Panamera 2010-Current

XM Favorites WITH artist and track in 1 or 2 steps

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 07:38 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default XM Favorites WITH artist and track in 1 or 2 steps

Can anyone guide me into how I can get 1/2 touch programming a SiriusXM station into my Favorites that shows everything i.e. station, artist, track, etc instead of having to press Media, Favorites, then PLAY to see who, what etc? That's 3 steps which I have to believe I can get into 1 or 2 max? Just took delivery of '19 PTT. I have all my stations programmed in but then have to press Play again four more info. Nobody at dealership understands this stuff, which is mind-boggling in and of itself.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:06 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Yes. This is from the 9Y0, new Cayenne forum. You can customize you home screen. Here is a screen capture from a member there.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:29 PM
kmwnaz
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This must be exclusive to the Cayenne as I cannot find a 3 square widget or a way to place "favorites" into anything I do find? My only choices are "Media" and you basically get the square shown on the far left in your pic.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:27 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

PCM Home Screen - 2017 Panamera 4S

This screen is from a '17 Panamera, so I'm pretty sure that it is possible to replicate in all second-generation Panameras. The tile with the song and artist's name is a little small, so some names get truncated, but it usually shows enough information to know what's playing. To get it, tap on the three lines at the top of the screen, and then go into the "configure home screen" mode. Fool around with all the options there (too many to remember or mention here) until you get what you want, or at least a reasonable approximation. Good luck, and have fun!
Old 03-16-2019, 12:40 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmwnaz
This must be exclusive to the Cayenne as I cannot find a 3 square widget or a way to place "favorites" into anything I do find? My only choices are "Media" and you basically get the square shown on the far left in your pic.
Go to the 2019 Cayenne forum and you'll see instructions on the post (Screen set up) that displays the screen with the 3 tiled screen. I am very technologically challenged and I was able to do this on my '19 Pano Turbo, much to my amazement. As a matter of fact, here are his instructions:

I've had a couple of people ask how to configure the home screen into this format.

1) On the PCM, activate the home icon in the upper left-hand corner. Go to the dropdown menu and select Configure Home
2) On the Configure Home page, select the + button to create a new home screen layout
3) Layout tiles (in this case three large)
4) Drop in content into each respective tile from listed options on left column (in the case select Media in two of the tiles)
5) Toggle content within each tile to get preferred layout and confirm

Now each time the home screen is activated, the saved layout is displayed (you can also toggle between various saved layouts by going back to the Configure Home menu).
Old 03-16-2019, 01:39 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Yes. I should have pasted in the instructions in my post above. In addition to the instructions above, basically after you create the 3 large tile sections, drag media to the left and center, then nav to the right. Media has 3 or 4 layout views. So the center one needs to have favorites as the layout view.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:18 PM
kmwnaz
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the explanation and instructions. Very helpful. I got it dialed in now.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:30 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by KenU
Go to the 2019 Cayenne forum and you'll see instructions on the post (Screen set up) that displays the screen with the 3 tiled screen. I am very technologically challenged and I was able to do this on my '19 Pano Turbo, much to my amazement. As a matter of fact, here are his instructions:

I've had a couple of people ask how to configure the home screen into this format.

1) On the PCM, activate the home icon in the upper left-hand corner. Go to the dropdown menu and select Configure Home
2) On the Configure Home page, select the + button to create a new home screen layout
3) Layout tiles (in this case three large)
4) Drop in content into each respective tile from listed options on left column (in the case select Media in two of the tiles)
5) Toggle content within each tile to get preferred layout and confirm

Now each time the home screen is activated, the saved layout is displayed (you can also toggle between various saved layouts by going back to the Configure Home menu).
Id like to do this but I don’t have a + button once in the configure screens. I have 5 home screen layouts already preprogrammed. Maybe that’s the issue? I can’t seem to completely delete a layout, only the individual widgets within the existing layout.

Quick Reply: XM Favorites WITH artist and track in 1 or 2 steps