Panamera 2010-Current

Leipzig Plant Says Farewell to 1st-Gen Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 01:21 AM
Jafetica888
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
There are plenty of internet trolls who will tell you that you own an ugly car, though. I found that a difficult part of owning one. In the 18 months I owned it, I got one compliment on the car. Guy compared it to the lines of the Jaguar E type. I didn't really agree, even if I didn't think it was "fugly" as the trolls like to say. Ultimately I moved on because I didn't like how big it was, and it just didn't feel like a sports car to me. I'm driving a 991.1 4S now, and one of the less-obvious things is how much more maneuverable it is. I always ended up having to correct my parking the Panamera, and never have that problem in the 911.
Trying to convince my wife to take my PGTS, sell her Cayenne and I buy a 991s, but no luck yet ☺️
Old 09-11-2016, 10:27 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Me too

Originally Posted by Jafetica888
I don't share your thoughts. Car journalists love to bash the look of the Panamera, I get nothing but 'love your car' comments
I get almost daily compliments on my PGTS. Funny thing, but a couple of years ago after driving my '15 991 TTS for a few months and considered replacing my A8 with an S8, I drove a CPO'd '13, very low mileage PGTS and loved it. I could not quite accept the blunt D4 S8 design and heavy handling, notwithstanding the blinding straight line speed. That was after years of not especially liking the roof line. Replaced it with a '16 PGTS earlier this year. Nothing like an NA Porsche and the '16 PGTS may be the last Porsche NA V8. Yes, the new model will absolutely rock dynamically and with powerful exterior design, but my bet is that 99.9% of people seeing it will not distinguish it from the first gen Panamera. The Panamera is an acquired taste, IMO and is by far and away the best sedan on the road. FWIW, I respect anyone's choice of ride. Finally, I never get a car for its resale value, just for the pleasure I derive from driving them. Nevertheless, those rooting for big depreciation of the '13-'16 PGTS may be disappointed.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:06 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a Black/Black 12 P4S with Turbo II wheels.. I receive compliments on the car often.. I don't think it's ugly but we are all entitled to our own opinions.. Overall, the driving experience is unmatched.. The feeling I get in sport plus mode barreling down the highway is all that matter to me when discussing the Panamera.. I look forward to getting a Gen 2 Turbo..
Old 10-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get compliments on my car at least a couple of times/week. It is Carmine Red with black trim and wheels, giving it a little more of a sporty look, so that may help as well. Additionally, I get a lot of positive comments about my exhaust note when I turn on the car (turbo w/ sport exhaust).

The only other car that I received close to the number of compliments was an E46 M3 (also in red). That car has such a timeless look...
Old 10-11-2016, 08:56 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
..The Panamera is an acquired taste, IMO and is by far and away the best sedan on the road. FWIW, I respect anyone's choice of ride. Finally, I never get a car for its resale value, just for the pleasure I derive from driving them. Nevertheless, those rooting for big depreciation of the '13-'16 PGTS may be disappointed.
+1, Having a P4S 2010, with air susp. After more than 40'000 miles, I feel the same.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:09 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Looking at your car list, you look to be a "Pinto lover", I do respect your taste, this is fine, but, before making critics at this car (the Gen 1 Panamera), ..may be you should try one for some time.
And frankly, what is your current sedan choice ?
A BMW 7, ..or an Audi S8 ?
In my taste (..and, I had two BMW 7 in my car list !), these (BM7, Audi 8, and etc..) are by far not at the level of the design of Panamera Gen1.
(For me, the only Sedan that IMO looks nicer than the Panamera is the Aston Rapid.)
And if you are talking about the handling, simply no other Sedan can compare, ..and by VERY far.

Originally Posted by Valkuri
Saying goodbye to the last GenOne Panamera is like saying goodbye to a monkey's red a** at the zoo.
Interesting to have seen it, but you won't take the opportunity to return and see it again.

Sorry. It's just a fugly design, thanks to Wedeking The Giant messing up the roofline. The earlier front fascia was no looker, either. Go ahead; flame all you want.
Can't wait to lay eyes and hands on the Gen2 in person. FAR better design. THAT I will seriously consider as a longterm vehicle.

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 10-12-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Leipzig Plant Says Farewell to 1st-Gen Panamera