Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Sport Turismo Has Landed!...

Old 04-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Pictures were for comparison purposes, regarding the debate of whether folks prefer the shape of the Sport Turismo or the saloon version :-)
Old 04-29-2017, 06:07 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I WANT that Sport Turismo. BAD! Probably in a 4S.

I wished they had more interior/exterior color combinations in the USA configurator. I'm a big fan of the beige/black two-tone interior as I have it in my CD, and it works well with the Carmine Red.

But I don't like mixing warm color interiors with cool color exteriors (and vice-versa), and the only warm exterior is the burgundy.... um... which I wouldn't do even with a gun held to my head.

Agree with some previous posters that Agate Grey is the best of the currently available colors and I think it'd look great with the red and black two-tone interior, BUT!!! that's not available on the configurator for the Panny ST. AAAARGH!!!

My dealer told me that there weren't going to have that many allocations for the ST for 2018. Maybe only a few hundred for the whole USA. 2018 will be kind of a testing the waters year for Porsche to see what kind of reception/demand it gets, and will decide on it's availability stateside accordingly.

But I'm still on the fence. Love it, love it, love it. I'm a huge power euro wagon fan. But paying full msrp, depreciation's gonna be a b!tch. There goes my check from my dieselgate settlement, lol. It'd be great to REPLACE the Cayenne with it, but no way due to the disparity in interior volume.

Dammit!
Old 04-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No red/black on U.K. Configurator yet either. I'd like to see it on there before ordering later this year. (Slot for Q4).
The pano roof is a compulsory (cost) option now, until late 2018 at the earliest. Annoying, as I wouldn't have bothered.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:40 PM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

MC90 What did you decide with build? My order is in for a 4S in GT Silver with Truffle Brown interior. Sept allocation with scheduled delivery in Nov!
Old 07-02-2017, 01:52 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Heading to dealer in the next week or two to drive a (regular) 4 and 4S, then putting my order in for the ST.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:31 PM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MC90
At first I wasn't to exited about this car as I assumed it was a four seater like the normal Panamera, but when i read it was a five seater I got super exited! I was straight on the phone to my Porsche dealer to order one. So around October I'm going to be a owner of a Turbo Sport Tourismo.

Now I just need to decide on the spec. Right now I'm torn between GT Silver and Carrara White, both with black 21-inch wheels. Think both specs really look good. Interior wise I'm very interested in the new Club leather option in Truffle Brown.

So what did you decide? I've ordered a 4S in GT Silver with Truffle. I have a Sept allocation with scheduled delivery in mid-Nov, but have now been told (by my SA and by Porsche Exclusive) that neither of the Club Leathers will be available until Oct production and later, which will delay my vehicle until at least mid-Dec. I considered switching to Black/Chalk interior, but really like the Truffle, so I guess I'll wait.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:39 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Waiting for what you really want is always worth it, it's a few months versus years of ownership with your exact chosen car. Truffle looks beautiful anyway
Old 08-02-2017, 04:26 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one awesome looking build (silver please)!

Don't forget though, it is not really a 5 seater for daily use. In a pinch for a 10 minute drive but that's about it.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
That is one awesome looking build (silver please)!

Don't forget though, it is not really a 5 seater for daily use. In a pinch for a 10 minute drive but that's about it.

+1. It is called a 4 +1 even by Porsche themselves!

Middle seat for occasional use by a small child with short legs.

By all means buy the Sport Turismo because you love the styling, but not because it's a full four seater (which it isn't) or because it's a full-on estate car/station wagon (which it isn't).
Old 08-12-2017, 02:21 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CowboyRoy
Exactly why I ordered mine with rear buckets.
After sitting in the back to try out, I agree the middle seat is pretty useless most of the time. Having said that, is there a spec or functional benefit of the buckets, instead of keeping the 4.5 seat option?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera Sport Turismo Has Landed!...