Front end shacks

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 01:54 PM
SQPana
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end shacks

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Ok I put my 22" rims on my 2010 Panamera S about 2 weeks ago. Looks amazing and ride is smooth but you can feel a bit more of the raod imperfections. 265/30/22 front on a 22x9 rim and 305/25/22 out back on a 22x11 rim.

Now here is the crazy part. It rained last week here and was driving her and the steering wheel started to shake around 65 mph. I was like wow the weight from the wheel balance had came off as before that day it was smooth as silk. So i took it to a tire shop and had both front rims re-balanced. And all was fine. No rain for the next few days.

Yesterday was my wife's birthday so took her to a concert in Alabama last night. So on the driver there no rain and she was beautiful it sprinkled a little but no heacy rain. Now on the way back it was cominf down nicely and the front end started to shake again around 67 mph.

Now strange thing is we stop for gas and inspected the rims and all the weights sim to be there that i watched the tire guy put on. But i could have missed something.
So we jumped back on the express way and all was fine smooth, but the rain had stated in the area we where in and the roads where not as wet. About 40 miles later rain started back and the front end shake came back. This is one of the craziest thing i seen.

Here is what been done to the car in the last month.

New brakes and rotors front to back.

New plugs and coils.

Now here is somethings i noticed with the car. Going over say speed bumps the front suspension squeaks. When in rain after the car seat and drive it the breaks make a very loud squeak sound. Not a scrubbing sound but a loud squeaking sound.

Also i can't say if it did the shaking in the rain when the factory 19's was on it as it had not rained here since i had the car with the factory setup. Only had her since the 9th of November.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:13 PM
SQPana
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok after reading the below thread this could be my issues as well seems as 22" are a bit hard to get balanced correctly. Need to look for some one the has the correct balancer

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...-60-80mph.html

Last edited by SQPana; 01-01-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Oekun1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It very well could also be your tires and their performance related to rain. If the car is performing as desired on dry land then the only other variable is the weather/rain.

Quick Reply: Front end shacks