Panamera 2010-Current

How to open hood ? 2010 Panamera

Old 09-23-2016, 06:05 PM
TRE Cup
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to open hood ? 2010 Panamera

Hello
We have a 2010 Panamera in the shop. The manual hood latch release (interior lever) SEEMS to actuate the release of the hood, but it does not ! Gentle prying , while pulling the release lever , does not work.
Checking the owners manual and the Pet (parts) program, there is no provision for an emergency release as on other Porsche models. Plenty on the rear hatch, but nothing up front
We checked another Pana and the latch has no provisions, readily seen, for a secondary release

Anyone have this problem before?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:57 PM
mongo747
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this problem, with my 2011, did you ever figure it out? I am thinking through the front grill, hoping I can hit a moving part of the level to get it opened. Call 3 Porsche shops, 2 had no idea, 1 said, hopefully for $400, didn't even include fixing the cable, just to get it opened.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:04 PM
mongo747
Intermediate

Figured it out. The plastic retainer clip was broke on my hood release, so my cable just came out. Took out front grill, push hand through air scoop for radiator, was able to reach around and put the cable back in.
The following users liked this post:
LXV65 Porsche (05-23-2023)
Old 09-16-2018, 05:30 AM
Erikhofmann
3rd Gear

Default Question

Originally Posted by mongo747
Figured it out. The plastic retainer clip was broke on my hood release, so my cable just came out. Took out front grill, push hand through air scoop for radiator, was able to reach around and put the cable back in.
I have the same problem with the Panamera.. How do you get out the front grill?

Thank you!
Old 09-16-2018, 11:32 AM
mongo747
Intermediate

If you posted 2 days ago, I could have had pictures.
Drop the big cover under the engine, then start on one of the sides of the grill. Theres a big tap that locks in the corners, use flat tip plastic pry bar (small 3/4 inch), push on grill, and pry it, don’t remember if its in out to pry. Once you get that one, use pry bar, other tabs release easier.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:03 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Have you found this thread elsewhere?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Erikhofmann
3rd Gear

Default Open hood

I thought to include some pictures here how we opened the hood. This was the method that worked best for us when the cable had been shaken and was not possible to attach again. Hope this can help someone later with the same problem.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Erikhofmann
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Erikhofmann
I thought to include some pictures here how we opened the hood. This was the method that worked best for us when the cable had been shaken and was not possible to attach again. Hope this can help someone later with the same problem.

Old 05-15-2023, 10:38 AM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

I have the same problem with the Panamera.. How do you get out the front grill?

Thank you!
I see no visible way to get front grill off in order to release the hood boner lever my handle
inside is not connected to the pull hood wire it came
off somehow over night
Old 05-15-2023, 10:46 AM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Originally Posted by mongo747
is this a Panamera your talking about the grille removed while hood locked shut how are I doing that because I can’t see a way to take my grill off while car locked and if so that means any one can just come take your grill I’m really starting to really dislike Porsche period I also have a Cayenne and same hood release issues 😖😩why our Porsche sales these cheap cars for so much they break over night just sitting in the garage ugh so frustrating with Porsche rn I hate Porsche rn I lost days of work now backed up on bills not
incl the repair cost or finding any one who know how to get my bonnet open on this $80,000 which I neon or Honda is more reliable 😔I’m so heart broken Porsche
Old 05-15-2023, 11:10 AM
Panamera2014
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Same issue with my Porsche Panamera hood. The cable that releases the hood came loose. I tried to get through the front grill but arms want fit. How could anyone get through that small area? Someone please help.

Last edited by Panamera2014; 05-15-2023 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:47 PM
Panamera2014
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

was it easy to reach up and also pull that plastic insert that holds the cable ball in place?
Old 05-16-2023, 03:54 AM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts

I had this issue , did a thread with pics round about Christmas , with photos on strip down and replacement of the handle end . I’ll see if I can find it , here you go . Really quite easy to get to the interior end of the cable , just pull the door strip off, then pull the lower panel off after removing the release handle. There’s a small notch to push a small driver in to release that . The cable end should be visible , as the bracket will be broken as per the photos in three below. If you can get enough purchase on the cable, should be able to pull it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...se-handle.html

Last edited by Mr Tee; 05-16-2023 at 04:00 AM.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:07 PM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Default Hood won’t open

man that looks so hard brother and I don’t even have a camera so as well anyone know another way how to get Panamera hood open the simple made way for simple car guys this car with no emergency safe realationship why are Porsche so simple though complicated that’s European culture or something I love it LOL
to fix though to replace anything it’s hard to reach we always have to take the whole car apart to reach anything important Porsche make the owners feel like thief’s trying to take parts before we simply can know what to do without forum make me wonder does Porsche even know 🤔🙄
Old 05-25-2023, 02:05 PM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts

Strip the panel off inside the footwell, the cable end should be visible

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to open hood ? 2010 Panamera