Panamera 2010-Current

Kudos to PCNA and Porsche of Nashville

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 05:47 PM
eamus
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kudos to PCNA and Porsche of Nashville

This is just a shout-out to PCNA and Porsche of Nashville for great customer service.

Late last week, my 54K 2011 Panamera S started showing wisps of smoke under the hood and a distinct burning odor. Almost immediately the car juddered, and threw up a red CEL and warning "Reduced Power." Fortunately I was traveling slowly so I immediately pulled over and parked to avoid damage. Even more fortunately, where there was smoke there was no fire.

I called Porsche roadside assistance and they told me that the tow would be $102 since my extended CPO warranty had expired 4 days beforehand. After a call to PCNA, however, they comp'ed the tow and sent it to the dealer. (I have had the car dealer serviced since I got it CPO with 2.5K miles on it.) The dealer diagnosed a failure of the HPFP and had the part in stock. The HPFP had a faulty seal and was leaking oil onto the exhaust, causing the burning smell. Even better, they worked with PCNA and had the car fixed under warranty even though I was out of warranty. Not a dime out of pocket, and I have my car back.

I realize that there is a potential cam adjuster bolt concern with this model, but I am not one of those who suffered a failure. This was just the HPFP.

Chalk up one for the hidden insurance in always having your car dealer-serviced, and three cheers for a dealer who puts customers first.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:04 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great story. kudos!
Old 05-05-2017, 12:04 AM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 141 Posts

Great to hear about PCNA and the dealer doing the right thing and congrats on getting things fixed up. Get ready for that Survey!
Old 05-05-2017, 09:41 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I am glad everything got resolved. One thing to note about the warranty, if the CEL or problem is in any way related to emissions, it is covered for 7 years per federal law.

PS: Likely, the problem was not related to emissions, but oil or fuel leaking onto the exhaust is a very dangerous situation. It is a recipe for disaster. Again, glad everything is taken care of.

Last edited by gago1101; 05-05-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Kudos to PCNA and Porsche of Nashville