Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Reliability difference between first gen and facelifts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Moisidis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliability difference between first gen and facelifts!

Aloha fellas!

I am currently searching around for a panamera. Still between a turbo and a 4s (both of them pre-owned) ...

I guess it will depend on the deal I get at that moment.

Thing is that, I've been told to wait till february so the prices go further down on pre-owned cars.

So the question is, are the facelift models a lot more reliable than the first gen ones?
Are they both ok?
Should I buy a fully loaded Turbo 2012 or a medium loaded 4s facelift?
Can't make up my mind.
(will be doing loads of long distance trips in it so, consider that as well).

THanks in advance fellas.

Would love to hear from you!
Old 11-21-2016, 08:52 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a 15 Pana 4 and had a 911 prior. I am enjoying using this car even in the two snow storms we have had already this year. With 13,000 miles I have had zero trips back to the dealer. Reading a lot here and seeing issues mostly with older years. Not sure if this is because of the age in service or better quality moving forward. IMO I would own nothing in a Panamera with out a warranty. Just read some of the stories on here about repair bills. I think older ones have been plagued with front end issues? They may be far and few but I don t want to roll those dice. I would go with the newest, warrantied car you can afford. It seems to me that as the Pana model was born in 2009 that they have gotten the bugs out as they have gone along. I m sure others who have older ones will report their lack of issues too. If a 4S has got enough power for you then that s the one I d pick so you can get newer car.

Quick Reply: Reliability difference between first gen and facelifts!