Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Pre Purchase Inspection - is dealership ok?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 11:39 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pre Purchase Inspection - is dealership ok?

Hi all - been a long time since I posted here. I am jumping back into the game with a "new" to me 2013 Panamera GTS. Pretty excited and looked for a while but finally found colors/options I want at a reasonable price. I am surprised that the GTS seems to have a better resale value than the TT in many cases. Anyhow, the car is not local and I plan on flying to get it and drive home 10 hours. Should actually be really fun. Seller will take for a PPI in his area and at this point, he's fine taking it to the local dealership for me. Question - how are their PPI's? It's been a while for me. Am I better off having him take it to an indy wrench? Located near Cincinnati. Super excited. Stunning car IMO.

Thanks in advance,
Jon
The following users liked this post:
DogWood (06-11-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 12:22 AM
orangeblood18
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I used Auto PI for my inspection before purchasing my 2016 Panamera Turbo S. They are mobile and show up to where the vehicle is located. I am sure you have something similar to Auto PI in your city. They did a very good inspection with great detail on what they did. They give you a written report and also folow it up with a call if you have any questions and go through the report with you. I highly recommend a non-biased inspection be done to be sure there are no issues. I believe it was like a 160 point inspection. They even use an automotive stethoscope to listen to the engine for abnormal sounds. I don't think the dealership will not do that.... Good.luck!
JBRipps (06-12-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 08:54 AM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Generally I prefer a known independent over a dealer. If the dealer owns the car, I definitely would not use them for a PPI. This isn't your circumstance so I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't know Auto PI, but that was a pretty solid endorsement.
JBRipps (06-12-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 12:50 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

You want to make sure they check the paint thickness all over the car very carefully with the right instrument. This will tell you if any body repair has been done.
JBRipps (06-13-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 06:34 PM
cbenz1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Did a local dealer inspection back in the day on my 997 cab I bought. Charged me over $400 for just going over car and saying it was fine. Bought it anyway (has less than 7k miles) but going forward would have Indy or dealer I trust.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:23 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all! Getting excited, been while since I had one in the garage. Stay safe.
Jon

Quick Reply: Pre Purchase Inspection - is dealership ok?