Battery only charges in Sport or Sport Plus modes?? - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Battery only charges in Sport or Sport Plus modes??

Old 03-15-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
Zootown Pepper
New User

Default Battery only charges in Sport or Sport Plus modes??

Hello all. I just bought a 2011 Panamera Turbo two weeks ago. I drove the car home 550 miles. No problems whatsoever. Two days later I am driving to work and all hell breaks loose on the dash. Check engine, PSM fault, transmission fault lights all come on. The engine starts running poorly and shifting is messed up. Long pause then it kicks in to gear.

Short version. Faults cleared numerous times. Started with a new battery for good measure no help. Took it to my closest dealer 200 mi. Away. Ugh. They tell me it's a bad coil. I have them replace all coils and things seem to be great so I go home.

Now I noticed that when I have it in drive alone I drop down to 12.4V. When I am in drive but select sport or sport plus voltage climbs up to 14.7V immediately. De-select either and go back to normal my voltage drops again down to 12.4v. No lights or codes just low voltage.

The car only has 17k miles. First two weeks have certainly been a love hate. Anyone ever hear of this? This is a hell of a way to introduce myself to the forum. Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Zootown Pepper; 03-15-2017 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Posted mid sentence.
Zootown Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
pmichaelis
User

I bought a 2010 4S new and after about a year the computer went absolutely bonkers accusing me of all sorts of misdeeds. The dealer said that the resident software needed an update, they did that and the weird problems went away. I would suggest that you check to see if your software is the most up to date version.
pmichaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:57 PM   #3
Zootown Pepper
New User

I'd like to think the tech would have checked that while he was connected during the diagnostic. Maybe that isn't standard practice. I would be happy with something as simple as an update being the solution.
Thank you for the feedback!
Zootown Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote