Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4S Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM
armin_kh
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera 4S Maintenance

I'm planning to buy a certified Panamera 4s, 2010, 2011 with 50,000 miles. My only worry is the maintenance. However, for the same price, I can buy a certified 2014 CLS550 with 30,000 miles, which is a newer car with lower miles. I'd appreciate it if somebody could give me information about the maintenance cost of Panamera 4S V8?
Old 02-06-2017, 05:18 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

as long as it s a CPO...
Old 02-07-2017, 11:00 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

If you are worried about maintenance, don't get a Porsche, easily 2-3x that of a Lexus or Mercedes. Call a Porsche dealer for cost of 60k miles service interval or a brake job and you will understand.

High maintenance cost is a reason why Panamera, Cayenne etc falls so fast and hard in price.....

If you buy used, get confirmation it had the 40k service, over 2k....
Old 02-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Rossww
Intermediate

Although I just purchased my first Porsche and it's not even in yet, I was concerned about the maintenance costs and frequency as well. I live in NY and was given the names of two local "Porsche" experts who will service the car at a much lower price than the dealer with the same or better care. You should try and find someone similar in your area if possible.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:48 PM
cerbomark
Racer

when I had my 911 and was on those forums there were a lot more people who did their own services... I still do and maybe that s not an option for some. Changing oil, brakes etc is not rocket science but Porsche assumes that all owners have deep pockets....
I will do DIY posts here when I change my oil, brake fluid, spark plugs etc...
Old 02-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

A new Panamera should be serviced every two years or 20,000 miles, whichever comes sooner. The danger of using a non-Porsche Centre for servicing, especially for a newer Porsche, is that you would reduce its resale or trade in value, compared to one that has been serviced by a Porsche Centre.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:34 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
A new Panamera should be serviced every two years or 20,000 miles, whichever comes sooner. The danger of using a non-Porsche Centre for servicing, especially for a newer Porsche, is that you would reduce its resale or trade in value, compared to one that has been serviced by a Porsche Centre.
Just my 2 cents but I don t believe that.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

If I was looking to buy a used Porsche, and I found two identical cars, one with a fully stamped up service book from an official Porsche Centre, and one serviced by a non-franchised mechanic, I know which car I'd choose, and be happy to pay a little extra. There may also be a possible impact on warranty claims, if not serviced at a Porsche Centre. At least that is how things work here in the UK.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

No matter who did it I wouldn't buy a car that was only serviced every 2 years/20k miles. Oil changes should be done every year.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Oekun1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cerbomark
when I had my 911 and was on those forums there were a lot more people who did their own services... I still do and maybe that s not an option for some. Changing oil, brakes etc is not rocket science but Porsche assumes that all owners have deep pockets....
I will do DIY posts here when I change my oil, brake fluid, spark plugs etc...
I'm with you...most of what customers pay for can easily be accomplished if one is willing to do the work themselves. Owning a Durametric also helps so you're not completely in the dark when issues arise.

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
I see where you're going with this and don't fully disagree, but I would say that value talking to an honest owner of a car that handles all the maintenance who can provide the necessary documentation

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
No matter who did it I wouldn't buy a car that was only serviced every 2 years/20k miles. Oil changes should be done every year.

Agreed...especially if its a daily driver.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:31 AM
ksh937
Cruisin'

How much does an average oil change cost for a Panamera? What about the interval service appointments like 20,000 or 60,000? And any other notable and/or routine maintenance?
Old 10-23-2017, 02:52 PM
rawbar
Rennlist Member

Just following up on this older thread. I bought a 996TTS w/50k miles about 6 months ago and the maintenance costs have been killing me. Plugs, coils, water pump, alternator, broken cable in the convertible top. I'm into it for $4-5k already and now it has (very minor) leaks in the front radiators where the metal meets the plastic. Every time I drive it into the independent shop it's a 4 figure repair bill.

By way of comparison, my E46 M3 (which I have serviced at the same shop) is FAR cheaper when it comes to parts and the amount of time it takes to replace them.

I'm selling the 996 and replacing it with something more family friendly and I'd really like to consider a Panamera but the 996 maintenance has me concerned the Panamera will be comparable. It's only logical that parts are no cheaper, but I thought this was an appropriate thread to ask for opinions rather than starting a whole new one.

Thanks for sharing any of your experiences.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:04 PM
ksh937
Cruisin'

So I've had the 2012 Panamera Turbo for about 8 months now. I had the major 4 year maintenance done when I got it and drive it every day (about 50 miles total). I got an oil change (2nd of the year) about a week ago. So far so good.

The only thing I'd recommend is making sure you do a thorough PPI beforehand and a service checkup at a reputable shop after you get the car. But in general, maintenance for a Porsche is really expensive so you should just be prepared. I used to have an E92 M3 and it was much cheaper, but again, it wasn't a Porsche.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:38 PM
rawbar
Rennlist Member

Thanks very much for the reality check ksh. I've learned I don't have the constitution for the Porsche repair bills, so I think now that I've checked owning one off my bucket list, it's time to move on.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:33 PM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Rawbar, I would think that as long as you got a car that wasn't a lemon, or prone to having things break/fail, normal maintenance shouldn't be that bad.

I don't know yet, but we're expecting my wife's 2018 Panamera in January. It can't be any more than my Ferrari. In four years I've only had to do fluid changes (it does take 2 filters and 13 qts of oil). The belts need to be done and that's coming up this spring, but $2K isn't bad every 5 years. Oh I did have one of the 2 fuel pumps go, but even that wasn't too costly.

When I was buying my car I was told it wasn't whether you could afford to buy a Ferrari, but whether you could afford to maintain one. Frankly I think that saying is out of date for modern Ferraris. I think it was more the case with the 70's and 80's models, the ones where you had to pull the engine to do most repairs and maintenance.

I bet Panameras are in the same category as other modern high performance cars. I guess the key is just hopefully don't get a lemon.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4S Maintenance