Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Carmine Red Panamera 4 Collected!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The car without rear-axle steering also doesn't feel big. That's an observation most reviewers mention.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

I wonder how many cars driven by reviewers actually don't have rear axle steering? I bet that most, if not all Porsche Centre demos have that option specced.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by thorfun
i was down at the dealership the other day finalising my spec and they had their showroom Panamera with the Piano black trim and it looked lovely. so i don't regret not going for the carbon. but, like you said, if money was no object....

I asked the guy whether the rear-axle steering was worth it and he said "what did i think?" as the demo i borrowed over a weekend had it on! to be honest, i didn't even notice it was there but i also remember thinking that the car didn't feel as big as it looked around town. I took it through the heart of London too and it didn't "feel" big. maybe that was down to the rear-axle steering and maybe without it the car would've felt bigger and less maneuverable! i took the option of having it anyway.

my spec is all locked in now with a build date of around the 8th May and delivery still penciled in for 22nd May. i can't wait and i'm keeping my fingers crossed i can get it early.

enjoy your ride!
I imagine that pretty much all demo Panameras have the rear axle steering. And probably Sport Chrono too. Certainly both demos at Tewkesbury that I drove had both of these options. I was unable to drive a car without the rear axle steering prior to my order lockdown, so I just decided to go for it! I have heard good reports of the rear axle steering in the 911.

Roll on May!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
I wonder how many cars driven by reviewers actually don't have rear axle steering? I bet that most, if not all Porsche Centre demos have that option specced.
All the ones reviewed prior to this year's model did not have it.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Yes. But I think that the new Panamera is different in lots of ways to the first generation, so maybe not too accurate to compare them directly?
Old 04-23-2017, 01:44 AM
carbabetv
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So in love!

Quick Reply: Carmine Red Panamera 4 Collected!