Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Porsche Protection Plan (extended warranty) Cost

Old 03-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Chedman13
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Panamera Porsche Protection Plan (extended warranty) Cost

I just bought a 2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive and the 4 year, 48,000 miles factory Porsche Protection Plan (extended warranty, direct from Porsche) is:

3-year/36,000 miles: $6,539 with $250/deductible Platinum Coverage
4-year/48,000 miles: $7,142 with $250/deductible Platinum Coverage

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...rotectionplan/

SafeGuard, their aftermarket warranty provider was not willing to quote on it. I read somewhere online that Panamera's outside the warranty period, there are very few aftermarket warranty providers that will offer extended warranties.

I tried to negotiate and did not succeed, and ended up purchasing the 4-year/48,000 mile for $7,142 and $250/deductible (no choice for less on my car, even though I see they have $100/deductible).

To give a little insight, my car has all the service up-to-date, but has 54,000 miles on it.

I have 30 days to cancel and get my money if I wanted to.

I assume the dealership had a large markup, but wanting to see what people though overall. I couldn't even get $100 off - but I'm seeing online that people are buying these for $5k-$6k. Sometimes even $2-3k, but I'm not sure what is apples-to-apples and apples-to-oranges.

4 years at $7,142 is $1,785.50 per year of coverage.

Overall, I went with it because I want the piece of mind in case a turbo goes out, transmission, etc... and the per year cost makes sense to me.

I am posting so others get some transparency so they know what to expect if they run into my situation, and also if someone has any insight.

I've negotiated Mercedes-Benz Factory Extended Warranty's down by 20% with some effort, so seeing what type of real wiggle room there is with the Porsche warranties.

Questions:
1) What are your overall thoughts, as I am relatively new to Porsche ownership.
2) Can I cancel this and purchase this from another dealer with the VIN and save some money?
3) What is the actual mark-up on these? What would have been a good price for this warranty?

The only other pricing I could find online was:
6 years or 75K miles $4385
6 years or 100K miles $6192
7 years or 85K miles$6232
7 years or 100K miles $6796
8 years or 100K miles $7628

All with $250 deductible offered directly through Porsche for new 2016 Porsche Panamera Edition.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:52 PM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are new to Porsche ownership I would say that you had good instincts here. It is easy for one thing to break and you walk out of there $3-4k lighter in your wallet. If you like your car and want to keep it for a while, you will likely be a happy camper, as these things will happen. Not sure how many miles you have on your car but that also makes a diff on ext warranty pricing

My Panamera e-Hybrid was CPO but if not I would have sprung for a warranty, especially given all the "normal" complexity and then with electrics added on.

Now enjoy your car and sleep soundly at night.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
squawbum
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mom just got a Panamera S, 2013. It is CPO til 2019, but then got an extended warranty to kick in when the CPO expires. It is a Delta Auto Protect Diamond Premier and the dealer says that its a good one so she decided to keep it. She wont know how good it is until it goes into effect, but once the CPO expires, it will provide 5 years or an additional 60K miles from the CPO expiration. It cost 2890.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Chedman13
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for sharing, the more information on this thread, the better for future Panamera warranty buyers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera Porsche Protection Plan (extended warranty) Cost