Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Andy Mac
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Battery Charge

Hi,
Has anyone else experienced this???
Got my charging socket fitted yesterday. Put the car on charge and went out last night. Battery showed full at 14 miles, hadn't done much and was quickly down at 11.
Put back on charge last night and this morning, it was showing only 11 mile's charge?? Again didn't cover a lot of miles and was quickly showing 4/5 miles down???

ATB

Andy

Is this common or something a miss with the battery
Old 03-09-2019, 11:35 AM
cbwinters01
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it's common with mine... if i turn on heater/heated seats/heated steering wheel, a/c, etc., mine almost instantly drops a couple of miles range. if it is really cold outside, it is even worse. drive up a couple of hills at a decent speed and you know the rest...
my understanding is that the car remembers your last drive so will reflect a similar range when fully charged. go out and drive it like a granny, on a flat road, in warm weather, with no power sucking devices on for a while and the next time you charge up it will go back to the higher range.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Andy Mac
Track Day

Thanks,
will do....

Andy
Old 03-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Andy Mac
Track Day

Got it booked in on the 28th, under the warranty. Get them to have a look at it....

Andy
Old 03-09-2019, 02:21 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The range indicator on the dash doesn't mean anything. The actual range of the car is going to depend on how you drive it and the conditions you're driving in. So obviously the car is making an estimate because the car cannot predict the future. Its really no different than the range till empty display on a gas engine car. The range being much shorter on electric the variables have a greater effect . I can tell you that you will never get the full advertised range of the vehicle unless you drive it like a complete *** with no regard for the flow of traffic or your own comfort.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Andy Mac
Track Day

Originally Posted by PTEC
The range indicator on the dash doesn't mean anything. The actual range of the car is going to depend on how you drive it and the conditions you're driving in. So obviously the car is making an estimate because the car cannot predict the future. Its really no different than the range till empty display on a gas engine car. The range being much shorter on electric the variables have a greater effect . I can tell you that you will never get the full advertised range of the vehicle unless you drive it like a complete *** with no regard for the flow of traffic or your own comfort.
Hi,
Can appreciate what you've said. Bit would like to think that I could at least reach double figures on a full charge driving conservatively
Old 03-16-2019, 10:01 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Mac
Hi,
Can appreciate what you've said. Bit would like to think that I could at least reach double figures on a full charge driving conservatively
That should be doable if you are driving conservatively. Reset your trip odometer and see what you can actually get after a full charge, dont pay any attention to the "range" display.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:12 AM
Andy Mac
Track Day

Originally Posted by PTEC
That should be doable if you are driving conservatively. Reset your trip odometer and see what you can actually get after a full charge, dont pay any attention to the "range" display.
will do. On a 20 mile trip to work I got 15.5 on the battery. A combination of the initial charge 12 miles and the engine charging the battery on the mway.

Quick Reply: Battery Charge