Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4S or e-Hybrid?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 11:12 PM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XT6Wagon
Its all programming, I'm pretty sure most people will just use it as a straight hybrid with plug in ability without playing with any of the specialty modes.

The Inno Drive option is going to be popular I think with the people who often use the car in longer drives with mixed conditions since it can plan engine vs electric well ahead of your current position. Should be the best adaptive cruise control on the market, and maximize the MPG without fiddling with the different modes yourself.
Huhh? What are you referring to? Based on this, it appears that you are an actual owner of this vehicle with some sort of special knowledge of functions that are undocumented. Do tell.

It seems unfair that so many of us dumb P-car owners would pay so dearly for cars that only a few select people actually understand. You are one of them. Please educate us as to how to hack our cars to make them great.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:48 AM
XT6Wagon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't own one (yet), doing research on it. I highly approve of the modes with detail differences for the edge cases that benefit from them.

However, I might be projecting my inner lazy here... but I don't see buyers of a $100K car being fans of playing with buttons over it just working. Also why I'm guessing there is far more focus on presenting the car as a hybrid with plug in ability vs cars like the Chevy Volt where they push the plug in aspect as its key feature.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:07 PM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XT6Wagon
Don't own one (yet), doing research on it. I highly approve of the modes with detail differences for the edge cases that benefit from them.

However, I might be projecting my inner lazy here... but I don't see buyers of a $100K car being fans of playing with buttons over it just working. Also why I'm guessing there is far more focus on presenting the car as a hybrid with plug in ability vs cars like the Chevy Volt where they push the plug in aspect as its key feature.
I don't think your idea would be out of the realm of possibility. I would say that this car is already a bit ridiculously complex and if they do that, the redundant (unnecessary) nature of that "feature" would be just over the top.

I am just glad that I have 3.5 years of CPO to deal with this stuff!

Quick Reply: Panamera 4S or e-Hybrid?!?