Panamera 2010-Current

New to Porsche - just brought used 4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:56 AM
frank_
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Porsche - just brought used 4S

I just brought from a non-porsche dealer, a 2013 4S. Clean Carfax. 48,000 miles. Service record seems clean judging by the book/stamps - about every 11k miles so 4 services.

I've brought it, subject to a clean inspection on Wednesday (being done by Porsche dealer in Atlanta).

It cost about $45k and is in very good condition. It is extremely clean/great condition all around, inside and out. I test drove it twice but we all know that only goes so far!

So, given I am buying from a non-porsche dealer, I think I ought to buy a Warranty - I'm just that kind of person. I was quoted $4k to go with GWC but there's no-way I'm buying from them.

So, the questions are simple;

1. Would you buy a warranty?
2. If so, who are the top guys (and I don't mind paying a bit more for piece of mind)?
3. I'm going to ask the Porsche dealer to quote if they will give me a warranty
4. I'm going to ask the Porsche dealer if they will check the service record too.

I suspect I'll keep it for 18 months and sell on with the warranty and upgrade to a GTS (my wish list car) but may just keep it as I'm already in love with it!! My last car was a new AMG S55, which I brought in 2002 and 15 years on, it's still going strong (at 128,000 miles)
Old 12-19-2016, 12:23 PM
4ng crcs
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm in a similar boat.
I just bought a 14 4 with 18k miles that has some curb rash on the wheels and
beige carpeting that needs some cleaning, but is otherwise in great shape.
This was a lease return of a one-owner company car with mostly highway mileage, so feels pretty new.
I've used Fidelity for extended warranties in the past and have been happy with their service, especially on my 04 RS6 after they covered somewhere in the $13k
neighborhood for a $3800 investment.
I'm not familiar with any of the other warranty companies.
Good luck with your car and with your shopping!
Old 12-23-2016, 06:22 PM
pannystef
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Frank on your purchase. I too just closed the deal on a panamera but I wasn't brave enough to go non CPO. The price you paid is amazing so I would suggest get a warranty for piece of mind.

From all of my research, the fidelity platinum plan is best but the car still has to be under the factory warranty to qualify which based on your year and mileage you should be good.

I found Troy from fd-warranty.com to be the most knowledgeable and helpful with the best pricing. Definitely reach out to him:

tdietrich@fd-warranty.com
413-772-0989

Quick Reply: New to Porsche - just brought used 4S