Panamera 2010-Current

Leipzig Plant Says Farewell to 1st-Gen Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Rennlist Editor
Editor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leipzig Plant Says Farewell to 1st-Gen Panamera

The final example of the first-generation Porsche Panamera has rolled off the assembly line at the Leipzig, Germany plant.

Read the rest on the Rennlist homepage. >>
Old 09-06-2016, 07:48 PM
mdosu
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

and let the accelerated depreciation begin!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:27 PM
balazskontes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdosu
and let the accelerated depreciation begin!
On a GTS?!?!? I don't think so... Perhaps the V6 models.

But now that the entire Panamera line-up in the 2nd generation model will sport Audi engines, let's see what the future holds for the last Porsche-engineered V8s and their depreciation.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:52 PM
mdosu
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by balazskontes
On a GTS?!?!? I don't think so... Perhaps the V6 models.

But now that the entire Panamera line-up in the 2nd generation model will sport Audi engines, let's see what the future holds for the last Porsche-engineered V8s and their depreciation.
Personally hoping it accelerates on a S E-Hybrid here. These laptop on wheels will only depreciate further once VW and Audi dilutes supply with similar offerings in the Treg, Q7, A# and the likes.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Saying goodbye to the last GenOne Panamera is like saying goodbye to a monkey's red a** at the zoo.
Interesting to have seen it, but you won't take the opportunity to return and see it again.

Sorry. It's just a fugly design, thanks to Wedeking The Giant messing up the roofline. The earlier front fascia was no looker, either. Go ahead; flame all you want.
Can't wait to lay eyes and hands on the Gen2 in person. FAR better design. THAT I will seriously consider as a longterm vehicle.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:08 AM
Jafetica888
Advanced

Originally Posted by Valkuri
Saying goodbye to the last GenOne Panamera is like saying goodbye to a monkey's red a** at the zoo. Interesting to have seen it, but you won't take the opportunity to return and see it again. Sorry. It's just a fugly design, thanks to Wedeking The Giant messing up the roofline. The earlier front fascia was no looker, either. Go ahead; flame all you want. Can't wait to lay eyes and hands on the Gen2 in person. FAR better design. THAT I will seriously consider as a longterm vehicle.
I don't share your thoughts. Car journalists love to bash the look of the Panamera, I get nothing but 'love your car' comments
Old 09-08-2016, 06:21 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Is the number on the registration the number of Gen I produced?
Old 09-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

I get nothing but 'love your car' comments
To each his own.
I find later 996s and the '64 Lincoln attractive, while others despise them, so: YMMV.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:31 PM
molarman
Intermediate

I have a 2015 Panamera GTS and personally think it look fine. Although I read all the negative comments about its looks, I too only receive enthusiastic, sometimes envious comments about owning such a grand automobile, a Porsche.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Valkuri
Saying goodbye to the last GenOne Panamera is like saying goodbye to a monkey's red a** at the zoo.
Interesting to have seen it, but you won't take the opportunity to return and see it again.

Sorry. It's just a fugly design, thanks to Wedeking The Giant messing up the roofline. The earlier front fascia was no looker, either. Go ahead; flame all you want.
Can't wait to lay eyes and hands on the Gen2 in person. FAR better design. THAT I will seriously consider as a longterm vehicle.
Wow.....from an owner of former great looking cars...'71 Gremlin; '73 Vega; '77 Rabbit; '70 Cutlass; '80 Rabbit,'03 HummerH3!
Old 09-09-2016, 01:13 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Wow.....from an owner of former great looking cars...'71 Gremlin; '73 Vega; '77 Rabbit; '70 Cutlass; '80 Rabbit,'03 HummerH3!
I imagine you drove an Aston Martin in college and medical school, yes?
My Gremlin cost $200; the Cutlass, $500. The Vega was free. The attraction? The price tag.
Having grown up next to my family's junkyard: I regard myself as an expert on fugly automobiles.
If I choose to spend something in the range of $100,000 for an automobile, I'd better be absolutely in love with every feature.
If you feel that way about the Gen1 Panamera: God love you. Enjoy it. I hate it. None need agree with me.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:19 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/wp-c...panamera-1.jpg

Now, here is a beautiful Panamera.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Here, in contrast is a NOT beautiful Panamera.

No, whoops: Sorry, that's a monkey. My mistake.
See? Nearly indistinguishable.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:56 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Now here, in contrast, is the monkey.
http://www.luxuriousmagazine.com/wp-...-panamera2.jpg

You can see the difference, in that------DAMMIT! This, apparently is the Panamera.
See? It's just SO hard to make the distinction, except for the license plate. That, for me is the tip-off.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jafetica888
I don't share your thoughts. Car journalists love to bash the look of the Panamera, I get nothing but 'love your car' comments
There are plenty of internet trolls who will tell you that you own an ugly car, though. I found that a difficult part of owning one.

In the 18 months I owned it, I got one compliment on the car. Guy compared it to the lines of the Jaguar E type. I didn't really agree, even if I didn't think it was "fugly" as the trolls like to say.

Ultimately I moved on because I didn't like how big it was, and it just didn't feel like a sports car to me. I'm driving a 991.1 4S now, and one of the less-obvious things is how much more maneuverable it is. I always ended up having to correct my parking the Panamera, and never have that problem in the 911.

Quick Reply: Leipzig Plant Says Farewell to 1st-Gen Panamera