Panamera 2010-Current

The new Panamera Sport Turismo

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Hopefully your 5th family member is only small as the fifth seat is very tight, hence Porsche call it a 4+1, rather than a proper five seater.
I sat in the 5th seat at Geneva, and it really is small. Problem I think is that there is zero legroom in front of it, because of the tunnel.

So, you have to put a leg either side of the tunnel, and if you put a small kid there, I'm not even sure if their legs would be long enough to get one either side of the tunnel and to the floor. So, definitely no room for a child seat and nowhere for short legs to go.

An adult can sit there as I did, get a leg either side of the tunnel, but obviously that encroaches into the other rear passengers footwell.

It is a bit disappointing to me - almost not worth having at all, but given I have 4 kids, it might be useful from time to time. Not sure if it's comfortable enough for a long trip, even for kids.

Still getting one, Turbo, around Q4 this year, but not quite as functional as I'd hoped - just a bit better (looking as well) than the sedan.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:08 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I love it. We are taking orders on them right now. I have always said this is the car they should have built from the beginning.

I am debating whether to get Chalk with the Black and Chalk interior...That is what I saw in Weissach a few months ago and I loved it.
What type/color wheels was on the chalk car you saw?
Old 03-11-2017, 02:22 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by KenU
What type/color wheels was on the chalk car you saw?
painted platinum 21" sport design wheels
Old 03-11-2017, 08:49 AM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

painted platinum 21" sport design wheels
Did you happen to take any photos of that car (phone or other?)

Sounds very nice!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I absolutely love it. The wife has always wanted a Panamera, now I want one too!
This is one I'll need to get.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
I want one! No, not to replace my 911S but to replace my Infiniti FX. I would rather have a Panamera Sport Turismo than a Macan. (I need a five seater for my family of five!)
Have a look at some of the video and pictures as this is definitely not a five seater. Also, the trunk space increase over the standard model is minimal.

It's a great car - long overdue but not a good option for those that need a true 5 seater.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:37 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I kinda like what i see. Will need to see them in the flesh.
Either way it is a much needed improvement over the outgoing Panny.
The Turismo appears to be a hot wagon.

If you are a wagon person, the Turismo has to be THE wagon to have.

It is very much Macan rear.
Again, i have to see one of these things up close and personal.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

I love it. We are taking orders on them right now. I have always said this is the car they should have built from the beginning.
Agreed. Do you know if they'll offer a red/black interior option in U.S. It's in online images but not the configurator.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:51 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Hopefully your 5th family member is only small as the fifth seat is very tight, hence Porsche call it a 4+1, rather than a proper five seater.
We are on the small side...
Old 03-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Have a look at some of the video and pictures as this is definitely not a five seater. Also, the trunk space increase over the standard model is minimal.

It's a great car - long overdue but not a good option for those that need a true 5 seater.
I only need an occasional five seater...and the backseat in my FX35 isn't exactly big, either LOL. I think this would work for us! (Besides, we are on the small side LOL)
Old 03-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,177 Likes on 433 Posts

Old 03-22-2017, 06:54 PM
XT6Wagon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
I sat in the 5th seat at Geneva, and it really is small. Problem I think is that there is zero legroom in front of it, because of the tunnel.
I don't get why the Sport Turismo isn't based on the executive wheelbase. It would make the 4+1 somewhat sensible, and justify the price increase much better. Then they would still be able to charge on top for the fancier rear seats or other normal executive features if the customer wanted.

Right now it feels like a very expensive option where they remove features instead of add them.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:40 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by XT6Wagon
I don't get why the Sport Turismo isn't based on the executive wheelbase. It would make the 4+1 somewhat sensible, and justify the price increase much better. Then they would still be able to charge on top for the fancier rear seats or other normal executive features if the customer wanted.

Right now it feels like a very expensive option where they remove features instead of add them.
It's based on a Porsche designed but shared chassis which VW are letting others in the group use, I think the sizing is what it is for that reason, though at some point we might see a LWB version.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:45 AM
peter7
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we miss the Avant, the current All Road is based on A4, not near the size of the previous Avant.

Quick Reply: The new Panamera Sport Turismo