Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Is your 2017 Panamera sitting at a port in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 10:55 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

The matrix headlights have not been approved for use in the US. Porsche has a notice to that effect in their configurator. On US cars that are ordered with the option, the matrix function is disabled. That means that the 84 LED's that make up each headlight effectively function as a single light source, instead of 84 separate ones. All other functions of the PDLS+ option remain, the most important for me being the high beam assistant. I ordered my car with the option, even though I knew that the matrix lights would not work. I believe that the disabling of the function is done through a software change at the factory, and it should not have anything to do with the "hold" at the ports of entry.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. .
1) Greg - The Panamera Lights are different than the 911's
2) FGV - did your dealer tell you or did you find out whether the software can be reversed after delivery? And whether DOT will likely approve in the future??
I ordered for the same reasons, to work with night vision assist
J
Old 03-01-2017, 11:17 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Jonathan,
I have not discussed the matrix lights with my dealer, so I don't know whether or not they can be activated after delivery. However, the thought has crossed my mind...A good independent shop with a PIWIS should be able to get into the car's factory settings to see if it can be done.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by fgv1it
The matrix headlights have not been approved for use in the US. Porsche has a notice to that effect in their configurator. On US cars that are ordered with the option, the matrix function is disabled. That means that the 84 LED's that make up each headlight effectively function as a single light source, instead of 84 separate ones. All other functions of the PDLS+ option remain, the most important for me being the high beam assistant. I ordered my car with the option, even though I knew that the matrix lights would not work. I believe that the disabling of the function is done through a software change at the factory, and it should not have anything to do with the "hold" at the ports of entry.
I ordered it also because of the night vision assist and the above is what I was told by my dealer. I was also told that in the future it could be enabled remotely, without bringing it back to the dealer.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:19 PM
burgersa
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's official. Porsche received its 2017 Panamera EPA certificate on 03/08/2017, and 2017 Panamera's are now certified. How soon the VPC's prep and deliver them is another matter.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 PM
kotsumu
Track Day

I have a question, why is night vision important for PDLS+? I thought PDLS matrix works stand alone.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:47 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

No longer at port!
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2017, 05:19 AM
burgersa
AutoX

Porsche filed for EPA certification on 02/28/2017, and received it on Wednesday, March 8th for the Turbo models, and on 03/09/2017 for the 4s's (I verified this with the EPA administrator for Import/Export vehicles). So it appears, in my opinion, that is was Porsche, not the EPA, responsible for the late rollout date. That seems to coincide, again in my opinion, with all of the dealers stating mid March for the date cars will start arriving at the dealers. I received verification Tuesday from my dealers zone rep, while on a conference call in my dealer's General Managers office, that only the 4s's are being delivered at this time. It was stated that there is an indefinite hold on the Turbo models and that they are not being delivered at this time. Just the 4s's. Problems? Or just Porsche's internal schedule? I have had a black/black Turbo on order since 07/26/2016, with a large deposit. I am suspicious of Porsche's motivation behind these delays. PCNA is much too secretive and does not appear to have empathy with its new vehicle purchasers, which seems counterproductive to the claims that they advertise. It may be weeks or months before my Panamera Turbo is Monroney'ed and delivered. Its been in JAX port since 02/24/2017. I am disillusioned, to say the least.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:35 AM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by burgersa
PCNA is much too secretive and does not appear to have empathy with its new vehicle purchasers, which seems counterproductive to the claims that they advertise. It may be weeks or months before my Panamera Turbo is Monroney'ed and delivered. Its been in JAX port since 02/24/2017. I am disillusioned, to say the least.
+1
I feel the same way, I have a 911 being delayed and not getting any love from Porsche.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:24 PM
yurigagarin
Intermediate

I was told it my car would be in last week, now next week. my feeling is that i won't see it until april. Probably has lost the new car smell sitting in the port since january
Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Mine smelled new car glorious when I picked up last Tuesday and still smells great today, and it had been at the port since January 5th. Don't give up hope!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:37 AM
fgv1it
Racer

I am in the same boat. My car was "expected" at the dealer on March 17 according to the tracking report, but never showed up. Now the dealer doesn't know when it might arrive. Information flow along the supply chain doesn't seem to be a Porsche strength.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 AM
AJRDU
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fgv1it
I am in the same boat. My car was "expected" at the dealer on March 17 according to the tracking report, but never showed up. Now the dealer doesn't know when it might arrive. Information flow along the supply chain doesn't seem to be a Porsche strength.
Are you waiting on a 4S as well? I guess the good news is that yours made it to the US. Mine has been finished and in Emden awaiting transport for weeks. I remember waiting for my Cayenne to arrive via transport to the dealer. It was expected on a Friday but didn't arrive until the following Tuesday because the driver had an emergency and drove the truckload of cars to his home to spend the weekend before bringing them to the dealer. Sometimes strange things happen.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 AM
XT6Wagon
Intermediate

How long is the Panamera from the back of the front seats to the rear hatch? I haven't been able to find any info on what the 2017 is like with the seats folded. Plenty easy to find out all the headline features most people care about but apparently no one buys a hatchback Porsche to use as a hatchback.

They didn't let anyone get in the one at the autoshow, and the local dealer didn't have one around the last time I asked them.

Quick Reply: Is your 2017 Panamera sitting at a port in the US?