with canbus knowlege tell me how to test this? Is there possibly pin 2 or 11 supplying power and the other pin is for the horn? Does a canbus controller actually need a separate power supply or does it get power from the canbus high and low wires?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anyone with any idea as to what pins 2, 8, 9 and 11 do? I'm guessing horn
Old 04-05-2017, 01:13 AM
squawbum
Instructor

Bump

Quick Reply: 2013 Panamera MF Steering Wheel Pinout?